Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

12 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

Of course, the tracking might be off. But, at the moment, there's nothing to suggest that's the case. 

Again, working with the data available, 150k-200k or thereabout isn't that far-fetched. 

She's sold an estimated 47k vinyls so far. The CD boxes are said to be selling slowly too. But, for convo sake, let's say that's another 20k

She did 120k streaming units first week with Rennie. Let's say her heightened streaming profile gives her 140k this time as a conservative estimate. 

That totals just over 200k. Not the worst, but an underperformance and an unnecessary one at. 

I'd gladly take it on the chin if it were a surprise release or if the market is bad or if she did all she could. But doing anything in the ballpark above will be annoying because it literally did not need to happen. She's had weeks and weeks to benefit from hype buys.

You are meaning 200k/150K total? She would do more, that's for sure. At worst, she'll be a little above 300k imo. 

However I don't understand the anger towards @Lose My Breathand @Machete's posts. Both are just talking about factual sales. No shade and I mean it respectfully but some are triggered easily and should maybe stay in the base if charts and discussion/projection of sales in the music forums annoy them. 

• Like 3

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

Just now, KingB® said:

Nice. T4P. I always thought the whole 3-act project was finished before she started Renaissance. It felt like Ren was the one she worked on last because samples and everything were being cleared at the last minute. 

i hope the album doesn't sound dated when it drops ngl. Saying that the album is 6-5 years old wasn't really necessary either. 

The hive getting greedy. Just let it play out. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I love these kind of inside news.

I think we are going to be suprised.  first it was a country album, then it's not a country album, now it's a timeless piece.

• Thanks 2

I bet she recorded this album in a span of six months after the Daddy's Lesson episode :gaynetcat2:

• Like 1

so maybe her next album was going to be cowboy carter before 2020

but covid happened and decided to make a more "get up and dance" record

and somewhere in there she said **** it and made another album, where she completed the trilogy idea/concepts 

so like

CMAs incident happens -> 2018/19: COWBOY CARTER is (semi) finished -> 2020: RENAISSANCE is finished, Act III is finished 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, TryMe said:

I love these kind of inside news.

I think we are going to be suprised.  first it was a country album, then it's not a country album, now it's a timeless piece.

One journalist called it an "acoustic" record last year, well before any info was released 

• Like 3

Interesting, so whoever is featured recorded their part back then too.

11 minutes ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

Beyoncé doesn't make "what's trending now" music. So it sounding dated is the very least of my worries. 

better yet its time she opens up the archives and start giving us anniversary versions of her albums with the vault tracks. 

why a Lady Gaga stan is laughing at your post? especially when it's about not sounding dated?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

19 minutes ago, campelo said:

I bet she recorded this album in a span of six months after the Daddy's Lesson episode :gaynetcat2:

Sis had to get something off her chest

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952x92dfvs0oid2awdmxeo

Edited by Crayzik

The way this annoys me as a casual listener who really enjoyed Renaissance  and went to see her live cause of it :deadbanana2: Whatever 

Just now, Frappucino said:

The way this annoys me as a casual listener who really enjoyed Renaissance  and went to see her live cause of it :deadbanana2: Whatever 

Why does it annoy you to know this album was completed first?

• Like 1

so will there be a standard vinyl/cd?

33 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

i hope the album doesn't sound dated when it drops ngl. Saying that the album is 6-5 years old wasn't really necessary either. 

Although the album was 'done' 5-6 years ago it doesn't mean it hasn't changed since then. Without a shadow of a doubt Beyoncé would have been tweaking it over the years, re-recording vocals, adding and removing elements of songs. It just means that the core of the album has been ready for years.

• Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Why does it annoy you to know this album was completed first?

Cause the decision is so left field to me as a casual listener, I mean it makes sense from a business perspective but the direction she's going is just not my cup of tea so I guess I'm officially jumping ship from this era for now :redface:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Thumbs Down 2

13 minutes ago, Burn said:

Although the album was 'done' 5-6 years ago it doesn't mean it hasn't changed since then. Without a shadow of a doubt Beyoncé would have been tweaking it over the years, re-recording vocals, adding and removing elements of songs. It just means that the core of the album has been ready for years.

No that's definitely true. But what I meant is that I hope that despite being a little bit old, that it doesn't sound too much of it's time. The musical landscape kinda changed compared to 2019. But knowing Bey, she will deliver a timeless piece just like always!

2 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

Cause the decision is so left field to me as a casual listener, I mean it makes sense from a business perspective but the direction she's going is just not my cup of tea so I guess I'm officially jumping ship from this era for now :redface:

I'm sorry, I really don't understand what your point is. :skull: I don't understand how this information changes... anything? Let alone enough to make you no longer want to listen to an album you were previously engaged with.

How does this change the "direction she's going"? Sorry, I'm trying to understand the point you're making but I can't wrap my head around it at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

Christopher Nolan and James Cameron are known for taking their time with their projects and are always met with great respect and love for their projects. Why should it be any different for Bey?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So as a casual listener I had to put up with y'all bitching and whining about lack of visuals and whatever stupid **** y'all cared about but now I as a casual listener cannot express the fact that I don't wanna hear no ******* banjos no matter who singing it. Stans are so…. Funny!!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.