Harvard can't handle demand for Taylor Swift course, desperate for more teachers

The Music Industry

4 hours ago, Cain said:

I don’t like Taylor but… studying can be fun, you can take fun courses… for fun

Not everyone wants to have a miserable existence in accounting 

Hey! :mad:

OT: Of course some users here are mad and I am LIVING for it :ahh: keep your fumes coming OTHs, they are very MUCH welcomed for laughs :ahh: 

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• The Music Industry

• KatyPrismSpirit

• BLΔCKP!NK

losers who can’t afford/aren’t smart enough to get into Harvard talking about the school’s credibility :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The classroom:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Kasix said:

You can find out by getting into Harvard :gaycat2:

I graduated from Columbia so clock THAT :gaycat2: and I hope the users saying idiotic and borderline classist stuff like “you guys aren’t rich/smart enough to get in anyway!!!😂😂” see this cause lord knows I ain’t tagging b*tches

Anyway, taking this course as an OTH would be kinda fun and illuminating actually. Thats my biggest issue with the course - no one taking it is gonna be approaching it with the kind of critical lens that’s necessary for fruitful academic discussion. They’re all just gonna be making arguments about how amazing and good for society she is :rip: 

But ultimately there are probably plenty of other essentially meaningless courses we don’t hear about. I would like to see the syllabus out of curiosity though because typically sociology course at an Ivy League involve like 200 pages of reading per week

Edited by Orsay
  • Like 4

I wanna make a joke but if they did this for Ariana or Lana I would sign up lmfao 

The fumes in here :clap3:

Harvard should open class about the iconic downfall of Katy Perry or Lady Gaga Instead tho.

The way they were on top of the world, and the next day no one cared about them need to be studied. :penguin:

Edited by LosingHimWasBlue
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 hours ago, TeamThiem said:

I want to see the syllabus.

Here is one that was posted a couple months ago:

If you click on the first tweet you can see the thread with the entire syllabus.

• Thanks 1

:rip:

swifties = employed and educated

OTHs = jobless

Edited by truthteller

Where can i send my cv? I mean if they're going to have courses on popgirls the least they can do is to hire people who have a knowlegde of popculture! Stans unite, it's our moment:ryan3:

Americans are a joke cause what do you mean there's a Taylor Swift college course :skull:

• Haha 1

hopefully this paves the way for Tinashe / Cupcakkke courses in the future 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

When there's an entire lesson dedicated to the Katy Perry beef. Time, the ultimate truth teller indeed.

ezgif-1-f3bc812a00.thumb.gif.e3fb2dfc52a

they could just go into a starbucks and hire one of the baristas with an arts degree? you don't need a masters or a phd to decode lyrics like "so go and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy/that's fine, I'll tell mine you're gay"

15 hours ago, Sabrina Carpenter said:

losers who can’t afford/aren’t smart enough to get into Harvard talking about the school’s credibility :ahh:

Not the subbing. Pop Crave and Taylor Nation would love to hire you once you get in and complete this trash course.

Edited by airplane
  • Haha 1

not them making the course about how Taylor's work "intersects with the literary canon" when Lana is right there

12 hours ago, mrmayman said:

Here is one that was posted a couple months ago:

If you click on the first tweet you can see the thread with the entire syllabus.

Not queer subtexts :redface: gaylors are professors too :redface:

That kind of looks like an easy course because what's so intricate about Taylor Swift ? :rip: 

• Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

That kind of looks like an easy course because what's so intricate about Taylor Swift ? :rip: 

Quickly, tell me about “ivy”. Give me motifs, symbolism, and an analysis of how the diction conveys the narrator’s tone. Since Taylor isn’t all that intricate it should be a cakewalk! 

• Thanks 3

Well Swifties, now's your chance to finally stan with benefits!

On 1/6/2024 at 8:26 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

making entire university courses on celebrities is so stupid and useless. 

No it isn't. Did you even read what the course is about?

Taylor's work is just used as an example to explain literary concepts and devices. The actual exams and content is mainly about literature and poetry. 

On 1/6/2024 at 10:26 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

making entire university courses on celebrities is so stupid and useless. 

This.

America's stupidity with celebrity culture should be studied. Not a course on a mediocre, privileged white girl

On 1/7/2024 at 4:59 AM, Sabrina Carpenter said:

How is someone not being able to afford University...drag worthy?

Y'all aren't even hiding it anymore

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 11:59 PM, Sabrina Carpenter said:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.