Noah Kahan gets massive streams in the UK: #1 and #3 on UK Spotify

Green

UK Spotify:

1. Noah Kahan - Stick Season  844,562  :deadbanana:  =

2. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Murder On The Dancefloor  650,702    =

3. Noah Kahan - Homesick (with Sam Fender) 620,978    NEW

The fact that Sophie is going to be blocked while doing over 650k streams daily :skull: (which it's already massive for the UK too) So unlucky

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Very generic, forgettable song. 

The GP will call dancepop generic and corny but then stan the same hollow folkpop or instrumental ballad cliches we’ve heard a million times already.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 5

Sam :clap3:

I‘m super excited for his next project.

• Like 1

ive never been so ashamed of this country

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

I don’t understand why that song is smashing so hard:deadvision: the melody and lyrics are not that good to me and his voice is annoying imo :deadbanana4:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I like Noah, but blocking Sophie should be a mortal sin x

Noah is the IT boy of 2024, I see. Hope he wins Best New Artist

• Like 2

i’m sorry i make folk music too, but i can’t stand this man’s voice. bananis and avocadis as f*ck, and just reminds me of my abusive ex boyfriend who sings the exact same way and is obsessed with this guy. I hope he’s a one hit wonder and fades into indie darling status or whatever. this is the one song I keep hearing on the radio that’s kind of triggering me at the moment :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I LOVE Noah, but I'm confused as to how this song is smashing this hard WW? It feels like a very "American" sound

We need to talk about the real smash of the album:

2 hours ago, Revolution said:

Very generic, forgettable song. 

The GP will call dancepop generic and corny but then stan the same hollow folkpop or instrumental ballad cliches we’ve heard a million times already.

This 

People want to feel like they are deep for listening to this folk pop are super funny

This is just one step higher than Ed Sheeran's debut. As basic as you can get

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

@mylicious what? did my opinion piss you off or something? I’m just expressing that this song is not it and I have both a valid ass reason based on experience/trauma and another valid ass reason as someone who likes originality in vocals lol

• Like 2

I like the song but I don't understand these numbers. it doesn't sound massive

• Like 1

That SS song is horrendous, mostly due to the voice of that guy. The folk Dance Monkey, I fear.

Edited by UnusualBoy
  • Like 3

Bernie Sanders supporters just keep winning  :clap3:

It's so exciting seeing such a brilliant talented writer blow up.  I can't wait to see what Noah does next.  Stick Season is such a phenomenal album, and for anyone who thinks that SS (the song) isn't "deep", I would encourage you to listen to songs like Call Your Mom, The View Between Villages, Orange Juice, and especially No Complaints.  Lyrically, there isn't a pop girl touching him (aside from Ms. Swift of course).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.