Better album: Artpop vs. Femme Fatale

A Million Lights

Better album: Artpop vs. Femme Fatale  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Better album

• Artpop
    • Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale

ARTPOP only had DWUW as far as I'm concerned, the rest of the album could be scrapped.

• ATRL Moderator

Femme Fatale is more consistent and smooth, ARTPOP has the higher highs but lower lows.  It's messier.

ARTPOP wins for me though, I appreciate how daring and chaotic it was as opposed to Femme Fatale, which felt kind of robotic and soulless at times.  Venus / G.U.Y. / Sexxx Dreams is still such a trio.

• Like 1

The one with the pop classic Till The World Ends 

:ryan3:

Easily Femme Fatale. Even if it's a bit dated now, it's actually competently produced by people who knew what they were doing. At the time it was top-of-the-line pop music.

Whereas ARTPOP is a cacophonous mess that sounded embarrassing and amateurish then and even more so now. It was such a horrible album that it destroyed the image of Gaga as the avant garde disco artiste meta pop superstar and forced her to completely abandon that persona and become a 1) jazz singer, 2) tribute act, 3) payola'd honky tonk "rock" gal, until finally she tried her hand at being 4) acclaimed actress and that actually stuck and then she could regain some momentum in terms of her music career.

That said, it does have some guilty pleasure bops. But it's a terrible body of work. Femme Fatale may be a bit soulless but it's perfectly-produced, instantly-catchy pop music. Non stop bops front to back. And there are some real gems in the deep cuts like "How I Roll" that deserve their place in the Britney pantheon.

The one that doesn't have Jewels and Drugs, Swine and Dope. 

Both are bad but the one that's not made of Kesha's Animal rejects wins

• Thanks 1

I dont really use FF, but Artpop has a handful of great and original tracks (i.e. Venus) which make revisit the album a lot more compared to the other so 

Femme Fatale for sure.

It may have been generic and a producer’s album, but atleast it’s well put together. ARTPOP isn’t even 50% listenable

I voted Artpop because the question is "better" not "what you prefer". 

I prefer Femme, because is more my taste and i listen Criminal, Up And Down and Selfish even nowdays. But is a souless and genereric like people say.

Artpop is a album by a musician, real and with personality (but bad).

• Confused 2

Femme Fatale is a very good fun pop albums with no skip. Every song could have been a single.

Artpop was the beginning of Gaga’d downfall. A doubtful artistic vision, badly executed songs and era, questionable collaborations and bad music overall. 

8 hours ago, Jewel said:

Agree, Femme Fatale is bland, unoriginal, generic and only sounds good when you’re drunk at a club. 

• Thumbs Down 1

GlamSlam

The one with "I Wanna Go, "Inside Out", "Trip To Your Heart", "Selfish" and "Criminal.

The other had one good tune, and even that's tarnished...

tumblr_mwe7geRKgk1t1rvzco5_250.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only one has Inside Out. :gaycatney4:

18 hours ago, Jewel said:

You and your dupe have to quit this “drag” already because Kesha has one (1) credit on the album and she explicitly said she wrote the song specifically for Britney.

OT: Femme Fatale, unapologetic pop excellence.

• Like 1

Artpop bigger and better. There’s a reason why it’s doing almost double the daily streams :gayriahcat3: the production is also much better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Both are not great but I voted Artpop because it's more daring and has more personality thus feels more like an album. Femme Fatale, while having more palatable songs, feels more like a collection of cute club records that anyone could've sung. It has very little of Brit's charisma.

• Thanks 1

Femme Fatale is the much more enjoyable listen for me. 

I do like ARTPOP but not nearly as much as Femme Fatale 

The one with Applause !

Artpop is terrible. Femme Fatale isn’t a great album either, but at least it has Inside Out and Trouble For Me, so I guess it wins. 

On 1/2/2024 at 2:42 AM, State of Grace. said:

Neither of them is great, but at least ARTPOP was adventurous and exciting.

Femme Fatale has a few bops but its a mess that not even Britney herself wanted to make. The fact that it is considered one of her best albums is :rip: 

Who considers it that? I think it's considerably worse than everything that proceeded it, so she has at least like 5 albums that are better. 

I agree with the sentiment that neither are good albums and I think Artpop has some more interesting moments to offer. As for Femme Fatale, HIAM was nice and that's the best I can say about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.