Tinashe's Tiny Desk concert

Nashe

the only questionable choice on the setlist is "2 On" and I honestly understand why she'd put that in there, as well. 10 year anniversary and NPR has a national audience. at the end of the set people might forget who she was but they'll go search for "2 On lady tour" and snatch tickets :WAP:

in seriousness, would have loved Gravity instead of Treason, but I don't mind.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nuclear

• Nashe

• crf13

• Kiss It Better

the WORST set list omg :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

in a perfect world:

Ecstasy

Gravity

Wanderer

Bet/Cold Sweat/Bated Breath/Did You Notice medley :bird:

Edited by Cult Leader 𐕣𐕣
  • Like 2

some of the songs sound so flat + i'm not a fan of her latest EP at all

I wish the set list included mixtape songs

• Like 1

Treason was the worst choice off BB/ANGEL lol, her need to be different is shooting herself in the foot.

If she was so keen on doing an Aquarius moment, why not go for the obvious choice to really allow your vocals to shine the way we, as your stans, know they do: Bated Breath

• Like 1

Damn, I keep rooting for her but she wont root for herself.

She sounds fine, she really needed to perform better songs...

• Like 1

I disagree, I believe the acoustic settings brings a nice spin to some of these songs such as Treason, Unconditional and Touch & Go.
The only song that didn't sound great was 2 On but it's expected for her to perform this since it is what she is most known for, unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The only songs from her I know are 2 on and superlovwr and her collabs with snakehips and Chainsmokwrs

I only watched for 2 on but stayed for the others :heart:

On 1/22/2024 at 4:24 AM, Cult Leader 𐕣𐕣 said:

AND THIS BETTER GO VIRAL SO EVERYONE CAN FINALLY STOP SLEEPING ON HER :jonny:

In the wrong way :redface:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stochastic said:

It’s Tinashe. Things going the wrong way should be expected by now. 

• Confused 1

im so happy she did this, the way I was so GAGGED when she started singing unconditional :jonny6: I will support this girl forever.

oh Lord, not a tweet going viral about her vocal skills, but the wrong kind :rip: wtf, she's a damn vocalist

who the hell was on the vocal mix lowering the mic and drowning out her vocals with the instrumentation ??

she did great but slightly disappointed by the setlist, i did expect treason but not as the only song off bb/ang3l and touch n go was perfect but the other two..... nah

i see she's trying to do one song per album, so if it was up to me i'd do: (in order)

• touch & go
  • cold sweat or how many times
  • last call (i don't see any other 333 song fitting for this, maybe something like a heartbreak?)
  • talk to me nice or gravity

12 hours ago, nuclear said:

I don’t understand what be going on her brain sometimes. She always has to do things that make no sense or just too different.

this reminds me of when she went to a psyhic or something in 2014 and they told her that How Many Times would smash as next single then she went with Pretend and the rest is history :bibliahh:

:clack:

5 hours ago, stochastic said:

this is so upsetting... girlie is an amazing vocalist and them singling out this clip of a turn up song just ignoring every other thing she's done in the past decade is ughhhh  :deadbanana4:

the Unconditional arrangement was the best part of the set, a shame she let Snooze & Go take up a slot over literally anything else 

It’s so nasty to see ppl react this way, it’s unwarranted.

the negative discourse surrounding tinashe sometimes will always annoy tf out of me, like what is it about her as an artist and as a person that invokes such harsh criticism from people 

• Thanks 1

I have not watched the full performance, but I am let down by the negative comments on here.

On 2/10/2024 at 10:04 AM, kishi said:

I have not watched the full performance, but I am let down by the negative comments on here.

You should watch it and form your own opinion 

I have to be completely honest, I did felt a little underwhelmed, the band absolutely ATE but they also kind of ate Tinashe up, maybe her mic was too low or something but I feel she got a little drowned out by the band (maybe some back up vocals would have helped her a lot), she still ate per usual of course, but I guess I was expecting this kind of slay, anyways still a good set and that semi viral tweet was so unwarranted she can't never win  :chick3:

Edited by TheBoss

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.