Are you afraid to eat soy foods?

Armani?

It's been a very popular urban myth for years, that if you eat soy you'll get man boobs or raise your estrogen levels etc despite this ironically being true for dairy foods. Do you still believe in this currently?

• Thanks 1

as much liquor as i drink, id probably eat an rhinoceros testicle. i ain’t afraid of no food and what it does to me hahahahaha 

• Like 1

I’m highly allergic to soy; soy milk will make my whole ****ing head swell. Soy by-product or soy lecithin (which is in everything) I’m fine with.

But to answer your question yes dd I am afraid to eat soy

I've eaten dairy and soy and everything else for years and I'm tiny and skinny

probs wont be when my metabolism slows tho

I’m a vegetarian that eats soy products in almost every meal for 6 years now and I’m just muscled and fit, no man boobs or lack of testorene, just like thousands of other soy eating people, I’m surrounded by them and have yet to see those claims happening.. There’s several bobybuilders with plant based diets that eat soy all the time, textured soy literally has double the protein of chicken :rip: etc  

That’s a myth that never was proven to be true and enough years have passed for people to still fear this.

Edited by Last Boy on Earth

No. I’ve eaten soy before and it just isn’t as filling as other foods. Soy milk is okay but I prefer almond. If I’m doing a meat free day or week I’ll do some soy products but there are simply others I prefer more. 

no i eat tofu & tempeh like every other day

I'm able to read, so no

• Like 2

no? Japan eats tons of soy and they seem fine

I prefer fish but tofu is great every now and then

I have a plant based diet since more than 10 years with tones of soy based food and I am more than fine.

Oh so that’s where the soyboy insult came from :deadbanana:

• Haha 1

No I'm not a meat headed insecure straight man

• Like 1

I eat soy products a few times a week and I am okay so far. 

The one thing I am afraid of is trying certain soy products that end up tasting nasty and gross because sometimes the flavor is not there. 

Edited by discosean

too much of ANYTHING is not good for you... I recommend 2-3 times a week, and remember to exercise for about 150 minutes a week... exercise encourages the creation of testosterone

5 minutes ago, BloodLuster said:

no because they taste like shite.

soy doesn't really have a 'taste' unless you use the dried flaxes and stuff like that which I have to agree, have an awful taste

Please, people in East Asia have been eating soy for millenia and I don't think they've all become effeminate

Soy milk is ok. Other products honestly look nasty like tofu.

I'm sorry but when I eat meat alternatives from soys I always notice my libido dropped 

Monks in Asian actually eats soy to lower their sexual desires 

So idk i would still not eat it very often 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.