Palworld (Poke-clone) doesnt outsell Pokemon!

thatsmydemi

14 hours ago, Comedor said:

Time for POKEMON to wake up and get to work. An indie studio is coming for their throat and the fans are right behind them.

We have suffered enough. Years of content light games, features being removed, ugly graphics, tired ass gameplay, poor performance, bugs and glitches.

The people said ENOUGH.

PERIOD. ******* eggs on all the Obsessed Game Freak Defenders who made all kinds of excuses and said the Pokemon on Switch sales weren't underwhelming. If they released good games, those should have easily outsold Zelda and co. The GP is waking up the mediocrity.

• Like 1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bosque

• Katamari

• Chileno

• Starshine

What Gamefreak creates:

pokemon-scarlet-violet-open-world.jpg

Pokemon-Ugly.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&

Pok%C3%A9mon-Scarlet-Violet-Walkthrough-

What Namco created (New Pokemon Snap):

pokemon-snap-Switchfsdfsdc.jpg

gallery-08-l-1616630556334_160w.jpg?widt

new-pokemon-snap.large.jpg

Both are on the same console.

I played Snap and it's actually adorable. I wish Namco got full control over Pokemon. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Basically there is NO reason to defend GameFlop when Namco's Snap exists on the Switch. 

• Like 2

Congrats, GameFreak :bibliahh:This is what happens when you care about profits over quality 

• Like 2

Do  Queens Gardevoir and Serperior have any PalWorld clone yet?! 

Good. GameFreak needs some real competitions :clap3:No more TemTem or Digimon bullshit.

Edited by Nintendoes

Arceus was the most recent Pokemon game I've played and it's an abomination. Nastiest graphic game I've played in centuries. It should be gorgeous??? At the very least like Anima Crossing New Horizons.

7 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

What Gamefreak creates:

I played Snap and it's actually adorable. I wish Namco got full control over Pokemon. 

Now if the next Pokemon game looked like the second set of pictures, that would be a win. The graphics are **** in SV and we deserve excellence from a company that has become more complacent and has been around for more than 20 years.

• Like 1

I truly hope gamefreak is shaking in their boots :clap3: after multiple subpar releases it’s about time they were humbled. The way people are crying about the designs despite buying the last few half baked generations is a kii. 

3 minutes ago, BadHabits said:

Now if the next Pokemon game looked like the second set of pictures, that would be a win. The graphics are **** in SV and we deserve excellence from a company that has become more complacent and has been around for more than 20 years.

Not defending Gamefreak but the graphic limitations are also Nintendo’s fault for their underpowered hardware. It’s a very different case compared to PC. 

The Nintendo Switch 2 better deliver. :giraffe:

so glad i have a PC for this because WHY is this not on ps5 :jonny6:

10 hours ago, rp662 said:

Not defending Gamefreak but the graphic limitations are also Nintendo’s fault for their underpowered hardware. It’s a very different case compared to PC. 

The Nintendo Switch 2 better deliver. :giraffe:

The second set of pictures are from a Switch game, and there are plenty of other games that look and perform nowhere near as bad as Pokemon SV. 

Edited by Ponzi
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

Where is the sourcing that it outsold Pokemon?

Really highlights how incompetent game freak has become :rip:

Palworld or other competitors can do the big open world games, i might play it if it would come to Switch - hell, if it would do well on their console maybe GF would put in the work for a great open world Pokemon game. 

Spoiler

My biggest hope is them going back to the roots and create a great 2d game with pixel-art again nnn

• Like 2

Honestly deserved 

Pokémon has been giving cheap for years 

it may drain SOME sales from pokemon... but for the most part, this seems like a very different game imo for different audiences

i wanna play with cute creatures and explore towns, i dont wanna craft and beat these creatures up...

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:11 PM, Eternium said:

It’s not actually early access. The company ran out of money at $6.75M and that’s why they released the game. They’re funding future work.

Yokai Watch sold more and brought in significantly more revenue. 

Competition is not the same thing as stealing assets and art. I’m sure GameFreak wants to see them make more money because they’re about to get a massive check from Palworld.

Diva, you need to look a little into what intellectual property is :skull: They stole character designs and actual assets from Pokemon. That is beyond theft and incredibly unacceptable.

Over half of the creatures are plagiarized:

Anubis has the exact same body shape as Lucario. The wolf is an exact copy of Lycanroc with a different color palette. The dog has Lucario’s face and ears, which are re-used. And the hedgehog has Shaymin’s body. You would have a point if they didn’t steal art for over half of their creatures. 

The Pokemon white knights continue to lose. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/s/MdvoWtHjHW

10 hours ago, khalyan said:

Where is the sourcing that it outsold Pokemon?

It hasn’t. There was a Tweet that it was selling at a faster pace than Pokemon Legends Arceus. But it’s a $26.99 game and its sales numbers come only from the parent company with no indication on whether they’re shipped, sold through or an amalgamation of all players.

1 hour ago, CovalentBondage said:

The Pokemon white knights continue to lose. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/s/MdvoWtHjHW

So your argument is that they stole the models but they’re not exactly 1:1? Did you read the article you posted?

47 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It hasn’t. There was a Tweet that it was selling at a faster pace than Pokemon Legends Arceus. But it’s a $26.99 game and its sales numbers come only from the parent company with no indication on whether they’re shipped, sold through or an amalgamation of all players.

So your argument is that they stole the models but they’re not exactly 1:1? Did you read the article you posted?

Did you read the article? Where does it say they stole the models. 

You should re-read this part:

People are defending a big corporate company that’s created some of the ugliest Pokemon games we’ve seen to date, over a small team that just made a game that looks two generations ahead of it. Nintendo and Game Freak have been taking advantage of their Pokemon license. 

15 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

Did you read the article? Where does it say they stole the models. 

You should re-read this part:

Diva, I’ve been dragging Pokemon well before it became a trend and the girls jumped on. I’m even a big Yokai Watch stan and dragged Pokemon Go for its blatant plagiarism.

But now you’re defending a start up that stole assets and blatantly plagiarized other artists due to crunch and lack of funding. I don’t give a **** who they stole from - they’re thieves and they deserved to be sued. If the shoe was on the other foot and Pokemon stole someone’s art and assets, you would be losing it. 

Also, did you not read that the article pointed out that what he faked was the 1:1 dimension part? They still used the same designs and assets with minor changes.

On 1/25/2024 at 8:03 PM, Hey Dude said:

What Gamefreak creates:

This is so embarrassing for Gamefreak

Love monster collecting RPGs but the gameplay is not for me and only like a handful of mon designs...

the funniest thing about this whole situation is the the dedicated Pokemon haters absolutely creaming themselves over finally having something to latch onto after all these years and treating this like the most important counterculture movement of our lifetime :rip:

It's the way Gaymefreak stans are threatened for no reason and working over time(for free mind you) to take down an indie developer.... Don't worry you'll still have your yearly 20m mega corp cashgrabs to enjoy after this fad fades away in a few months. :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.