Is Ariana the new Princess of Pop?

A Million Lights

Well Lizzo made it clear there is a difference between the Princess of Pop Britney and the Pop Princess which represents a moment (Rihanna).

Ariana could be a current pop princess but not the princess of Pop.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Is this an attempt at getting a hit thread lol

Well, it's 2 hours in and my first post made it reach page 2...I'm not sure they reached that hit thread they were looking for but at least they tried.

insta.gif

• Haha 1

BUT I thought The NEW princess of pop was Tate Mcrae according to ATRL. Its time for yll to select the one :giraffe:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Oxygen said:

If we are talking about this century, then Taylor is queen while Ari is princess. 

If we're talking this century, it's Taylor and Rihanna

Due to the generation she debuted, she's too far down the line in the pop royalty succession :sorry: 

• Like 1

she's always been

Britney last just a little over a decade before she actually truly flopped, Ari is right at that same point in her career rn so if her next era is a genuine smash you may be right. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Oxygen said:

If we are talking about this century, then Taylor is queen while Ari is princess. 

Oh that’s not 

Young Ariana run pop

Erm Ariana has a cute career but it’s been nothing groundbreaking

anyways lmao

2 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

BUT I thought The NEW princess of pop was Tate Mcrae according to ATRL. Its time for yll to select the one :giraffe:

no one said that, stop making up ****. she has 2 albums, i adore her but who would consider her as pop princess? she’s a new main pop girlie

A princess would not debut her sixth album with less than 200,000 copies

14 hours ago, Lemon said:

I mean, I am not going to be involved in this thread directly, but… 

No only pure sales now? 
Using source you like to undermine when it is about other artists? 
Nice. :priceless:

I started the conversations of SEAs/TEAs on ATRL. The only time it’s fair to exclude certain units of measurement is when artists have been caught faking numbers. 

And where am I undermining Ariana? I’m a huge fan of hers. But I used a source that overweights streams and digital sales to show that Britney was unequivocally bigger after her fourth album, much to the chagrin of that troll.

25 minutes ago, Eternium said:

I started the conversations of SEAs/TEAs on ATRL. The only time it’s fair to exclude certain units of measurement is when artists have been caught faking numbers. 

And where am I undermining Ariana? I’m a huge fan of hers. But I used a source that overweights streams and digital sales to show that Britney was unequivocally bigger after her fourth album, much to the chagrin of that troll.

“Caught faking numbers” who and how? By who? Does some official verdict exist on this? 

I am not saying that you are undermining Ariana, but you are posting sources for both Ariana and Britney from a place you just choose to ignore when it comes to other artists. 

Also, the comment you have quoted stated that Ariana haven’t burnt out by the 4th album, which is true since her 5th album is her second biggest, while Britney’s 5th album is her 6th biggest hence burning out. 

1 hour ago, Lemon said:

“Caught faking numbers” who and how? By who? Does some official verdict exist on this? 

I am not saying that you are undermining Ariana, but you are posting sources for both Ariana and Britney from a place you just choose to ignore when it comes to other artists. 

Also, the comment you have quoted stated that Ariana haven’t burnt out by the 4th album, which is true since her 5th album is her second biggest, while Britney’s 5th album is her 6th biggest hence burning out. 

Yes. Spotify themselves have spoken out about fake numbers/Discovery Mode, Tidal had their streams wiped, YouTube strips views and Melon, Genie and other Korean platforms get exposed by the Circle charts.

I literally started the conversation about ChartMasters/MJD on ATRL and then Timber joined in. Yes I call them out when numbers are incorrect or they add in fraudulent sources, but I was one of the first two people promoting them here.

Britney’s 6th album did 8.3M units. That is significantly larger than Positions at 6.023M. No matter how we cut it, that user is wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.