Taylor Swift vs. Mariah Carey: Better Artistry?

Lagerfeld

?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Better ARTISTRY.

• Mariah Carey - MC.
    • Taylor Swift - TS.

Both of these ladies are known for their EXCEPTIONAL songwriting skills. Taylor has won many GRAMMY awards, however, Mariah was not gifted enough for her talents. Who has the better artistry?

TQJGFze9Wd6fjvr1Uh.webp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• Miley Cyrus

• AxelFox

• Lagerfeld

Top Posters In This Topic

Mariah sweetie... :biblio:

The Enchanted singer :bird:

• Thanks 1

stop disrespecting mariah :biblio:

mariah's shake it off >>>> taylor's bland it off is proof of who's better

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Mariah. The existence of that alt-rock album alone shows that if she had the privilege of being in her prime in times when an artist was not so restrained by their label, she would have been ahead of the curve in her artistry.

Edited by Blackout2006
  • Like 2

Just burn this god forsake forum to the ground already

on-fire.jpeg?w=1200&h=630&fit=crop&crop=faces&fm=jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Miley Cyrus said:

stop disrespecting mariah :biblio:

mariah's shake it off >>>> taylor's bland it off is proof of who's better

The annoying confused reactions the swifties give to factual statements all the time shows the iq of an entire Stanbase. Comprehension isnt a talent they posses, which also puts into question how are they even able to rate, compare or judge lyricists at all, such as their supposed lyricist queen (hint, they arent able to). This happens much too often for it not to be perceived as true. 

Secondly, exactly. Mariah's shake it off is godly. The other one isn't even a listenable song 💀.

Thirdly, Taylor doesn't have artistry, unless doing a bait and switch with katy perry is artistry. Having more childish themes in your music and lyrics than Katy Perry while changing your image to replicate a 15 year old girl instead of a 7 year old child, like Katy Perry, so people eat it up isn't artistry, it's capitalistic dark hearted malignant energy.

I think I could hire 4 people who don't speak English from various countries around the world to write, in English, better, more meaningful, relatable and profound lyrics than Taylor Swift. 

Edited by differentkindahigh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, differentkindahigh said:

The annoying confused reactions the swifties give to factual statements all the time shows the iq of an entire Stanbase. It happens too often for it not to be perceived as true. 

Secondly exactly. Mariah's shake it off is godly. The other one isn't even a listenable song 💀.

Thirdly, Taylor doesn't have artistry, unless doing a bait and switch with katy perry is artistry. Having more childish themes in your music and lyrics than Katy Perry while changing your image to replicate a 15 year old girl instead of a 7 year old child like Katy Perry so people eat it up.

I think I could hire 4 people who don't speak English from various countries around the world to write, in English, better lyrics than Taylor Swift. 

Right?! She stays writing songs as if she's a 17 year old girl stuck in a 34 year old women's body and they eat it up :ahh: 

And they're fawning and gagging over lyrics like "it's me hi I'm the problem x5" and "karma is a cat" like it's the pinnacle of songwriting... :dies:

But its very fitting that they fall for that because they keep falling for the very clear and obvious cash grab she's doing with her re-releases they're foaming at the mouth over re-recorded songs :clownny:

Edited by Miley Cyrus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Miley Cyrus said:

Right?! She stays writing songs as if she's a 17 year old girl stuck in a 34 year old women's body and they eat it up :ahh: 

And they're fawning and bragging about lyrics like "it's me hi I'm the problem x5" and "karma is a cat" like it's the pinnacle of songwriting... :dies:

But its very fitting that they fall for that just like they fall for the very clear and obvious cash grab she's doing with her re-releases they're foaming at the mouth over re-recorded songs :clownny:

The fact that Katy Perry, dressed as literal CLOWN, meant to attract children, has better songwriting than this girl is insane. What's even more astounding is that her fans believe that she truly is a great songwriter. Whatever people perceive to be below the level of clown, that's what Ms. Kelce is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, differentkindahigh said:

The fact that Katy Perry, dressed as literal CLOWN, meant to attract children, has better songwriting than this girl is insane. What's even more astounding is that her fans believe that she truly is a great songwriter. Whatever people perceive to be below the level of clown, that's what Ms. Kelce is.

Well they can keep pushing this narrative and they can keep shouting it into the abyss and maybe they can convince hope.

Not too much on Mrs. Katheryn :eddie: CTTR outpenned Taylor Swift discography.

Edited by Miley Cyrus
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

mariah sweetie... 

Taylor actually plays instruments so I’m going with her 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

OTHs are IMPLODING :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Taylor actually plays instruments so I’m going with her 

Voice is an instrument and Miss Swift does not play that 

spacer.png

Spoiler

Jk

Spoiler

Kinda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Both Sides Now said:

Voice is an instrument and Miss Swift does not play that 

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

Jk

Hide contents

Kinda

Can Mariah play that these days?

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Taylor is very talented but Mariah is one of best songwriter of all time. Mariah invented the sound for an entire era of music. And I don’t think anyone would really claim that Taylor hasn’t really broken new ground, sonically. 

Edited by CallumDavies
  • Like 4

Mariah is excellent but it's Taylor who takes the win here simply because she's more versatile, she can write about anything from any perspective and have people relate to it. There's very few people who mastered it the way that Taylor Swift has. 

• Haha 11

Both great. I’m never really as impressed at Taylor’s writing skills as people seem to be, I’m not saying she can’t write or isn’t great it’s just overhyped to the point to being underwhelming where the songs are perfectly good/fine. 

• Like 1

Mariah is overall the stronger artist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BabyBenzz said:

Mariah is excellent but it's Taylor who takes the win here simply because she's more versatile, she can write about anything from any perspective and have people relate to it. There's very few people who mastered it the way that Taylor Swift has. 

:deadbanana4:

• Like 1

As a fan of both, I still give Mariah the edge for now but Taylor has been catching up. Folklore and Evermore are prime examples of that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.