Harvard can't handle demand for Taylor Swift course, desperate for more teachers

The Music Industry

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• The Music Industry

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Jay07

Oh but impact!

1 minute ago, elincomprendid said:

Oh but impact!

The word "impact" is reserved for colorful wigs and old performances deemed "iconic" by gays on online forums :dancehall:

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Only the most influential songstress of our generation :clap3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

A great example of their decadence :clap3:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

i think many of the swifties are qualified! 

harvard is losing credibility everyday. a JOKE

• Like 11
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

6 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

making entire university courses on celebrities is so stupid and useless. 

Not really, they are sociological lightning rods that influence entire demographics of some generations. The Beatles are a significant part of human history. As is Madonna. As is Beyonce. As is Taylor.

Theyre poets/artists at the end of the day, this is no different than courses on Shakespeare or Hawking.

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 305 said:

New industry stone acquired: The education industry 

:WAP:

• Like 1

Hire ME! :giraffe:

I have a degree in this field and was working as a teacher, hire me for free 

• Like 3

Just now, PoisonedIvy said:

Not really, they are sociological lightning rods that influence entire demographics of some generations. The Beatles are a significant part of human history. As is Madonna. As is Beyonce. As is Taylor.

They also use celebrities to attract/interest students to their courses. It's not like they go in there and learn every fact about Taylor Swift :rip: The goal is to analyze her career/musicality through the lense of academic theories

• Like 1

ATRL alone has lots of them

Perhaps some of the jobless Swifties have the qualifications for this, but I doubt it :foxaylove3:

The classrooms aren't big enough, they need Taylor Swift sermons :clap3:

It's probably the easiest credits these students will get. Can you imagine taking a test on Taylor Swift? I'd take it too.

• Like 2

This is a scam and a honey pot. They attract you with blonde hair and Marjorie lyrics but it’s not all fun n games 

the real ki is failing one of those 😂😂😂

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Jay07 said:

It's probably the easiest credits these students will get. Can you imagine taking a test on Taylor Swift? I'd take it too.

Don’t you hate her? You would fail the course because your bias would cloud your capacity to analyze her prose. Don’t bother replying I don’t care about your response 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Theyre poets/artists at the end of the day, this is no different than courses on Shakespeare or Hawking.

I do not agree with this in the slightest sense. Shakespeare or Hawking made significant contributions to literature, science, basically human understanding. Taylor does not. Having an entire university course focused solely on Taylor Swift is impractical. What are the practical implications learning about Swift's life? All this does is divert valuable academic resources (like teachers AND student time)away from more substantive and intellectual subjects. I think prioritizing what is basically contemporary sensationalism over critical thinking and essential skills at a university this size is quite problematic..

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

8 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Oh please, they're not sitting there analysing her "poems" english literature students would be belly laughing at the spelling is fun songstress. It's probably a marketing case study in how to weaponize the insecurities of lonely, socially awkward teenagers to make them buy 20 different vinyl variants and limited time remixes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 17

white supremacy tea :rip:

• Thumbs Down 10

19 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

making entire university courses on celebrities is so stupid and useless. 

Until they do one about your fave. 

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I do not agree with this in the slightest sense. Shakespeare or Hawking made significant contributions to literature, science, basically human understanding. Taylor does not. Having an entire university course focused solely on Taylor Swift is impractical. What are the practical implications learning about Swift's life? All this does is divert valuable academic resources (like teachers AND student time)away from more substantive and intellectual subjects. I think prioritizing what is basically contemporary sensationalism over critical thinking and essential skills at a university this size is quite problematic..

1. Taylor has made significant contributions to human understanding, all artists with massive worldwide success do. Whether you enjoy the art or not is irrelevant, but the art is impacting millions upon millions of people at this point.

2. the course is not “solely” focused on Taylor she is just the skeleton they will branch off of for the curriculum. 

3. you’re entitled to think that but at the end of the day, Taylor is the most significant artist of this century whether some people agree or not. She is going to be dissected for decades if not centuries to come, some will enjoy her work, some will not, and some will remain neutral; all of that is irrelevant in the pursuit of knowledge. 

• Like 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.