Kelly Osborne gives RS interview on "If you kick every Latino out of this country..."

MissedTheTrain

• ATRL Moderator

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cameltoe Chariot

• Daddy

• lonnie

• Gov Hooka

Top Posters In This Topic

She's not good at anything. Maybe she can be a good daughter and lay off her mother and smelly metal father from the Ozempic. 

• Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 3

"in the sense that..."

"no.."

still kills me :dies:

• Haha 12

The way she was 100% sure she ATE... then you see the light in her eyes disappear :dies:

• Haha 10

She knew exactly what she was saying, things like that don't just come out of nowhere. It's in her subconscious that all Latinos in America are 'the help.'

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

6 minutes ago, nostalgic said:

She knew exactly what she was saying, things like that don't just come out of nowhere. It's in her subconscious that all Latinos in America are 'the help.'

This. It's really bizarre seeing people defend her in this thread. 

• Like 2

Cameltoe Chariot
7 minutes ago, StarsAllAligned said:

It’s always been obvious what she meant, anyone who genuinely didn’t comprehend what she was trying to say and dragged her for it is a complete moron. 

In a perfect world she would've been calmly corrected by her co-hosts and she would've been able to clarify her statement. But people looooove to cancel a accidental racist more than actually dismantling racism lol

Years later here we are STILL dragging Kelly meanwhile the racist psychopath she was attempting to call out might be reelected as president this fall :redface:

• Like 3

Imagine thinking Latinos can only aspire to clean toilets :rip:

You must be really dumb to say something like that and even try to defend it afterwards 

I hate her Papa don’t preach cover 

How can I put it nicely.. I don’t like anything about them all 🫣

• Like 1

People in here trying hard to misunderstand her when her intention was very clear and holds truth. 
The problem here was the delivery 

• Like 1

She should've said "Since you believe latinos can only do a certain set of jobs, which is absolutely wrong. If you kick all of them out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet Donald Trump?" 

• ATRL Moderator
32 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I think we can all agree that her heart was in the right place, and the core of what she was trying to convey was great.

But the delivery and the words she chose were... not :deadbanana4:

Poor Kelly, she got more lashings for trying to defend people than the actual racist she was trying to drag :gaycat6:

Yes, as a (half) latino myself, I'm not really offended and I always took it to her statement to be 'speaking Trump's language' to refute it. From Trump's rhetoric, he tends to paint this racist image of immigrants only "doing this kind of work or being useful for this kind of work", so her argument was kind of trying turning his own logic in on itself by saying his logic of "kicking them out" doesn't make sense for his aims. Not that she actually believes that latinos serve only to do this work, but in the moment her intentions were kind of lost in translation and poorly worded so to speak. 

The video is just hilarious altogether how it came together. The delivery and the wording and the reactions from the rest of the panel were just priceless and iconic. Cringe, awkward, but not necessarily something to cancel her over. I prefer to focus on getting at the real bad guys instead of speculating / reaching from a poorly worded statement as to what's residing in someone's psyche. She could be racist, she could not be, but this isn't necessarily the indicator. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I always find it crazy how people GENUINELY misinterpreted what she meant and still are in this thread.

shes not saying that it’s all latinos can do and aspire to do, but people like trump hire undocumented immigrants to do these jobs so they don’t have to pay them properly and take advantage of them. it’s not even “defending” it’s just using common sense and realizing that despite her delivery being off and could’ve been worded better, she had a point.

• Like 9

This faux pas will be her legacy (better than Fashion Police, tbh).

• Haha 1

Have you heard of “anti-racism” before? It’s this idea that we’ve reached a point in society where not being racist is no longer enough. 
I agree with you. I was so ignorant and so misinformed. I thought simply not being racist was enough. It’s not enough. You have to actively stand up against it.  You know how they have signs now in stores if it’s a Black-owned business? My natural reaction is to go to the Black-owned business. When I am employing people, it’s about giving as much back as you have received.

Bless her heart

spacer.png

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

spacer.png

:rip: not applicable here

• Haha 1

Pendeja 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

:rip: not applicable here

Couldn’t be any more applicable. She accidentally revealed what she thought about Latinos in a way to appear more sanctimonious than Donald Trump/R’s. This is an example of liberal racism no matter how many hoops y’all in this thread want to jump through saying “but she didn’t it mean it like THAT…” 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.