K-Pop Thread: Red Velvet we love you so much; stream Cosmic!

Ryan

You can't really compare 2nd and 3rd gens, the market was way different for k-pop for both generations. 

• Like 1

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

ILLIT first released the music video for "Magnetic" on March 25 at 6 p.m. KST, meaning that it took 86 days, 17 hours, and 30 minutes to hit 100 million views.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I don't to bring negativity but the whole puberty thing is too much for him...

Lee Yedam 3 years ago on LOUD

NOWADAYS in ONEPACT

Like this is the same person 3 years apart, but they don't look at all alike.

Anyways, Right Now is still that BOP :WAP: supernatural is cute I guess

Weird that they decided to include english and korean for a Japanese debut should have just stuck to two tbh

10 minutes ago, Zack said:

He has been on hiatus for "anxiety" and "worsening health" and is trying to recover. He is not going to respond in the same way a healthy person might respond when faced with harassing and stalking calls and personal privacy breaches, so I think Knetz also really need to cut him some slack. They are well known for giving harsh criticisms to idols often unnecessarily which can have very damaging impacts on mental health. Like I said, it's a wider conversation for K-Pop in general that extends beyond this particular issue.

It's unfortunate this girl was seemingly innocently caught up in this incident, but it never would have happened had the sasaengs listened and stopped and/or SM controlled the situation with the sasaengs and had SM given RENJUN the support he obviously needs. I think it's wrong that SM has passed all the blame to him when they know he is unwell. 

Oh yeah I am not endorsing knetz behavior. they suck and cause so much harm . i have sympathy for him  and understand his actions but that doesn't mean his choices were good.

however, nct stans need to stop trying to litigate the issue and stop the harassment.

the best thing for him would be for this story to die due to no more further developments. stans defending him will only makes things worse when there is a minor involved.

2 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

they always rewrite history

c8265tc.png

The Boys was released October 19, it didn't have enough time to reach top 10 on digital year-ends (it still reached top 50 which is impressive considering they've had like 8 weeks of tracking), but it sure did top the albums one.

FG4KRd9.png

The one and only girlgroup charting.

7 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

Didn't 2NE1 perform better digitally though like way better? I know that SNSD are the biggest gg of 2nd gen etc., but I don't think the gap between the 2 groups is that big? 

The term "being miles ahead of everyone" only fits groups like BTS and BLACKPINK 

Not really, both were digital monsters, the thing is that the circle (Former Gaon) chart only started in 2010, so a lot of SNSD smash hits won't have numbers in that metric (Gee, Kissing You, Genie, etc).

SNSD was miles ahead of other groups, they were not only the top girlgroup, all the members were actually super relevant (which wasn't the regular deal, as in most groups you would have only 1 super popular member and the rest was just average) and active in the entertainment industry, hence why they all have sucessful jobs up until now, while most of the other groups barely have 1-2 members doing anything.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, romiskes said:

The Boys was released October 19, it didn't have enough time to reach top 10 on digital year-ends (it still reached top 50 which is impressive considering they've had like 8 weeks of tracking), but it sure did top the albums one.

FG4KRd9.png

Not really, both were digital monsters, the thing is that the circle (Former Gaon) chart only started in 2010, so a lot of SNSD smash hits won't have numbers in that metric (Gee, Kissing You, Genie, etc).

SNSD was miles ahead of other groups, they were not only the top girlgroup, all the members were actually super relevant (which wasn't the regular deal, as in most groups you would have only 1 super popular member and the rest was just average) and active in the entertainment industry, hence why they all have sucessful jobs up until now, while most of the other groups barely have 1-2 members doing anything.

Super impressive was Hoot being released at the end of October in 2010 and ending up at #10 in the year end chart. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, romiskes said:

FG4KRd9.png

Very well said.

Being the top GG is not only about doing great on the singles chart. 

Even if SNSD was behind SISTAR and 2NE1 in that regard, they were way ahead with album sales, touring stats and group/individual recognition. 

And just like you said, that is part of the reason why most members are still active and getting success, even the ones out of SM. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, montacelo said:

Super impressive was Hoot being released at the end of October in 2010 and ending up at #10 in the year end chart. 

The song is good but the dance is my favorite thing about it tbh.

One of the best examples of a properly well made choreo doing what it should: elevate the song.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, montacelo said:

It was an EVENT when they dropped Hoot against 2AM, they created a huge rivalry during the "Can't let you go even if i die" x "Oh!" round of promotions, this was their much expected round 2 and both groups excelled at it as expected. :clap3:

• Like 2

Her fans moving like Arianators with everything theyre spoiling in advance, not with the dates?? :biblio:

7 hours ago, Pluto6 said:

Wake up, the track list is here! Not the title track being only 2:28 minutes though :skull:

Stray Kids having a self titled song in the album as well :duca:

@Mitsuki @xrosup

GQmV2_BacAA9WcG?format=jpg&name=large

THEY ARE FINALLY RELEASING A SONG CALLED STRAY KIDS :jonnycat:

• Like 1

@Pluto6 that account you posted getting it right, are they some kind of insider :suburban:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, getinthezone said:

they always rewrite history

c8265tc.png

1 hour ago, romiskes said:

FG4KRd9.png

where do you see these lists on wiki? thanks

2 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

@Pluto6 that account you posted getting it right, are they some kind of insider :suburban:

They basically know someone who works on MVs in kpop/the creatives 

Don't think they've ever teased anything about the songs, so probably just get stuff on sets or promotion images 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xalric said:

XG influencing the girls.

That Lalisa and XG can afford to shop from the same vendors yet another example of the fiery passion with which Max Matsuura hates kpop's global success.

:cm:

Gallup Survey 

ARTIST:

1. Girls' Generation 

SONGS:

1. Hoot

2. Oh!

ARTIST:

1. Girls Generation

SONGS:

2. Roly Poly 

3. The Boys 

That's just Gallup. We are not even factoring other metrics like Forbes,  concerts, CFs/brand deals, album sales, overall impact etc. 

Notice how some users can only come up with Digital/Gaon peaks to prove how this groups were supposedly on the same level or even bigger than SNSD :celestial5:

No one is rewriting herstory here. It's just the Hags haters can't accept the fact and  move on that SNSD were the #1 Group of their Generation and is still widely relevant today while their peers; N/A

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 3

When I told you she should move there I was NOT joking.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Also comparing Blackpink/BTS to SNSD is like comparing Olivia Rodrigo/Billie to Beyoncé/Lady Gaga. Both are from different times and the market were pretty much smaller back then

Blackpink or Stray cats wouldn't be pulling this numbers  if they were to debut during 2nd Gen

It's not that hard to comprehend 

:clack:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

49 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Blackpink wouldn't be pulling this numbers  if they were to debut during 2nd Gen

It's not that hard to comprehend 

you dont know that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.