Is P!nk’s flying really that special?

KatyPrismSpirit

came across this video and was reminded that P!nk has been flyin around stadiums every corner of the world for the last 16 or so years. It made her a significant touring act but is her flying really that good?

And should other pop girlies

maybe start contemplate putting the harness on?

lets discuss chile

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Hiphopper

• orange22

• Funhouse

Top Posters In This Topic

It was when she first started doing it, but I think we're all kinda over it now

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

It was incredible at first, but she’s done it so many times that it’s no longer new nor surprising. Still, it’s a fun element to a concert.

• Like 1

It's probably really cool in real life tbh, I would like to see it

• Like 7

YESS because she can do that while singing live with almost perfect vocals. Most girls can’t even stand still and sing in pitch after decade of vocal training/lessons :giraffe:. Taylor for example still sounds like nail on the chalkboard when she tries to belt live/TV RECORDINGS, let alone flying across the stadium while doing that. 

Edited by Kh-Loud
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yes it always will be. 

If she didn’t do this anymore we all would be saying “yeah she’s good at performing but I miss when she used to fly around the stage” 

• Like 11

Yes, it's an incredibly demanding task.

The fact that she KEEPS doing it makes it even more impressive to me. Her dedication to touring is truly something other girls can only dream of.

• Like 4

just because she can pull that off every night every show doesnt mean that's not special :deadbanana2:

• Like 7

At this point it's part of her legacy. She is known for doing this and people pay money to see her flying. I went to her concert a few years ago and was actually dissappointed she didn't do it. She's an amazing performer.

Edited by The Next Day
  • Like 4

We joke and say it's tired and through but it is really impressive she can do all of that and maintain that amount of vocal control. There are other, bigger artists who attempt to dance and sound out of breath but get praised for half of the showmanship P!nk gives in a show. 

Her scaling that building during that one awards show performance will always send me though :dies:

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

It was cute initially but now it’s tired. Girl do something else. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

it all started here me fears

• Thanks 1

Most other pop girls would literally fall and die trying to do what Pink does at every show

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

it all started here me fears

Nope, much earlier. I'm Not Dead Tour - 2006. :crown:

14 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Most other pop girls would literally fall and die trying to do what Pink does at every show

it went wrong one time with pink

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

No it’s overdone and boring at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Of course it is.

the girls running in here to say no when their faves can’t sing or dance (let alone do acrobatics) :deadbanana2:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

VERY.

The fact that she does that and sings live extremely well will never not be impressive.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, EtherealCat said:

yes, nobody else does it

bey said lemme put the harness on

• Thumbs Down 1

Of course it is, especially when some girls can't even sing on the ground let alone mid-air.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

When other artists can do it and sound good, then it won’t be special. Her doing that is so much fun when you’re at a concert. It keeps things exciting. It’s also strange her detractors act like this is all she does. Her shows also involve choreo, cool on-stage set designs, and intimate moments where she’s just belting away to an emotional song. The flying around is just one part of her concerts. 

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.