If Midnights wins Album of the Year, I won’t be upset.

KatyPrismSpirit

18 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Im not even white.. weirdo

And how do I only stan white people when I consistently show admiration towards various artists of all different backgrounds? You are literally making up bs.

And you still want the Grammy's to keep on snubbing people of color in favour of white artists? And you're not upset? You're a a big weirdo 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• hawx23

• Danes

• elincomprendid

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s not even close to being Taylor’s best work; she already won for that. Let her win Song of the Year or something and be done with it

• Like 2

It and ESV are my least favourite of the nominees. I will be backing Guts, SOS or Lana :heart2:

33 minutes ago, pika said:

….What is the point of this thread? You aren’t even asking a question and nobody cares what you think. :rip:

Jesus Christ can we please regulate this garbage forum, especially for boot licking users that want ‘in’ with whoever the it-girl is.

This was really triggering for you, huh.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TYMPS said:

Midnights is drastically worse than the last album she won for. It wouldn’t make sense 

Album of the Year is about last year who cares what she did before?

5 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

And you still want the Grammy's to keep on snubbing people of color in favour of white artists? And you're not upset? You're a a big weirdo 

They didn't say they want Taylor to win. :ace:

• Like 1

I will because I can make a case for all three Taylor albums winning AOTY but I can't make one for Midnights aside from commercial success

I would be the happiest person ever, but I'd prefer Lana to win this one.

MIDnights is trash and the Grammys love awarding AOTY to trash so this won’t be shocking.

Edited by airplane

37 minutes ago, pika said:

….What is the point of this thread? You aren’t even asking a question and nobody cares what you think. :rip:

Jesus Christ can we please regulate this garbage forum, especially for boot licking users that want ‘in’ with whoever the it-girl is.

Eat a snickers you aren't you when you're hungry

• Haha 1

The reason Midnights won't win AOTY is because of Taylor herself by winning it 3 times already, not the other albums or nominees, and that's the god damn truth of it. 

Midnights is such a good pop album and people still love it (see: the charts).

Personally, I'd love to see her take the SOTY win for Anti-Hero over AOTY.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lana deserves

It deserves the title Album of the Year but it's not the best album of the year.

Midnights is extremely phoned-in coming after her two strongest albums and awarding it AOTY would be a huge slap in the face to both Lana and SZA. Both Ocean Blvd and SOS are leagues above Midnights.

Pretentious people trying to act as if Midnights was a bad album but in the real world there is not a single way of proving it's a bad/mid album

Reviews are great -> Critics liked it
Longevity is great -> GP liked it
Long list of Awards/Nominations -> Awards committess liked it

But I guess that if RandomLoser123 on ATRL says otherwise I gotta believe them instead!

Anyways Midnights is a great album with insane achievements and in the biggest year for an artist in decades maybe even ever the only thing that could threaten Midnights chances is the fact that Taylor has already 3 other wins, in any other case she'd be the easy win. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, superben said:

I'll be upset. Midnights is really mid.

If Taylor wins another AOTY, let it be an album that deserves of the record. I know Taylor has it in her to make better albums in the future.

I agree. Super mid album. The only category that matters most in her career right now is Song Of The Year and the one after that is Tour, obviously.

17 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

No one even said this lol, this might come as a shocker to your short-minded bubble but some people in the real world might just prefer Mindights or other album instead of SZA's, Jon Batiste's or Janelle's and it has nothing to do with their race. And if you prefer that one or think are the most deserving one congrats to you but that doesn't make other nominees not deserving nor people with other opinions weirdos.

The only big weirdo in here is you trying to make people look racist for something as simple as prefering an album over another.

a lot of people won't give a F if it loses... Taylor has achieved so much with this era that a grammy win will literally just be another accomplishment that will be forgotten after a day lol.

give it to the less fortunate :gaycat2:

I don't really care about who wins but in my opinion Taylor doesn't really deserve it, I like Midnights but as someone else said she's won for a much superior album just a couple of years ago. It would mean much more for SZA to win for example. 

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I won’t be upset if Midnights wins AOTY at the Grammys because the album is record breaking, it is Taylor’s best album to date imo and on top of that, Taylor quite literally defined last year. Will it be deserved if she wins? 

Cause what artists currently work as hard as her and has made the impact she made in the industry? Midnights, if you win AOTY at the Grammys in two weeks, I will celebrate your victory. 

There is no way it’s her best album. Even Speak Now TV was a better release. 
Karma and Bejeweled were some of her worst singles. 

Edited by hawx23

i'd celebrate, her third best pop album

2 minutes ago, Lorenzo22 said:

i'd celebrate, her third best pop album

I’d say 4th. Lover is better. Even YNTCD > anything in the second half of MIDnights. 

Edited by hawx23

I wouldn’t be upset either about the best album of last year winning, although SZA and Lana are also deserving.

The Grammys are a small incestuous club that award popular and high-selling albums and have zero effect on the real world or any of the MPGs competing, so it’s really people’s own fault if they ascribe some sort of political meaning to them and fire up their Twitter think pieces 

9 minutes ago, hawx23 said:

I’d say 4th. Lover is better. Even YNTCD > anything in the second half of MIDnights. 

i disagree

1989 tv

puta

midnights

- great wall of china -

lover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.