What are some examples of inconsequential pop girl albums?

Josh

As the title says what are some examples of a inconsequential pop girl albums

Some examples:

Rihanna - Talk That Talk mostly people just use either We Found Love or Where Have You Been

If this album was erased from Rihannas career it would still be the same

Can we really call Talk That Talk inconsequential though? The era itself built towards the whole Birthday Cake/Turn up The Music thing and with the pace Rihanna was releasing at the time also probably inspired a title like 'Unapologetic' as well. People may not use all the songs but the album/era of TTT and her personal life still was fundamental to some extend to built towards her next album and it's era.

• Like 4

Beyoncé - Everything is love

• Like 4

tension by kylie minogue

i really enjoy this album but .... 

Edited by technoprayer
  • Like 2

Chromatica 

the only memorable thing is the song with Ariana run pop

Spoiler

'evermore'

:lakitu:

• Like 1

Chromatica would be unknown without the collabs imho 

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

58 minutes ago, Gelato said:

Red

Lover

MIDnights 

the slander

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Chromatica would be unknown without the collabs imho 

This is delusion.

• Thumbs Down 1

Midnights

Oops! I Did It Again

Tension

Rebel Heart

Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel

20 YO

• Thanks 1

Until the re-release I would've said Speak Now by Taylor. Obviously there's the fact that she self-wrote every song but I do feel like it was forgotten between huge ears like Fearless and Red.

Both Gaga and Tony Bennett albums

Smile

Frankly, 80% of Rihanna's albums. I don't know which albums her #1s came from. She could just release singles and her career would be the same.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Kiss Me Once, Rebel Heart, Rare, Demi's entire discography, most of Miley's discography...

Why can't we talk about the guys, because Shawn Mendes, NSYNC, and Charlie Puth define the answer to this question.

Pretty much every Jennifer Lopez album.

1 hour ago, glitch said:

Until the re-release I would've said Speak Now by Taylor. Obviously there's the fact that she self-wrote every song but I do feel like it was forgotten between huge ears like Fearless and Red.

Both Gaga and Tony Bennett albums

Speak now was still one of the biggest albums of 2010 and her first million debut.  She won 2 Grammys for it and won the CMA entertainer of the year.  Also the tour really solidified Taylor’s fanbase.  

Now I agree that compared to Fearless, red, and 1989, Speak Now was less consequential for her career, but it still was a very important album.  

I saw a comment on Slayyyter’s Troubler Paradise about how it sounded like what Britney would make if she was free so I have to say Glory considering it spawned no hit and didn’t impact public consciousness. 

24 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I saw a comment on Slayyyter’s Troubler Paradise about how it sounded like what Britney would make if she was free so I have to say Glory considering it spawned no hit and didn’t impact public consciousness. 

Glory is the most “Britney” album she did while under the cship. She felt passionate about it and called it her baby many times. It may not add much to her career commercially or be as memorable, but it did restore in big part her artistry and fan following.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Midnights

Oops! I Did It Again

Tension

Rebel Heart

Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel

20 YO

The absolute delusion! The only inconsequential Britney album is Britney Jean.

Anyway you can delete all these and the artist legacy is either strengthened, restored or preserved.

Positions

Anything Avril Lavigne since 2011

Britney Jean

Anything Xtina after 2010

HWGA and DWTD…

Manic

AKA

Piece By Piece (title track is the only good thing that came from that album and I’m a KC stan)

High Road

Blue Banisters (I’m also a Lana stan and this was unnecessary)

Anything Mariah after E=MC2 was unnecessary.

Dead Petz & Younger Now

Queen & Pink Friday 2

Hurts 2B Human & TRUSTFALL

Everything by Selena w The Scene + Rare

Midnights

BB/ANG3L

Sunshine Kitty

• Thumbs Down 1

Joanne, absolutely nothing important came out of it other than the MR gif with the big nose

6 hours ago, Gelato said:

Take it back :khalyan2:

• Haha 1

Lover :lakitu: a blemish on an otherwise flawless discography (yes, Debut is better and a solid record)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.