HDD: #1 21 Savage 130k, #2 Kali Uchis 67k

B-Luke

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_440383175.gif

21 SAVAGE, UCHIS LEAD A FRESH TOP 50

Slaughter Gang/Epic's 21 Savage scores his fourth consecutive #1 debut on the HITS Top 50 with american dream. Savage's third album opens with 130k following chart-topping collaboration projects with Metro Boomin (Savage Mode II) and Drake (Her Loss).

After a lackluster year for hip-hop in 2023, Savage puts rap on the board early in 2024, scoring its first #1 bow.

Geffen's Kali Uchis arrives at #2 with ORQUÍDEAS, which opens with 67k. The mostly Spanish-language project is Uchis' biggest debut yet.

Aside from SZA's SOS (TDE/RCA) at #9, House Lipman rounds out the rest of the Top 10 with seven albums. Big Loud/Mercury/Republic's Morgan Wallen is the bellwether of the Republic block at #3, leading sets by Drake, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Noah Kahan and ... wait for it ... more Swift. Republic also lands a top bow courtesy of Kid Cudi, who opens at #13 with INSANO.

Streeting this week are new titles from Reprise's Green Day and BMG's Lil Dicky and a deluxe version of Dolly Parton's ROCKSTAR (which, from our POV, was pretty dang deluxe in the first place). See the full chart here.

We're now a mere seven days from Grammy week. If you take a photo with a HITS nerd at a party, you may be rewarded with seven years of bad puns. Oh, wait, that'll happen regardless. Nevermind.

x

Edited by B-Luke
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Ger

• Lightbringer007

• Maroonx

Mess, I didn't even know Kali dropped:rip:

Kali is so strong in the US. She always gets these high Spotify debuts and selling big units even though her label barely promotes her and she hasn't released a thing to US radio since Telepatía. 

Hope Igual Que Un Angel becomes a cute hit too

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm so happy for Kali :clap3:

22 minutes ago, Armani? said:

the album is amazing

• Like 1

imagine if she dropped a week earlier and went number one

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Oh, it is all around my Twitter, they're all talking about how they want to have sex while playing the album.

OT: Absolutely great numbers for both artists!

25 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

imagine if she dropped a week earlier and went number one

I know!!! I think she'd probably be #1 tbh

Midnights better stay top 10

• Like 1

Orquídeas outselling Red Moon :ryan2:

Amazing numbers for Kali :clap3:

I thought 21's sales would be higher but definitely not bad either 

Kali doing this with a spanish album wow a BIG star

1 hour ago, Truth Teller said:

Kali is so strong in the US. She always gets these high Spotify debuts and selling big units even though her label barely promotes her and she hasn't released a thing to US radio since Telepatía. 

Hope Igual Que Un Angel becomes a cute hit too

truly the american lana del rey

Edited by liquiddiamonds

oh kali the queen that u are!

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

you should listen to the album, its SO GOOD

Good numbers for Kali :clap3:

I was not expecting Kali to smash this much with a mostly Spanish album :WAP:  QUEEEEEEEN

Kali's numbers are always so solid, she's done an amazing job building up a loyal fanbase :beatfreak:

no support and still getting those numbers imagina no decir MADRE 

Slaughter Gang/Epic's 21 Savage will have 2024's first #1 debut with American Dream. The long-awaited third full-length from Savage landed all 15 tracks in Apple Music's Top 20 in its opening day.

Kali Uchis' Oriquedeas (Geffen) appears in line for a Top 5 bow, while INSANO, a new album from Republic's Kid Cudi should crack the Top 10.

"Insano" is also how we describe the L.A. weather when we have to run outside to grab our lunch delivery.

21 Savage (Slaughter Gang/Epic) 130-150k
Kali Uchis (Geffen) 58-63k
Kid Cudi (Republic) 40-45k

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=339158&title=NEW-RELEASES%3A-A-DREAM-DEBUT-FOR-21-SAVAGE

Edited by Squall

• ATRL Moderator

Idk any 21 Savage songs, but appreciate him/her/them for blocking M*rgan :clap3:

HEAVYONIT

I’m honestly surprised 21’s numbers aren’t higher…Nicki’s numbers were so impressive :WAP:

5 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Idk any 21 Savage songs, but appreciate him/her/them for blocking M*rgan :clap3:

A lot? 

Bank Account?

Rich Flex?

3 minutes ago, HEAVYONIT said:

I’m honestly surprised 21’s numbers aren’t higher…Nicki’s numbers were so impressive :WAP:

Her debut was good indeed, but 21S doesn't have a fanbase that buys physicals like hers. Nicki sold +90k pure. He's doing more SEA than her.

• Like 1

it’s crazy how kali is pulling these numbers with a latin album, wouldn’t it outdo RMIV?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.