Why is "I Dont Wanna Live Forever" so overlooked?

alestevens

Cuz we want to be immortals! Who wants to be a decaying corpse eaten by worms!

9 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Fans keep it tucked away because it’s doing better than rep and lover + they don’t want her to get vocally dragged next to Zayn. She should’ve had Ariana sing it with him

:jonny6:

Lol it's his straining vocals that ruin the sing not her angelic voice. And it's not doing better than neither Lover or Rep, not in 2024.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm surprised by the comments in here, I had no idea her fans hated this song

Because no one cares about ZAYN and this collab is super random.

• Thanks 2

Probably because it’s a bit boring, it’s mostly a Zayn song with Taylor only being featured sparingly in it, and swifties are here for Taylor, not for a has been One Direction member who’s voice is really annoying. Sorry but it had to be said, IDWLF would have been so much better without Zayn, his singing voice is really jarring (it’s the same problem i have with Tate McRae - their voices are just really annoying - it’s like i listen to Kids bop music). Hopefully we get IDWLF TV solo version with Rep TV & we can forget this collab ever happened :cm:

Edited by TayDuaStan

13 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Fans keep it tucked away because it’s doing better than rep and lover + they don’t want her to get vocally dragged next to Zayn. She should’ve had Ariana sing it with him

:jonny6:

I mean, I know you guys are known for being stuck in 2004 but please, update your facts :rip: 

dirrtydiana

• Haha 3

This dirge... It sounds like ass, that's why.

It’s mid af 

It was Taylor swifts most streamed song for the last decade UNTIL AH and midnights dropped and then it started to lose steam.

It was also Taylor’s last MASSIVE hit in Europe until Anti-Hero and Cruel Summer came in 2023. So Europe kind of kept it afloat as one of her top streaming songs. But Taylor’s real discography grew in strength this past year while IDWLF stayed the same. 

I mean she even performed IDWLF on the eras tour and it didn’t give it much of a boost. 

• Like 1

It's a cute bop, mid at best not one of her best songs. I enjoy it though 

3 hours ago, Feanor said:

Too much success syndrome.

nicki.png

900k+ daily streams would be massive in normal circumstances, but for Taylor it's kind of just another song.

nicki.png

Basically this

nicki.png

This smash was so massive - virtually a #2 or #1 peak in almost every single country including throughout Europe 

Taylor's final "I just wanna keep calling your name" in a different key >>>

• Like 1

Because it's terrible, not good. Forgotten for a reason.

dan levy comedy GIF by CBC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.