• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• BrandNewBrandon

• spree

• rihannafan

Top Posters In This Topic

Respectfully Yeah is a bigger classic than anything by Taylor so not sure why that would be the case? And I’m a swiftie soooo please stop this mess and let usher be the legend he is 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 17

I don't think so. The ratings will probably decline a bit.

• Confused 1

The power of Taylor!

2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Respectfully Yeah is a bigger classic than anything by Taylor so not sure why that would be the case? And I’m a swiftie soooo please stop this mess and let usher be the legend he is 

:clap3:

Edited by crf13

3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Maybe so. But Usher's PR for the SB has been excellent and he has already been using Taylor's name to draw attention.

Usher says he will ‘serenade’ Taylor Swift if she comes to the Super Bowl

4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Sure, but random games throughout the season and post season have broken several viewership records just because she attended them. It's crazy to think she won't drive millions more to watch the Super Bowl than otherwise would (or have in the past), when she drives millions to watch random games anyway. 

• Like 3

Yeah unless Rihanna's team somehow finds more viewers so he doesn't. :celestial5:

• Haha 1

Ultimately, it’s always been about the teams playing, I don’t see the Ravens bringing record viewers

hm, yeah let’s take away all the credit from Usher and give it Taylor. hopefully swifties run with this narrative. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

Yeah unless Rihanna's team somehow finds more viewers so he doesn't. :celestial5:

3 months later. :laugh:

1 minute ago, Erotic said:

Ultimately, it’s always been about the teams playing, I don’t see the Ravens bringing record viewers

It’s Chiefs vs either the 49’ers or the Lions. Ravens lost.

BrandNewBrandon
7 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Sure, but random games throughout the season and post season have broken several viewership records just because she attended them. It's crazy to think she won't drive millions more to watch the Super Bowl than otherwise would (or have in the past), when she drives millions to watch random games anyway. 

Hon', those records you speak of didn't bring in 10 million extra viewers but mostly a big increase in one demo that didn't peak above 1 million and there are so many other factors when it comes to the Super Bowl Halftime Show that brings in viewers as well. Katy Perry, by your logic, is a much bigger star than Madonna or Michael Jackson because of the ratings of the Super Bowl Halftime Show to the game that she sang during. 

My goodness, the overrating of Taylor's power. 

Edited by BrandNewBrandon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Well the superbowl is a football game first and foremost, so if Taylor is going to be attracting a bunch of viewers like you think, it won't just be for the 15 minutes that Usher is performing :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Usher is forgotten.

• Thumbs Down 7

imo we should not give someone else credit for his success or his fame

4 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Usher is forgotten.

Yeah has over a billion streams. Def not forgotten. 

3 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Usher is forgotten.

He's charting on the Hot 100 this week just outside the top 40 with a song that's been charting since August and already reached #25. Forgotten artists don't chart for months like that let alone reach the top 40 .:rip: 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

Hon', those records you speak of didn't bring in 10 million extra viewers but mostly a big increase in one demo that didn't peak above 1 million and there are so many other factors when it comes to the Super Bowl Halftime Show that brings in viewers as well. Katy Perry, by your logic, is a much bigger star than Madonna or Michael Jackson because of the ratings of the Super Bowl Halftime Show to the game that she sang during. 

My goodness, the overrating of Taylor's power. 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/entertainment/nfl-most-watched-division-playoff-game/index.html

Here's a playoff game she attended where the average viewership across the entire game was over 50M and was the highest rated televised event since the previous Super Bowl. The average NFL playoff game this season hit 40 million, so yes, she actually brought in about 10 million viewers above the average (it's not as if the Chiefs or Bills are significantly more popular than say the Packers or 49ers). Unlike a Super Bowl, where audience might spike for the performance and then settle back down for the 3rd quarter before re-peaking at the tail of the 4th, games Taylor attends tend to have consistently high ratings because people want to see the shots of her in the audience spread throughout the game, and that will probably be reflected in the Super Bowl this year as well. We'll have to see how the ratings distribute over the course of the Super Bowl, but I'd take a guess that they'll be at a more consistent level than they were in prior years. 

Please stop projecting, I didn't say a word about Taylor's star power vis a vis any other artists (except maybe her ability to draw more of a crowd than Usher in 2024, which I don't think is a controversial thing to say), just that she will absolutely boost the ratings by millions by her mere attendance of the game. Sorry if that bothers you. 

• Like 8

I just wanna watch him do his pushups with his sweats on.....

10 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Usher is forgotten.

Okay, Space Cowboy.

Not when we count giphy views

• Haha 1

I don’t wanna attribute Usher’s success (which is contingent on the actual teams playing) in ratings to Taylor’s appearance at the Super Bowl. I do hope his ratings are record breaking -and- that she attends, however. I’d love a pic of the two of them somehow :lakitu:

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 1

Imagine she performs with him 

BrandNewBrandon
6 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/entertainment/nfl-most-watched-division-playoff-game/index.html

Here's a playoff game she attended where the average viewership across the entire game was over 50M and was the highest rated televised event since the previous Super Bowl. The average NFL playoff game this season hit 40 million, so yes, she actually brought in about 10 million viewers above the average (it's not as if the Chiefs or Bills are significantly more popular than say the Packers or 49ers). Unlike a Super Bowl, where audience might spike for the performance and then settle back down for the 3rd quarter before re-peaking at the tail of the 4th, games Taylor attends tend to have consistently high ratings because people want to see the shots of her in the audience spread throughout the game, and that will probably be reflected in the Super Bowl this year as well. We'll have to see how the ratings distribute over the course of the Super Bowl, but I'd take a guess that they'll be at a more consistent level than they were in prior years. 

Please stop projecting, I didn't say a word about Taylor's star power vis a vis any other artists (except maybe her ability to draw more of a crowd than Usher in 2024, which I don't think is a controversial thing to say), just that she will absolutely boost the ratings by millions by her mere attendance of the game. Sorry if that bothers you. 

Last year's brought in 45 million, this year's brought in 50 million and you are attributing this to Taylor Swift when even CNN isn't? :laugh: 

There is zero evidence that she brought in 10 million and even this one didn't. Sorry if THAT bothers you.