Coldplay put five songs on Global Spotify and four of them have their biggest day

gustavothehuman

The Scientist will probably join the rest if the numbers keep increasing :bird:

Edited by gustavothehuman

Their discography is so ******* good 

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Coldplay hype :rip: They have some great songs but as a whole their music sounds very vanilla and safe so I don't get why they escape the lashings that Taylor and Maroon 5 get

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Coldplay hype :rip: They have some great songs but as a whole their music sounds very vanilla and safe so I don't get why they escape the lashings that Taylor and Maroon 5 get

They have a diverse catalogue and are good live performers. You can actually say that about Taylor too, she only gets lashings because most Swifties are annoying.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Not everything is for you, no one and nothing is universally liked. Also why do you think Atrl of all places would care to critisize a male group ? 

Anyway the superior Sparks making the list, see what happens when you're actual legends? 

42 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

Not everything is for you, no one and nothing is universally liked. Also why do you think Atrl of all places would care to critisize a male group ? 

Anyway the superior Sparks making the list, see what happens when you're actual legends? 

Considering the lashings maroon5 gets (or got considering they are OVER.. and 1d too back then I think) for being basic/talentless, i think atrl is exactly the place to expect lashings for them

But i agree with what you said besides that 

what a catalog :clap3:been getting into their stuff this year

See when you have the tour of the century :clap3:

Yellow and Something Just Like This have no business being that high. Justice for Clocks and Fix You!

Wait I didn't realize they were smashing like this on streaming :jonny6: feel like nobody talks about how massive they are as a group? 

Haven't really cared for their last few albums but they're amazing live

never understood the hype

That’s what you can expect when you have a timeless discography :cm:

5 hours ago, Mordecai said:

I've been a fan since "Clocks" so I'm biased, but I think their music is rare in that it's right in the middle of the 'art' and 'pop' venn diagram. Like, their songs are just as catchy as Maroon 5 but they have an artsier bent that makes them more palatable to a rock fan or alternative fan. It's a very careful, underrated IMO balance that they have in their songwriting. No one else could've written a song like "Viva La Vida", which reads like a 19th century poem but has the melody of a 21st century hit.

Edited by MatiRod

12 hours ago, Mordecai said:

Their post 2010 output is mostly trash but their early albums have some truly beautiful music, both sonically and lyrically.

13 hours ago, Mordecai said:

+1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.