Talking Heads tribute album — featuring Lorde, Paramore, Miley Cyrus and others.

conquxror

the Tom Tom Club featured two members of the group and their Genius Of Love was probably more   influential than anything from the group. Mariah sampled it on Fantasy.

• Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayseri Mantisi

• Letemtalk

• sam.teas

• conquxror

hopefully this isn’t the only music lorde debuts this year…

either way this is amazing news, while also not being too surprising considering her connection to their music. can’t wait to see what she covers!

Edited by supercutofus
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Do you think could it be an old track she worked on with Jack Antonoff before they stopped talking to eachother? I think he's not involved, but thinking Jim E Stack producing this song feels so random lmao. 

There is a chance, because that interview with Lorde and David Byrne was published in October 2021, so maybe the song and album was already in the works then. On the other hand, have Jack Antonoff and David Byrne ever worked together or had any major interaction?

The connection between Lorde and David Byrne might go back quite a long way, since he added 2x Melodrama tracks to this playlist back in 2017.

P*ramore and Miley but no Annie and Mitski is actually insane

Are we sure Hack is producing? :biblio: Burning Down The House incredible, & doesn't have any of his insufferable production quirks, & Wiki isn't showing the credits for me.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Are we sure Hack is producing? :biblio:

Pls no, no one said that :biblio: We actually think Jack hasn't touched anything on this album (hopefully) 

• 4 weeks later...

This really came and went, huh? No more updates whatsoever from A24. Who the hell promotes a project like that:rip: 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

New track out — without any announcement or promotion from A24. 

“Making Flippy Floppy” by Teezo Touchdown

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if we needed “Psycho Killer” with banjos from Miley, although perhaps there won't be banjos on the version on the album.

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/miley-cyrus-cover-talking-heads-psycho-killer-new-lyrics-banjo-1235627807/
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/miley-cyrus-performs-talking-heads-psycho-killer-1234983062/

On 2/2/2024 at 12:37 AM, Eglė said:

I'm praying Lorde covers Strange Overtones :jonny4:

She is a fan of the song, a collaboration between Brian Eno and David Byrne, and appears to reference the title on her unreleased song "Invisible Ink"

But I'm not sure if "Strange Overtones" belongs on a Talking Heads tribute album.

She also appears to be fan of some of Brian Eno's other works, not sure if you saw her Instagram stories:

She appears to have a set of Oblique Strategies cards.

more info

GH-_DQCaIAArLYW.jpg

https://twitter.com/Lorde_fix/status/1765339736661745824

lorde's track is take me to the river (4:23) and she sounds amazing as always 

take me to the river:katie2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, s1974181 said:

Do you know when the full album is coming? :wave:

8 hours ago, s1974181 said:

Hiiii thank you so much for the info!! :heart: 

I have some questions would be really happy if you can answer - is she using her deep voice or is it high pitched like The Path, and do you know the production credits? Did the production have any changes compared to the original song?

@s1974181

Edited by Kayseri Mantisi
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, s1974181 said:

Do u know who's doing Once In A Lifetime :snowman:

9 hours ago, s1974181 said:

53d2e72897d94e149b208b76d5386687.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

53d2e72897d94e149b208b76d5386687.jpg

omg is it sent to streaming services or something :jonny2: must be coming really soon :jonny2:

17 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

must be coming really soon 

it doesn't necessarily mean that 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sam.teas said:

it doesn't necessarily mean that 

well that's sad :chick3: still exciting news though

10 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Do you know when the full album is coming? :wave:

sorry nope but i think theres still a bit of a wait unfortunately, i dont expect it this month

3 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Hiiii thank you so much for the info!! :heart: 

I have some questions would be really happy if you can answer - is she using her deep voice or is it high pitched like The Path, and do you know the production credits? Did the production have any changes compared to the original song?

@s1974181

sorry i dont know the credits (altho im sure thats a burning question to find out who shes working with haha) but the lovely @sam.teas might ! :)

the production is very close to the original but its not the exact same, it has changes such as a different intro for example and parts of the 2nd verse are changed to sound low-quality (i think it's meant to sound underwater if that makes sense) lol so i think it has been reproduced like paramore's cover

and she's using her deep voice and she sounds amazing :)

Spoiler

dont fight me if you disagree but my hater opinion is that this cover is better than a lot of SP (it still has its moments thou)

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Do u know who's doing Once In A Lifetime :snowman:

sorry nope !

1 hour ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

omg is it sent to streaming services or something :jonny2: must be coming really soon :jonny2:

i dont know the date but it should be coming soon i believe ! i would bet on it coming this week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, s1974181 said:

sorry nope but i think theres still a bit of a wait unfortunately, i dont expect it this month

sorry i dont know the credits (altho im sure thats a burning question to find out who shes working with haha) but the lovely @sam.teas might ! :)

the production is very close to the original but its not the exact same, it has changes such as a different intro for example and parts of the 2nd verse are changed to sound low-quality (i think it's meant to sound underwater if that makes sense) lol so i think it has been reproduced like paramore's cover

and she's using her deep voice and she sounds amazing :)

Reveal hidden contents

dont fight me if you disagree but my hater opinion is that this cover is better than a lot of SP (it still has its moments thou)

sorry nope !

i dont know the date but it should be coming soon i believe ! i would bet on it coming this week

Thank youuuuu can't wait :heart: 

I hope this somehow becomes the start of the L4 era 

react_thanks.png

44 minutes ago, s1974181 said:

I tried to give a look, but nothing popped out! :bird:

1 hour ago, s1974181 said:

the production is very close to the original but its not the exact same,

does it sound like something j*ck would produce?

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.