UK Charts: Ariana's "yes... and?" is #2

Maroonx

Just now, Taylena said:

I think people are just not impressed at the streaming numbers and these debuts are okay because she had more versions than a BTS' song.  Anti-Hero is a smash hit with longevity, let's see how this song performs after this week, especially without 15 new versions helping it. 

Oh that copium you're inhaling is quite great. Might need some of it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroonx

• State of Grace.

• Joyride

• Kasix

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

Oh that copium you're inhaling is quite great. Might need some of it.

yes, because now we can't discuss chart performances anymore without someone getting offended. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Netherlands
#2 yes, and?

#10 Anti-Hero (peaked at #9 the following week)

Italy
#19 yes, and? (massive album bomb above it)

#26 Anti-Hero

Germany
#8 yes, and?

#8 Anti-Hero (peaked at #7 later)

Finland
#20 yes, and?

#10 Anti-Hero

Ireland
#2 yes, and?

#1 Anti-Hero

Norway
#4 yes, and?

#3 Anti-Hero

Sweden

#6 yes, and?

#5 Anti-Hero

Australia

#2 yes, and?

#1 Anti-Hero

...........so its debuts were on par with Anti-Hero's so far, as I said. I stan both and I know what I'm saying. It's obviously not gonna be as huge as AH, not even close, but this is not the disastrous bomb that some of you have been waiting for.  It's time to move on from 2019. Lover is stomping TUN now and Taylor has scored several global hits and you're still that butthurt? oof :rip: 

Nobody said it is a bomb…at least nobody serious. 

it’s just that the struggle for #1 on billboard was unfortunate to watch, regardless how anyone would try to square it.

as for other swifties who are seemingly being vicious here, it’s because other Arianators were talking lots of crap whenever Taylor dropped remixes. So now that we’re seeing Ariana  doing it too, of course they feel obliged to return the favor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 71k is very smashful and she'd havd done like 65-67k without the versions which is still smashful. She got extremely unlucky. 

Fantasize would have sold those extra 700 copies by the way

• Like 1

Damn Stick Season is humongous here. Deserved tho. Noah is great.

Ariana gurl... :rip: 

Not yall trying to shade her for debuting at #2, as if that’s not still great and 71k units at that which is huge :giraffe:

Congrats Ari on the top 3 :clap3:

Also I’m glad Jacks Shittin’ On Me didn’t block it in the UK hihi :biggrin:

• Like 2

littlebodybigheart

damn will she even get one #1 in any country? :rip:

They shipped it, but it got shipped back 

Massive numbers, great debut for Ariana :clap3:

3 hours ago, Kasix said:

Nobody said

Then: "The debuts were relatively the same"

You: "Don't be delusional!"

Them: *provides evidence*

You: "Nobody said it bombed.."

Sis, whose dupe is this? I need y'all to know it's super obvious when a brand new user is miraculously kiki and cackling in the Taylor base and referencing past discussions. :redface:

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Then: "The debuts were relatively the same"

You: "Don't be delusional!"

Them: *provides evidence*

You: "Nobody said it bombed.."

Sis, whose dupe is this? I need y'all to know it's super obvious when a brand new user is miraculously kiki and cackling in the Taylor base and referencing past discussions. :redface:

This is the issue..

you equated slightly worse to bombing when they’re not remotely close. 

The scale goes something like: 

excellent

Good

Just average 

underwhelming 

bombed

All I did was telling that previous user who was saying that “yes and” isn’t exactly at the excellent level, (which that user agreed). that’s far and away from calling it bombed. 

im no Ariana hater, just here to fix some of the crazy things some of the crazy users said. 

Edited by Kasix
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kasix said:

This is the issue..

you equated slightly worse to bombing

Again, no one at all said you said Ariana bombed. Your suggestion she did "slightly worse" than Taylor is being disputed, when their songs - in terms of debuts - performed largely equally and on par with one another. Now of course you can make the claim Anti-Hero's performance was more impressive since it dropped with an entire album's worth of songs, but that's not what you tried incorrectly 'correcting'. 

36 minutes ago, Communion said:

Again, no one at all said you said Ariana bombed. Your suggestion she did "slightly worse" than Taylor is being disputed, when their songs - in terms of debuts - performed largely equally and on par with one another. Now of course you can make the claim Anti-Hero's performance was more impressive since it dropped with an entire album's worth of songs, but that's not what you tried incorrectly 'correcting'. 

The fact that “anti hero”  went #1 in those countries I listed which “yes and” couldn’t is exactly what separated the performance of between those two though. And the first user I replied to agreed also. 

What I’m basically saying is “if you look at these 15 countries, not just the first 8 you listed,  then AH didn’t only performed about the same, it performed better.” 

and again, this is only Europe charts, which is Ariana 2nd strongest market. Asian charts haven’t come out yet and they’re Taylor 2nd strongest market.

Edited by Kasix
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kasix said:

and we know Ariana doesn’t do as well in Asia as Taylor does. 

*quickly scrambles looking for notes*

South Korea:

#124 - Yes, And?

#174 - Anti-Hero

There still being one country in all of Asia where Ariana is winning the war. Ariana unnie fighting!!!!!! :jonny6: :fan:

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, Communion said:

*quickly scrambles looking for notes*

South Korea:

#124 - Yes, And?

#174 - Anti-Hero

There still being one country in all of Asia where Ariana is winning the war. Ariana unnie fighting!!!!!! :jonny6: :fan:

I see you ignored the first 90% of my comment because you had no answers to it, and knows I’m right all along. 

And you’re pretending to be indifferent about commercial performances but spent the last 3 comments doing commercial performance talks.

Please stop imagining yourself as this honest and fair minded individual when you’re gonna act like that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kasix said:

I see you ignored the first 90% of my comment because you had no answers to it, and knows I’m right all along. 

And you’re pretending to be indifferent about commercial performances but spent the last 3 comments doing commercial performance talks.

Please stop imagining yourself as this honest and fair minded individual when you’re gonna act like that.

Me: *sees you responded politely and thus may not be trolling, so I respond with a playful joke about Asia charts since there's no need for us to argue*

You: *respond with this insane *****

??

Let me repeat myself:

4 hours ago, Communion said:

Sis, whose dupe is this?. :redface:

Not her getting blocked by a future one hit wonder :dies: 

In 5 years, he'll be long gone and forgotten while she'll still be here collecting hits, even though most of them won't go #1 :skull:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Waittt if this goes number one in America it rly will be her BMS unless it freefalls in the UK bc BMS didn't and kept getting blocked :eek: 

Edited by Doogle

I'll never ever get the appeal of Stick Season.

• Like 1

The reality is, sometimes talent wins :clap3: 

Can't wait for Noah to blow up in America too :duca: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.