What causes Cubans to go down this path?

SmittenCake

When you live first hand what the left's ideas can become in their purest form, you tend to root for the other side regardless of their history.

Edited by Glam
  • Thumbs Down 1

Look i get it we r trash (not all of us)

let's see 

Democrats convinced dem there would be help during da bay of pigs

da democrats enacted wet foot dry foot policy 

democrats took away Elian Gonzalez

even when da Democrats did help (Mariel boatlift) it was seen as sumthin negative for da Cubans

i thought dat maybe when my mom and abuela's generation died off there would be a change but my generation (x) is even worse 

we are instilled as children to believe dat Democrats r bad, republicans r good (hence why i was one for da longest, yes i kno i'm stupid lol)

Conservatives have the monopoly on the political narrative in the media so just like many other people, most people from Cuba are taught to be conservative from a young age and vote against their own class interests. It's not something exclusive to Cubans even, although Cuba's historical record with the US has of course a heavy influence on that. 

American nationalism/patriotism is one hell of a drug; the closer you get to it, the harder it becomes to fight against it. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.