Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

2 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I'm so torn about the second single

Bodyguard

Levii's Jeans

II Most Wanted

What should it be?!?

I mean when I look at how they are playlisting, II Most Wanted is definitely the obvious choice.

i think it can truly be a hit (not a tik tok one but a radio/organic one) thanks to both fanbase and within the month, another song might take off through TikTok a la Cuff it! 

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

2 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Does it sample Michael Jackson. I can't put my finger on it 

It sounds like Rhythm Of The Night to me

I keep saying it but no one listens lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Golden said:

LEVII'S JEANS is THE ONLY LOGICAL SECOND/THIRD SINGLE

They seem to be pushing II MOST WANTED on NMF

I CAVED IN AND LISTENED!

Such an interesting ride. It's amazing how much she pushed her creativity in this. If "Country" as a genre isn't enough to classify it, the storytelling aspect of the whole album definitely is inspired by real country classics. It's her most personal album, she showed her most vulnerable side and pushed her voice to places she never really explored. Also, it's soooo ******* funny and entertaining!

Have I enjoyed EVERYTHING? Certainly not, for now, I need to listen to it again and I don't wanna judge it too quickly. Riverdance was a bit boring during my first listen. The spoken interludes makes sense in the album, but as separate tracks they hold no value. Also I need to listen again but I'm pretty sure Willie Nelson mispronounced Bey's name :rip:

But aside from that. The POWER some songs hold is breathtaking. American Requiem is an incredible introduction not only into the sonic landscape of the record, but also to her stance and mood during it. Daughter is probably one of her best songs ever. I can't wait for someone to dissect it, it's so mysterious and haunting.

2 Most Wanted and Levi's Jeans are RADIO bangers. Completely hooked by them. Miley mature, sultry, juicy voice fusing with Beys, Post going the acoustic, untouched, non-melodyne/autotune road to duet with queen and absolutely dominating the song! Tyrant is such a BOP. The most "classic Bey" song in it for sure.

But...YA YA. Ladies and gentlemen....what a GEM. Ya Ya is her at the most powerful. I NEED to listen to this live.

Now lemme listen to it again and again :jonny5: Miss Giselle you did it again....i'm at loss for words. The way she manages each time to stop the world!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Machete said:

Not trying to be weird or rain on the parade but is there another Hive who doesn't like the album? I feel genuinely gaslight by people adoring it let alone saying it's her best? :deadbanana4:

Spoiler

I'll keep it 100 :bird:wait for my review 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Bodyguard

Levii's Jeans

II Most Wanted

What should it be?!?

You are getting yo life chile! I cannot wait

• Haha 1

Maybe it's just me but Posty sounds so gay on Levii's :fan:

• Haha 1

Now my question is why is she in Japan and why was she teasing it with that beer pic :rip:

• Like 1

"Levi's Jeans" is a radio smash and multi week #1 guaranteed, it's candy and catchy as ****. 

But unfortunately Taylor's single with Post Malone in 2 weeks is gonna be her first single ... bad timing. I think that's why they pushing Miley's feat on the playlisting instead. 

But you never know it will likely take off on it's own like 'Cuff It'.

l4Rq7ab-compressor.thumb.gif.c8a6eca355b 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

I'm going to stay up late tonight and celebrate with the Hive. 

@Lovett @JoAddams @Blue Rose @Kool_Aid_King @Negiiiii 

We gon' chart watch? :)

only if we get 80M on Spotify 

:gayoncecat3:

• Haha 1

Did some thinking and I think vinyls go this way:

Side A - Ameriican Requiem - Texas Hold 'Em (Texas ends with a two second silence, 17 minutes)

Side B - Bodyguard - Just For Fun (Just For Fun doesn't transition and sounds like an ending, 20 minutes)

Side C - II Most Wanted - Desert Eagle (II Most Wanted introduces the section with the two most mainstream collabs and then Linda - Ya Ya - Louisana have to go together so…, 17 minutes)

Side D - Riiverdance - Amen (Desert Eagle doesn't really transition into Riiverdance I think, but Riiverdance does transition into II Hands II Heaven so she shouldn't cut that, 21 minutes)

1 minute ago, Eóghan said:

"Levi's Jeans" is a radio smash and multi week #1 guaranteed, it's candy and catchy as ****. 

But unfortunately Taylor's single with Post Malone in 2 weeks is gonna her first single ... bad timing. I think that's why they pushing Miley's feat on the playlisting instead. 

But you never know it will likely take off on it's own like 'Cuff It'.

l4Rq7ab-compressor.thumb.gif.c8a6eca355b 

If the GP latches onto Levi's Jeans instead, there is nothing Parkwood can do. They tried to push Summer Renaissance and it didn't work.

I'm a stallion running, no candle in the wind.

You won't ever see me coming or going,

but you know whenever I'm here. 

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

I love the Jolene cover but is it allowed to cover it and change lyrics? Is that still considered a cover or is it something else now? 

I really think the single will be one of the three I mentioned, I just don't know which one the GP will really latch on to

It could be all three..  We will see! 

I can't believe she didn't push the playlisting of Levii's jeans though, it deserves more.  Jolene is nice, but Levii, Bodyguard, Riiverdance, Daughter deserves the playlisting more

• Like 1

Australia sure taking a long time for that Itunes #1 :deadbanana:

• Thumbs Down 2

I'm not listening to anything yet.  

But hell yes at Tanner being on the album. :clap3: I'll totally eat crow and say I was wrong (see: Azealia Banks criticism thread).  Happy to see it! 

Cant wait to listen tonight. 

18 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Does it sample Michael Jackson. I can't put my finger on it 

I think it samples fletwood Mac? 

1 minute ago, stupidjock said:

Which song 

22 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Bodyguard

Levii's Jeans

II Most Wanted

What should it be?!?

II Most Wanted to use the hype from the Bey and Miley collab to push it to its peak. And then Bodyguard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Australia sure taking a long time for that Itunes #1 :deadbanana:

yeah, what is up with that?  Unless she glitched it because it's not even charting there at all

And did they ever get it up on Apple Music there?

• Thanks 1

BucklIn needed its own song

Faves after first full listen:

Bodyguard

Levii's Jeans

Ya Ya

Riiverdance

Daughter

Tyrant

Protector

I honesty can't choose. I do think the second half bodies the first half, but all in all.. no skips. She did it again. I can't believe it

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Bodyguard

Levii's Jeans

II Most Wanted

What should it be?!?

These are the singles HANDS DOWN!

All of them have #1 hot 100 potential!!!!

3 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.