Wicked | Cynthia Erivo & Ariana Grande | Trailer out now

Azulito

Ariana Grande had such a glow down. :shakeno: This looks like a parody of a Wicked parody.

• Haha 1

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aristocrat

• Lovett

• Gerardo

• mxoonlight

Nothing can be worse that Taylor Swift's atrocious Cats :michael:

Standom infiltrating to such a degree that Cats is being brought up :deadbanana:

I’ll probably see this in theaters and I’ll reserve judgment :coffee2:

The trailer looks great. :clap3:The VF photo looks bad though, hopefully there are better shots that we haven’t seen yet. 

11 hours ago, Phonography said:

Why does this have so many dislikes on youtube I thought it was nice:rip: Is there a controversy I missed because it's serving little mermaid

Honestly not sure :rip: the only controversy around the film is Ariana and Ethan's relationship. Other than that, I assume its just people who are fans of the Broadway musical and

1) aren't supportive of Ariana's casting

2) had a different idea in their head for how the film would look

3) expected it to be a copy & paste of the stage production and it's clearly not that 

• Like 1

They ate that. :clap3:

That was only a teaser, right? Can't wait for the official trailer to come out. :WAP:

Another campy classic on the way! :clap3:

If you check the comments on youtube, they are all complaining about the black lead and claiming they "race swapped" a green person 

spacer.png

They even nicknamed it "woke-ed" :biblio:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RandomHooker said:

Ariana Grande had such a glow down. :shakeno: This looks like a parody of a Wicked parody.

I can't believe she looks like that now. And the CGI giving Cats / Sharkboy and Lavagirl.. oh I'm perched for this now.

Edited by concubine

I think this will do REALLY well because it has the witch school plot and the most iconic songs (Popular and Defying Gravity). But then Part 2 will be a steep decline.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, katyberry said:

If you check the comments on youtube, they are all complaining about the black lead and claiming they "race swapped" a green person 

spacer.png

she's literally GREEN kjadsfhgd racists are the dumbest ******* people alive its genuinely hilarious how devoid of brain activity they are

5 hours ago, katyberry said:

spacer.png

The first time a Black woman played Elphaba was in 2005 mind you. These idiots are almost 20 years late.

• Like 1

The dislikes :rip: 

This is not it :suburban:

Another CATS panned level of messiness is coming :suburban:

• Thumbs Down 4

6 hours ago, MatiRod said:

I think this will do REALLY well because it has the witch school plot and the most iconic songs (Popular and Defying Gravity). But then Part 2 will be a steep decline.

Part 2 has new songs for Ariana and Cynthia, For Good and No Good Deed, they'll be fine.

6 hours ago, concubine said:

I can't believe she looks like that now. And the CGI giving Cats / Sharkboy and Lavagirl.. oh I'm perched for this now.

Which CGI is giving that? You are sounding jealous

7 hours ago, concubine said:

I do have to know what exactly you mean as far as CGI, as they have been proud and loud about the extent of practical effects and sets they used to bring Oz to life. Universal also has Wizarding World’s effects team behind them for anything that does require VFX, and that is pretty evident. 

This will at best recoup the production and promotional costs of the movie. I don’t see this surpassing doubling its budget(300M)

On 2/13/2024 at 10:37 AM, RandomHooker said:

Nothing can be worse that Taylor Swift's atrocious Cats :michael:

She appeared in only 1 scene. Ariana is one of the leads. Huge difference

OT: Can’t move past how sick Ariana looks. I’ve struggled with disordered eating & you can’t convince me that’s not what’s going on with her. I wish her nothing but health & happiness but I won’t be watching this. Hope she takes time to focus on herself & heal

I don't know exactly the reason for it, but she recently reminds me of MJ a bit. 

I miss the way she looked during her ME era, I know it's almost 10 yrs ago, but she looked SO cute. 

Loved the slightly lightened dark hair, and her chubbier face looked super sweet. 

Truly miss the way she looked back then. 

spacer.png

Edited by 808dream

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lovett said:

Now everyone can chill out about that rumor that Dr. Dillamond was being gender bent. Great casting choice either way! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.