JLo second single debuts with 39k first day streams

suburbannature

11 hours ago, shimind said:

where are her so called latino fans? why are they not supporting her Spanish music?

Because she's always a nobody in Latin America. She only has a latin fanbase in the US and that's it.

Latin America did not really care about her.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeneration

• suburbannature

• shakeyourbombom

• insomniac

40 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

Ok I will humor you. Can you prove any of this? 

November 27, 2023 per industry trade DEADLINE:

“News comes down today that there will also be a movie “inspired by the music” releasing on the same date. Amazon MGM Studios has acquired and will release Nuyorican Productions’ This Is Me…Now: The Film on Prime Video worldwide.”

https://deadline.com/2023/11/jennifer-lopez-album-this-is-me-now-release-date-amazon-movie-1235638061/amp/

She basically produced the project under her own Nuyorican Productions company, using an LLC called Hummingbird (which we found out before the sale to Amazon via IMDB credits in June of 2023, which were quickly rremoved—probably to keep the visual album a secret).

Edited by insomniac
  • Like 2

She'll never recoup any of the money for that movie, this is a travesty :rip:

1 minute ago, insomniac said:

November 27, 2023 per industry trade DEADLINE:

“News comes down today that there will also be a movie “inspired by the music” releasing on the same date. Amazon MGM Studios has acquired and will release Nuyorican Productions’ This Is Me…Now: The Film on Prime Video worldwide.”

https://deadline.com/2023/11/jennifer-lopez-album-this-is-me-now-release-date-amazon-movie-1235638061/amp/

She basically produced the project under her own Nuyorican Productions company, using an LLC called Hummingbird (which we found out before the sale to Amazon via IMDB credits in June of 2023, which were quickly rremoved—probably to keep the visual album a secret).

If You Say So Shrug GIF

This is sad because she is actually trying to give a proper era. We should all be supporting the ole girls because if we don’t we won’t be getting any music from any of them. What’s the point in sinking money into projects no one tunes in for?

Having said all that - unfortunately - the song isn’t good. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Not sure what you mean with the gif. I humored you like asked. You know what acquired means right? 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jude said:

I don't even know she released new music. I think it's also the lack of promotion.

This. I did listen to the new songs and didn’t care for them on the first listen. I was shocked that there wasn’t much promo though. I guess she’s saving it for the movie?

Atrl can be so mean...

I agree with Tiago, Jlo's music career is a hobby and a bit weird, it is a side hustle that took off with a lot of push and garnered her a lot more fame and fans but people prefer watching her and seeing her perform so now that she's a legacy act, unless she gets a huge hit, she'll do good on tour and visual components (beauty and style) but not on audio streams.

What is admirable is how hard she tries, how hard she works, even though the results are not there. Even in the 10's she had a string of colossal flops and still released, performed and worked hard. That's admirable. 

• Like 5

She should have gone back to RedOne to give us those bops (even if they sound dated the gays would have ate that up).

On 2/6/2024 at 8:14 AM, insomniac said:

OP hates J.Lo because they’re a Mariah stan, yet is on top of her stats each time. It’s kind of funny. But welcome to the J.Lo base!

Yeah, her streaming numbers are indeed terrible. She’s decades into her career with little fans that seem to stream her. Oh well, she’s still on top of it doing traditional album rollout as an independent artist, serving budget each video and has a visual album with 50M budget coming in less than 2 weeks. I can’t wait to see it and am excited! 

Ps. This is not the 2nd single it’s a random album track they put online.

Ps. Ps. Since you love stats and to hate on J.Lo: Within 3 weeks a combined 11.6 Million streams on YouTube:

vs. Mariah’s “A No No” from 4 years ago (!) @ 9.4 Million streams on the same platform:

So, being from before the year 2000 does actually mean something now? I heard them say that Mariah is a flop and unknown. However, her 2022 song Big Energy Remix is sitting at 112,6 million streams on Spotify. 

It's also funny that you compare J.Lo to Mariah as if Mariah was the arbiter of great music videos. I mean you have just compared J.Lo to someone who's never won a VMA and is considered the biggest flop in all of music history. 

And... do you think that 11,6 million video views are great?

Mariah's 2019 video of AIW (which was released 10 months after A No No) received 163 million views in 2023 alone. 

Btw, also funny... comparing J.Lo's lead single video to a 3rd single video of a random Mariah Carey era. <3

A No No was the 3rd single off Mariah 15th studio album. This is me... is J.Lo's 9th album.

The lead single video of Mariah's 9th album is sitting at 77 million views right now.

A music career in which hundreds of millions of label dollars have been invested cannot be called a hobby side project just because she’s been bombing :deadbanana2:

"It's a side hustle that took off with a lot of push"... 

On 2/6/2024 at 6:36 PM, Movimento Perpétuo said:

Wait. 2nd single already? I had no idea she released a new song :deadbanana4:

This is not second single, its random album song they put online 

Everyone is so pressed about JLo. She is given huge budgets, she's fully booked/busy (unlike their favorites) 

Welcome to base!!!!!

• Like 5

:suburban:

it's not even funny anymore - wtf is going on?

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2024 at 3:31 PM, BnPac said:

Atrl can be so mean...

I agree with Tiago, Jlo's music career is a hobby and a bit weird, it is a side hustle that took off with a lot of push and garnered her a lot more fame and fans but people prefer watching her and seeing her perform so now that she's a legacy act, unless she gets a huge hit, she'll do good on tour and visual components (beauty and style) but not on audio streams.

What is admirable is how hard she tries, how hard she works, even though the results are not there. Even in the 10's she had a string of colossal flops and still released, performed and worked hard. That's admirable. 

Yup when you have multiple streams of income, releasing music just for bonus money is a blessing. 

At this point JLO has had more unsuccessful albums than successful ones right?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 2/8/2024 at 10:02 PM, suburbannature said:

:suburban:

it's not even funny anymore - wtf is going on?

this makes me want to scream :skull: are these WW numbers?

You all coming for JEN while she is doing almost the same daily streams on Spotify with any of your faves which have maybe double or triple more songs released than her and she serving #1 movies on multiple streaming platforms, huge production coming out and she can make a Super-bowl-level performance in 2 minutes like its the easiest thing in the wolrd. :eddie:

WHEN your fave, WHEN? :eddie:

How pitiful...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Extremely stable which is a good sign :clap3: 

On 2/9/2024 at 3:50 PM, Titanbaddie said:

At this point JLO has had more unsuccessful albums than successful ones right?

what kind of joke is this? 

Brave and maybe A.K.A. is on this list only.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 9:39 AM, Shaner69 said:

She's no Madonna

thank earth yes.

8 minutes ago, Tylerbv said:

Extremely stable which is a good sign :clap3: 

no, it's not ... it got 140K yesterday ...

and you all are hilarious !

the song was a random sunday drop with 200K playlist reach ... stop this nonsense ...

• Like 2

On 2/6/2024 at 8:20 PM, Lose My Breath said:

She'll never recoup any of the money for that movie, this is a travesty :rip:

you think she gave it to amazon as a gift ? :rip:

• Like 3

On 2/6/2024 at 7:42 AM, BryceG said:

Jennifer Lopez has enough money and business acumen to fund herself. 

There might not be another new album anytime soon, but she has more new singles and droplets planned, including a new 25th anniversary version of her biggest gay anthem. 

ok now what are you talking about ? lol

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.