Ariana Grande - 'eternal sunshine'

ariananext

4 hours ago, Gerardo said:

Sorry be to negative one here but Ariana is not a strong contender at the Grammys at all next year, in fact I would argue she was even more competitive during TUN when she left empty-handed :gaycat6:

She's not the one with the most hits (it's Sabrina) and she's not the darling with acclaim (it's Billie), these two will have more votes than her on the pop field and the general field 

Her best chances are in the categories where neither of them are nominated, those are Best Pop Duo, Best Pop Dance and Best Music Video, and now that Kendrick dropped a mv for Not Like Us she's not taking BMV

if her team was smart they'd get Bruno Mars (she and Ariana have the same manager) to be a collab on the deluxe, that and Pop Dance for yes and are her only chances :chick1:

I think this album is better suitable for Grammy norms. Just that it isn't as successful as TU,N and there are lots of Grammy darlings releasing their music this year (Billie, Tay, and Beyonce). So i agree that the chance is slim. 

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• Gerardo

• ariananext

• wantedyoutogrow

5 hours ago, Gerardo said:

Sorry be to negative one here but Ariana is not a strong contender at the Grammys at all next year, in fact I would argue she was even more competitive during TUN when she left empty-handed :gaycat6:

She's not the one with the most hits (it's Sabrina) and she's not the darling with acclaim (it's Billie), these two will have more votes than her on the pop field and the general field 

Her best chances are in the categories where neither of them are nominated, those are Best Pop Duo, Best Pop Dance and Best Music Video, and now that Kendrick dropped a mv for Not Like Us she's not taking BMV

if her team was smart they'd get Bruno Mars (she and Ariana have the same manager) to be a collab on the deluxe, that and Pop Dance for yes and are her only chances :chick1:

Yeah the chances are not that good, but she could get something in the Dance category at least. :lakitu: Maybe the Mariah or Brandy and Monica remixes have some chances as well, I mean those were iconic features and if they submit it in the r&b categories, who knows. 

But I agree, the pop and general fields are probably out of question. 

• Like 1

deluxe around the time of Wicked part one and then a small arena tour between the movies sounds PERFECT :duca:

Her giving us crumbs on these podcasts is kinda funny :dies: 

So excited :jonny6: I'm going anywhere to see her at least once if she comes to Europe

• Like 1

oh it's definitely going to be a separate EP :duca: Spotless Mind is coming to gag :duca:

she doesn't want to just slap those songs onto the original album

I'd actually love it if the deluxe a separate release tbh. Eternal Sunshine: Spotless Mind Edition hive lets rise :jonny:

This deserves AOTY over eilish. sorry not sorry ...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

deluxe around the time of Wicked part one and then a small arena tour between the movies sounds PERFECT :duca:

Ugh that would take a long as time just for a deluxe. I think she should drop it in August. 

1 minute ago, kayliah said:

This deserves AOTY over eilish. sorry not sorry ...

she deserves but it's not happening in a oversaturated year of pop girl releases.

beyonce (cowboy carter)

taylor (tortured poets)

new breakout pop girls that are always prone to get nominated: sabrina (short n' sweet) and chappell (midwest princess)

if anything i think the nomination itself would be the prize for her… cause shes not really a Grammy darling like that. but pop categories is a given. and who knows! maybe yes, and? might snatch best dance pop recording. thats her biggest shot at a win if anything.

• Thanks 1

If the deluxe is not coming anytime soon, then I hope think she will be pushing another song from this. Hopefully the title track or Supernatural. It would make sense with Chris Breslauer teasing more MVs from the album. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

she deserves but it's not happening in a oversaturated year of pop girl releases.

beyonce (cowboy carter)

taylor (tortured poets)

new breakout pop girls that are always prone to get nominated: sabrina (short n' sweet) and chappell (midwest princess)

if anything i think the nomination itself would be the prize for her… cause shes not really a Grammy darling like that. but pop categories is a given. and who knows! maybe yes, and? might snatch best dance pop recording. thats her biggest shot at a win if anything.

Nope that song is reviled and one of her worsts .. maybe charli xcx or a dance single

I feel like all of her campaigning in this fall is gonna be for Wicked and not the Grammys and that's totally fine. She doesn't really seem to care at all about awards.

Posted (edited)

Gosh now im terrified I won't get ticks I've never even seen her live :jonny2:

Edited by KasioKas

Kinda hoping the deluxe is a separate EP cause from the beginning I said I wanted this to be her "so sad so sexy" by Lykke Li type of album and now all my dreams are coming true

She should retire again tbh because I don't have the funds to pay for a "mini" tour between movies (**** off) with the level of extortion Ticketmaster is currently doing and she is actively kind of annoying me on this press run + this era sucks lol. I truly don't want to be negative for the sake of because I love her but I really have not been gagging.

Her priority is still Wicked so there was no point to releasing this other than trying to clear the air because of things that have nothing to do with the art.

• Thumbs Down 4

1 hour ago, genio said:

Ugh that would take a long as time just for a deluxe. I think she should drop it in August. 

I'm going with her saying it's not coming "super soon" so im assuming not this quarter. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

She should retire again tbh because I don't have the funds to pay for a "mini" tour between movies (**** off) with the level of extortion Ticketmaster is currently doing and she is actively kind of annoying me on this press run + this era sucks lol. I truly don't want to be negative for the sake of because I love her but I really have not been gagging.

Her priority is still Wicked so there was no point to releasing this other than trying to clear the air because of things that have nothing to do with the art.

Girl what?

She served her best album ever, best lyrics, best production and she did most of it by herself, had a great organic hit, all the music videos have been good to amazing, she's worked with legends, she's doing more promo than TUN+Positions combined. She's never going to be ME/DW Ariana again in that sense, I thought everyone in the fanbase had accepted that she's never chasing success the same way she did (and her team required her to do). But she's still doing a lot more than what we were used to. 

Edited by ariananext
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

If this aint me after she released Positions :dies: 

Sis if this era sucks then...who exactly is serving a good era in your opinion? Outside of Brat, all pop girl eras are the pits. Beyonce...crickets. Taylor dropped her album and moved on to continue her tour. Billie also hasn't been doing much since her album's release and her MVs were boring. Dua's era is a mess and half after serving the best era of the decade in 2019-2022. Idk, the only girls working their asses of are the newbies Tate/Sabrina/Chappell/etc which makes sense. Few months ago in the base we were expecting her to drop the album in March then disappear until Wicked release but I feel like we've been eating pretty well? Did anyone expect 3 (excellent) music videos with more content coming?

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, ariananext said:

Girl what?

She served her best album ever, best lyrics, best production and she did most of it by herself, had a great organic hit, all the music videos have been good to amazing, she's worked with legends, she's doing more promo than TUN+Positions combined. She's never going to be ME/DW Ariana again in that sense, I think every one in the fanbase had accepted that she's never chasing success the same way she did (and her team required her to do). But she's still doing a lot more than what we were used to. 

That's why she's doing it, though. "I'm doing literally anything" is supposed to be cheered because the opposite is doing nothing. TBIM single run was a joke, both remixes were botched and WCBF promotional campaign should have been longer. :marshmallow:

I'm not asking her to do Scooter work because I'm not a delusional sixteen year old that started stanning her during Tuna. I know what she's capable of and it just feels like she's underdelivering and I'd rather her just focus on the movie if that's where our energy needs to be. The music is not why she's leaving the house and it seems like she's doing this to pacify you guys rather than move the approach to her as a musical act forward. Which is fine but like :skull: 

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

If this aint me after she released Positions :dies: 

Sis if this era sucks then...who exactly is serving a good era in your opinion? Outside of Brat, all pop girl eras are the pits. Few months ago in the base we were expecting her to drop the album in March then disappear until Wicked release but I feel like we've been eating pretty well? Did anyone expect 3 (excellent) music videos with more content coming?

I don't want to compare her because anyone trying is still emergent so it'd be apples to oranges, she's solidified so she gets to do whatever she wants (and she should), but like, I really don't think TBIM was done right, she hasn't had an interesting interview since Zane Lowe, she gave her best performance to a group of elites behind closed doors and they're still not going to vote for her to win a Grammy or an Oscar.

The only thing that has been completely 10/10 no notes for me is WCBF because she didn't sully it with a poorly mixed remix and the music video was genuinely perfect.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, mxoonlight said:

That's why she's doing it, though. "I'm doing literally anything" is supposed to be cheered because the opposite is doing nothing. TBIM single run was a joke, both remixes were botched and WCBF promotional campaign should have been longer. :marshmallow:

I'm not asking her to do Scooter work because I'm not a delusional sixteen year old that started stanning her during Tuna. I know what she's capable of and it just feels like she's underdelivering and I'd rather her just focus on the movie if that's where our energy needs to be. The music is not why she's leaving the house and it seems like she's doing this to pacify you guys rather than move the approach to her as a musical act forward. Which is fine but like :skull: 

I disagree, you can see that she's handling her musical career differently and that she has a newfound passion.

She could've done a Positions type of roll-out and re-release but she literally run to the studio after she was done with the MET Gala, she had a proper release week with high profile appearances, and is currently talking about a well done re-releases. This era has a lot of thought put into it creatively. 

Now, we know she doesn't care about charts, her team did the thing with the album in the first week but they kind of dropped the ball after that (the album's resurgence on the BB200 should make them re-think about it) and they're lucky that it's still performing nicely on Spotify. 

However, I think she's just over it and I've learned to just appreciate what we get because she doesn't owe anybody anything, she's not a career-focused person and when you accept that you'll start to appreciate everything she does a lot more. 

• Like 3

Ms. @mxoonlight is making some points but not too much on my TBIM remix, it slaps and will hopefully continue to gain on radio.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.