Tate McRae's album only spent one (1) week in the Top 10. What went wrong?

Stankonia

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OBEY

• znake

• Katamari

• Stankonia

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn’t she have a top2 or 3 smash rn :dies:

She's not established at all, especially in the GP. She just has a hit (Greedy) and a song that went viral on TikTok (YBMF). Give her the time to build a career, she's simply still completely faceless.

• Like 3

Christmas albums. It’s predicted to go Top 15 on next BB200 chart + no physicals/vinyls :coffee2:

• Like 11

It's predicted at #15 for the next week. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Klein said:

She's not established at all, especially in the GP. She just has a hit (Greedy) and a song that went viral on TikTok (YBMF). Give her the time to build a career, she's simply still completely faceless.

She debuted almost 4 years ago, her second EP was the most streamed female EP of 2021, and she has a smash hit right now. Could it be she is too faceless for the music industry if she's not "established" by now?

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

quismois

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

She debuted almost 4 years ago, her second EP was the most streamed female EP of 2021, and she has a smash hit right now. Could it be she is too faceless for the music industry if she's not "established" by now?

I'm not defending her, because I don't care that much. I like a couple songs on her record but that's where it stops. All I'm saying is that with the way the culture is working now, it's damn near impossible to become a huge A-list very fast (OIivia is like the only exception this decade, and even in her case I'd argue that she's very known with people that are like under 25 yo, but really not much in older generations).

In my personal opinion, I don't see her becoming a successful mainstream artist. I don't see anything unique in her, and it feels like she's just hyped because she's serving choreo (which she does very well don't get me wrong, but dancing is just a plus for a popstar and will never be a determining factor in any way). But if she's going to make it and prove me wrong, it's going to take more time. A smash hit doesn't give you a long sustained career. Dua Lipa also took a lot of time before becoming really established (with Future Nostalgia). Before that she was pretty faceless too. 

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

Top 35 on week 3 is great for an act at her level, what do you mean? Plenty of artists aren't charting at all or fall off by week 3 :clap3:

• Like 1

ATRL not understanding that many artists aren’t « albums artists » will always send me.

4 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

ATRL not understanding that many artists aren’t « albums artists » will always send me.

Relevant artists are album artists. That's the point. Even artists you call here "not album artists" like Rihanna or Katy Perry are just less "album artist" than someone like Taylor or Beyoncé but they abosultely had big big albums in their peak and some very recognizable album. I mean teenage Dream Is iconic as whole album concept. 

No physicals no vinyls amd she's rising again next week. 

I dont see a problem. She's doing quite decent considering 

A big hit doesn't warrant a big album. 

Just look at last year's best example: Miley had the biggest song of the year and the album basically flopped... 

• Like 5

I don't know, but I use Cut My Hair every day :clap: That song is so Pure Heroine-coded and I LOVE it 

ATRL always complaining that there are no new pop girls and then when a new pop girl performs like a new pop girl commercially, they get ridiculed 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

will bump next week :fan: 

Wow she’s doing good! Predicted to rise next week!

Her music isn’t the kind of music that sells albums

Ok and what's exactly the motive behind this thread :devil:

Just now, burninredhot said:

Ok and what's exactly the motive behind this thread :devil:

showing how much of a loser OP is

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

No physicals no vinyls amd she's rising again next week. 

I dont see a problem. She's doing quite decent considering 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.