Bradley Cooper reveals he considered Adele for ASIB

shyboi

I wonder if she would’ve had chemistry with  Bradley - the whole movie was carried by the leads’ chemistry. She would’ve slayed Shallow tho.

Beyonce is too insular to be interesting as an actress IMO, this why she didn’t have chemistry with anyone so far (not even with Idris Elba). She was getting there with Cadillac Records. 

3 hours ago, punisher said:

idk why but i always think lana would’ve killed the role 

gaga was a perfect choice though

I could actually see that working. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• nadiamendell

• GraceRandolph

• AndThenTheCocaine

He said in the full interview that after he met Gaga, he couldn't believe he had even thought of someone else to play the role:clap3:

Edited by Loroy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

However, her acting chops remain to be seen and could've been a downside to the project.

I mean the actress who got the role isn't exactly Meryl Streep if you know what I mean

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

Well the role required more than sitting in a chair, so I'm afraid Adele would have never agreed to it. :siptea:

2 hours ago, eleganceislearned said:

I wonder if she would’ve had chemistry with  Bradley - the whole movie was carried by the leads’ chemistry. She would’ve slayed Shallow tho.

Beyonce is too insular to be interesting as an actress IMO, this why she didn’t have chemistry with anyone so far (not even with Idris Elba). She was getting there with Cadillac Records. 

I could actually see that working. 

There would be no Shallow without Gaga’s involvement :rip:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, BadHabits said:

Pink: Circus Performer

I screamed! :bibliahh:

6 minutes ago, frankvert said:

There would be no Shallow without Gaga’s involvement :rip:

there would be, mark and Gaga would gladly give it to Bey or Adele.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

8 minutes ago, shyboi said:

there would be, mark and Gaga would gladly give it to Bey or Adele.

mark and gaga would be part of the project if Gaga wasnt acting because?

I laughed so hard just imagining that lol

anyways Gaga was truly the only one perfect for that role i honestly couldn’t imagine anyone doing it but her

I’m not a big fan of her or anything but Lady Gaga really killed that role. It just felt so real.

• Like 1

dont let miss gaga read this :chick2:

sad adele GIF

Kinda want to see Adele in the role now. 

Edited by Phaunzie

2 hours ago, nadiamendell said:

Well the role required more than sitting in a chair, so I'm afraid Adele would have never agreed to it. :siptea:

Sorry sis, Adele was clearly getting her workouts in and would have been happy to agree to the role. Nice off-colour joke though, nice try, I guess.

4 minutes ago, Phaunzie said:

Sorry sis, Adele was clearly getting her workouts in and would have been happy to agree to the role. Nice off-colour joke though, nice try, I guess.

Girl, please. She still loves her chairs.

Adele%2520wears%2520Lanvin.JPG

Edited by nadiamendell

2 hours ago, midnightdawn said:

I mean the actress who got the role isn't exactly Meryl Streep if you know what I mean

Yet Meryl herself said nobody else could have done it but Gaga.

Makes you wonder if 5 years later the fumes are still this strong, what would happen to some of y'all as she continues taking on more high profile projects and establishing herself further as an actress. 

:clack:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

The album could've maybe even served the sales of The Bodyguard.

That's what i was about to post! The soundtrack would've sold 10 times its current total.

And by category, the movie could've grossed around 1B. I know my mom would break her heels running to the nearest theather to see Adele lol

But yeah i think all things considered, Gaga was the perfect fit for the role. I can imagine the album pulling Bodyguard numbers in 2018 but i can't see Adele as an actress.

they cant afford adele

5 hours ago, Mariah4life said:

they cant afford adele

but they could afford THEE GAGA sis? bfr

It's silly to keep holding on 'what if' scenario's. A Star Is Born came at the right time at the right moment for Gaga. The movie and it's aesthetics, even music felt like a different enough departure for what we know Gaga of, but at the same time also felt like a logical growth/evolution to where she was from Joanne and onwards. Pun intended, the stars perfectly aligned and I doubt it would have been the same for whoever would have taken it in her place.

I love Adele, but Lady Gaga made the movie for me. I was genuinely shocked how good she was

i only would’ve been here for it to see adele serve pop girlie cvnt during the part when ally transforms into a pop star :WAP:

I love Beyoncé and Adele but no, not for ASIB. Beyoncé cannot act and Gaga was just perfect. I adored her in Gucci also. Very talented as an actress

Imagine the box office :WAP:

Can she act tho?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.