Justin Timberlake - 'Everything I Thought It Was'

KatyPrismSpirit

So much better than Man Of The Woods...

F**kin Up The Disco, Flame:heart2::worship:, Imagination, Infinity Sex, Love & War, My Favorite Drug, Paradise, Play, No Angels:WAP:

• Like 1

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Facelessboy

• Johnny Cash

• Starkboy

• KatyPrismSpirit

11 hours ago, AlfonsoVM said:

So much better than Man Of The Woods...

F**kin Up The Disco, Flame:heart2::worship:, Imagination, Infinity Sex, Love & War, My Favorite Drug, Paradise, Play, No Angels:WAP:

So much better than Man's in the woods & Part two! 

Such a shame ppl aren't checking it out because of lies.

• Like 1

Technicolor second part is so GOOD!

Edited by ANG3L

🚨#SCANDAL | WORST ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

With a total of 17 mixed/negative reviews and a rating of just 51 points, "Everything I Thought I Was" becomes the WORST album of 2024

Prestigious site Pitchfork described the album as "a spiral in decay of its own destiny, resulting in a mere repetition of past glories with no cohesion regarding signature sounds with the intention of correcting its public course before embarking on an extensive musical tour.” Timberlake has lived a fascinating and unusual life, but it only offers musical crumbs that are approved by its marketing team."

• On the commercial side, unfortunately this album runs with the same luck, as it is expected to debut at #4 on the Billboard 200 with sales close to 65 thousand units, thus marking the worst debut in the singer's career in the country.

Globally "Everything I Thought I Was" only managed to enter the top 10 in the official UK and Germany charts, appearing outside the top 15 in countries such as Australia, Italy, Japan and New Zealand

These reviews are ridiculous. The album is way better than that.

I don't care about the reviews...I really thought I wouldn't like this as much as I do...it's a great project, a grower....

• Thanks 2

Yeah the album is far from great but a 51 score is ridiculous  :rip: At least a 60 would be more fair

Critics are really biased, especially when you are not cool anymore :skull: 

• Like 1

It's a good album, but as everyone else has pointed out, it's too long. 

My current favorites are: F***in up the disco, Tecnicolor, Infinity Sex, Love & War, and Imagination.  

It's a shame that he's in an era where he could release the best song ever made and it still wouldn't do well. Hopefully this corny JT hate train will end soon.

Kinda don't understand the panning.. it's a good-ish album.

I mean, I could live without tracks 13-18 but I get that he puts out every 5-6 years, so he feeds. 

Other than that, F*****ing up the disco, Favourite Drug, Imagination, No Angels, Flame, Technicolour are all brilliant!

I play this album 3 times a day I'm obsessed :clap3:Drowning is the new cry me a river :clap3:

finally gave the album a listen and the critics are doing to much nnnn

• Like 1

How would yall have fixed this rollout? 
Selfish sounded like it would have been a major radio hit. Sanctified was promoted on TV with SNL and some football commercial. He even did The Kelly Clarkson show and a British's Talk Show to promote the album.:deadbanana4: And it still tanking. Guess the hate train really is stronger than the music. But anyways 

Drown Should have been a proper single with a Full High Budget Music Video. Selfish as the 2nd Single. And then push Liar, F Up The Disco, Infinity Sex or No Angels on Tiktok. 

then in the summer drop the My Favorite Drug as the Summer Anthem Bop:jonny2:

Then in the fall have The Nsync paradise be the last single. I know traditional rollouts don't work in the streaming age normally but it worked for Dua and this lowkey is a Future Nostalgia type Lp

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

I'm surprised most of you like the album. I find most of it incredibly boring if I'm being honest. The melodies are lazy and weak. Not his best at all.

• Confused 1

Curious to check this out, is it worth a listen?

I don't really trust music critics when it comes to pop. Is the album actually bad, or are the scores low cause his reputation is bad?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UrMom said:

Curious to check this out, is it worth a listen?

I don't really trust music critics when it comes to pop. Is the album actually bad, or are the scores low cause his reputation is bad?

It's a good Justin Timberlake album. Definitely better than his last project. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

How would yall have fixed this rollout? 
Selfish sounded like it would have been a major radio hit. Sanctified was promoted on TV with SNL and some football commercial. He even did The Kelly Clarkson show and a British's Talk Show to promote the album.:deadbanana4: And it still tanking. Guess the hate train really is stronger than the music. But anyways 

Drown Should have been a proper single with a Full High Budget Music Video. Selfish as the 2nd Single. And then push Liar, F Up The Disco, Infinity Sex or No Angels on Tiktok. 

then in the summer drop the My Favorite Drug as the Summer Anthem Bop:jonny2:

Then in the fall have The Nsync paradise be the last single. I know traditional rollouts don't work in the streaming age normally but it worked for Dua and this lowkey is a Future Nostalgia type Lp

I love Selfish but I think he should've dropped one of the uptempo songs first with a higher budget MV like No Angels, maybe with a big name on a remix

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CaliClass24 said:

I love Selfish but I think he should've dropped one of the uptempo songs first with a higher budget MV like No Angels, maybe with a big name on a remix

Selfish was too bland and faceless to be the first single.

No Angels is a good single but that music video dosen't sell the song. It needs some big choreography.

Love & War should be a single, what a perfect RnB-pop jam.

the reviews are doing too much, it's not perfect but definitely a good album

i also don't get why people are pressed about a justin timberlake album sounding like...... a justin timberlake album

like we're always complaining popstars start pandering to the gp with the latest charting sounds and he's kind of stayed consistent with his style from what i can remember

i personally would've cut some songs from the album and released no angels as the first single (with a better video), followed by flame and then drown

• Like 3

Do you guys think they were afraid of being cancelled if they didn't ''support'' Britney?

22 minutes ago, TryMe said:

Do you guys think they were afraid of being cancelled if they didn't ''support'' Britney?

I think everyone loves the album including and especially her lol

Edited by Tudors

I played F**kin Up The Disco yesterday and my partner asked if it's new Rupaul song. 

He chose the wrong singles honesty. Why selfish was chosen will always be a mystery to me & the music videos this era have been lackluster for someone like Justin who normally always delivers.

I'm scared that outside the tour the era is over. I was hoping we can get one or two more music videos but i highly doubt it at this point ugh. 

• Like 2

Anyone else see the album ad in theaters? I went to watch Late Night With the Devil last night and they played it before the trailers. Lots of little giggles in the theater during.

I haven't listened to the album but it seems like it's more of the same from him. Kind of embarrassing for a 40 something year old man still making the same music he made 20 years ago and wearing a pearl necklace. Also the video clip they showed in the ad definitely won't help those infidelity allegations. He should be embarrassed tbh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.