Ariana Grande says there will be no more singles from Eternal Sunshine till it's out

Kayseri Mantisi

stupid ***** i'm sick of ha :toofunny3:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayseri Mantisi

• Dr. Alexander

• State of Grace.

• Blue Monday

29 minutes ago, Cheers said:

yes, and? remix is coming

if it’s with troye, then yes please

then why make us wait that long

spacer.png

Great. It's not even that far away and you *** are already desperately pushing a "Witness era" narrative.

However, she should get her ass on some stage and perform "yes, and?". Wicked wrapped up filming so she has 0 excuses now.

50 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

This era is a mess.

Much like her personal life. We love to see it :heart:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

36 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

If that’s the case, why did she even release the first single. She should’ve just dropped the entire album all at once and without any prior singles like Midnights…

The single was released less than two months before the album, given that hit songs take several months to peak on radio, obviously the idea was that yes, and would be peaking around the time of the album release

Good for her. This is how she wants her art digested. Nothing else to say about that 

Where are the insiders that were saying that second single is coming in February, now?

Honestly this strategy makes sense. Too many singles released before the album can be a risk and kill the hype. I mean look at GUTS and HTE eras. Both albums would have benefited immensely from not releasing as many singles before the album. Billie's best and most successful single from that era was released AFTER the album. Doing pre-release singles prior to the album only builds hype if they are smashes (Ex: TUN, SOUR).  It's a risk to do that in this case especially after yes, and? had polarizing reception among fans and the GP is meh about the song. It's 2024 not 2005. The traditional album rollout is effective for new artists, not these big established acts. 

• Thumbs Down 1

What a mess of an era. Can she perform the one song she has out then???? Like stop going to Broadway shows and put some effort into your music career

• Like 1

mess

• Like 1

Should've just surprise dropped if she wanted the album consumed in mostly one piece or went with the Positions rollout again (yes, and? then the album next week after). yes, and isn't strong enough to ride on essentially two months in between album release. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Alexander said:

If that’s the case, why did she even release the first single. She should’ve just dropped the entire album all at once and without any prior singles like Midnights…

...because that's a lame and boring way to release an album. 

It’s still going to be better than that other lady’s 14th album in 3 years though 

Dr. Alexander
6 minutes ago, nostalgic said:

...because that's a lame and boring way to release an album. 

Then tell her that because she’s the one doing it. 

Mess

1 hour ago, playwithme said:

A one-single era?:rip:

no she's saying the rest of the singles will come post album release.

1 hour ago, Bencharmer said:

Y'all are become tiktok minded.

Appreciate the wait. 

The irony because this strategy IS tiktok minded. She can pretend to be an artist all she wants but at the end of the day, this is the wisest decision for an act whose mega hit potential is slightly hanging in the balance. In today’s tiktok driven landscape, it’s actually wise to let the GP decide what song should be single and go viral before spending budget on expensive promo. 

Y’all are so easily fooled into believing a mainstream label puppet (aka any artist signed to a label of her caliber) has true artistic intentions that they are exercising purely for the art. This is a decision made by her and her label to squeeze the richest milk out of this album, especially when the first single was received along the “meh” line. 

49 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Honestly this strategy makes sense. Too many singles released before the album can be a risk and kill the hype. I mean look at GUTS and HTE eras. Both albums would have benefited immensely from not releasing as many singles before the album. Billie's best and most successful single from that era was released AFTER the album. Doing pre-release singles prior to the album only builds hype if they are smashes (Ex: TUN, SOUR).  It's a risk to do that in this case especially after yes, and? had polarizing reception among fans and the GP is meh about the song. It's 2024 not 2005. The traditional album rollout is effective for new artists, not these big established acts. 

Exactly. It’s just disingenuous for her to pretend this is anything other than a wise marketing strategy because now the GP will pick the singles and her label will follow along. It’s the wisest choice in this day and age. 

okay....i am trusting that this album will be a new artistic peak. she keeps describing it as "experience this body of work"

i am really wishing yes, and was scrapped and we got something worthy to serve as the only pre-album taste :biblionny:

knowing this is focused around eternal sunshine of the spotless mind makes me very excited and I feel like it will be extremely introspective/personal  

surprise up her sleeve? Oh dear, she better not do a "Yes, and? (Remix feat. Nicki Minaj)" :biblio:

I am having a very hard time getting into Y& ... i really hope it isn't reflective of the album as a whole and tbh she needs a bop to save this era.

Imagine if the surprise is fantasize as a stand-alone single :duca: (not from the album tracklist) and she gets 2 number ones before the album comes :ihype:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Maxxie said:

It’s still going to be better than that other lady’s 14th album in 3 years though 

Do you need a hug?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.