Does TS11 have the potential to outsell Adele's 25 first-week sales (3.38+ million)?

Asscatchem

Does TS11 have the potential to outsell Adele's 25 first-week sales (3.38+ million)?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Does TS11 have the potential to outsell Adele's 25 first-week sales (3.38+ million)?

• Yes, there is a chance
    • No, there is no chance

We are living in Taylor's peak and the hype after the Eras Tour is unprecedented and monumental.

Do you think TS11 has a chance to clear 3M+ domestically first-week?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asscatchem

• Kasix

• OrgVisual

• dirrtydiana

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Did you know 25 did like 1.5M copies on iTunes alone? With streaming it’s simply impossible. No one can do that kind of number now even Adele herself

• Like 2

No, if you don't put an album on streaming nowadays most people will show you the middle finger, they won't buy digital copies.

25 was also a perfect storm in the sense that it followed the biggest album of the century and with a 4 year gap. We will never see anything like that again. At least not from someone that already has 10 albums out and the next one is just another one. Even if it's Taylor Swift.

Edited by Bonicap
  • Like 1

No, 1989TV was probably pretty close to her max physical sales since fans bought it like a new album. The only difference will be that TS11 will have a lot more streaming. If all things go well it might cross 2mil but that's it

4 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

No. Did you know 25 did like 1.5M copies on iTunes alone? With streaming it’s simply impossible. No one can do that kind of number now even Adele herself

2 kpop groups did it last year if we consider other countries:michael: and 1989 almost cleared 2M and it was just a rerecording

oHcp02Q.png

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

2 kpop groups did it last year if we consider other countries:michael: and 1989 almost cleared 2M and it was just a rerecording

oHcp02Q.png

"Almost" being a whole 350k unit away though. She'd need to double that to beat 25's first week. This is not happening, not in the current state of the industry (or ever, unless pure sales see a massive surge at some point).

Edited by Klein

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

"Almost" being a whole 350k unit away though. She'd need to double that to beat 25's first week. This is not happening, not in the current state of the industry (or ever, unless pure sales see a massive surge at some point).

Chances are low, but it's not impossible. I think she has a good chance to clear at least 2M.

I think that the upper limit is 2.5m units. 3.3m units first week in 2024/25 is unreachable 

Pre-Order for (at least) 4 months...

6 Vinyl Variants - Different Covers/Vinyl Colours/Different Songs added to each variant

And the big one...

Exclusive Access Code to the next Taylor show in your your state...

And idk I think she might be able to pull it off.

Edited by Peroxide

12 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

Chances are low, but it's not impossible. I think she has a good chance to clear at least 2M.

Clearing 2M is already sky high expectations in my opinion. But even if she did that, it's still 1.3M away from 3.3M. It is impossible.

• Like 1

Off of announcement of pregnancy and hiatus then maybe. Otherwise I don’t see how it gets more than 2.5m. 

Homestly though it’s probably more preferable to space out the shipping of the pre orders and get like 20 week #1 than shipping it all in 1 go. 

26 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

No, 1989TV was probably pretty close to her max physical sales since fans bought it like a new album. The only difference will be that TS11 will have a lot more streaming. If all things go well it might cross 2mil but that's it

1989tv is not the peak for physical actually, she didn’t even do any signed CDs which midnights had like 200k copies of. 

Not to mention billboard has actually allowed bundling now so im

sire ts11 would be higher, though it’s still not gonna be 3m

The chance is extremely low, but not impossible. She’d have to do more than double of Midnights, but her power has grown to ridiculous levels even since then, and even since 1989TV. I don’t think the TV’s are “equal” to her new studio albums at all, so it’ll be very interesting to see how high she can go now.

But most likely, no.

28 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

oHcp02Q.png

That’s completely different though. Japan and Korea’s culture are still into buying physicals that’s why they can do it there but nowhere else. 

1989tv’s first week worldwide is actually 3.5M units which is actually insane, but thats meaningless since it’s  worldwide. 

35 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

oHcp02Q.png

Did they sell 3M copies in the US? 

27 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Pre-Order for (at least) 4 months...

6 Vinyl Variants - Different Covers/Vinyl Colours/Different Songs added to each variant

And the big one...

Exclusive Access Code to the next Taylor show in your your state...

And idk I think she might be able to pull it off.

I'm pretty sure this is considered a bundle and this is how a lot of artists with big touring power were inflating their first week sales a decade ago. Not allowed anymore.

The biggest sales from streaming units are from Drake like 600k. The second biggest debut of all time physical is No Strings Attached with 2.5M sales. Combining these two, it‘s not even enough to beat Adele. So no.

It's impossible. The streaming era doesn't accumulate units like this. No one will ever touch those numbers again. 

No. 2M is the ceiling for TS11.

well. if she announced that's her last album and release 20 variants, is possible.

• Haha 1

Yes when she releases 20 different variations you need to purchase all of them to complete a cake or something

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bonicap said:

I'm pretty sure this is considered a bundle and this is how a lot of artists with big touring power were inflating their first week sales a decade ago. Not allowed anymore.

Oh I assumed an access code would have been a work-around... or perhaps some other mechanism to help you secure tickets?

Without that, yeah I don't see 3M happening... maybe 2.5 if she goes hardcore capitalist...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.