K-Pop Thread: Red Velvet we love you so much; stream Cosmic!

Ryan

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

Le sserafim really have that many haters :toofunny3:

I think they are still here to stay (unlike Itzy) so, i guess the haters gotta try again for the next comeback.

Even with louder back track Le sserafim still aren't escaping their weekly whacking it seems :bam:

But I was told Newjeans only got praised because they had a loud back track at Lolla... So what is the truth..

12 minutes ago, Hay Amores said:

Le sserafim really have that many haters :toofunny3:

I think they are still here to stay (unlike Itzy) so, i guess the haters gotta try again for the next comeback.

Aespa went through a larger hate train in 2022 tbh and they still survived and had hits, lesserafim will be just fine

9 minutes ago, playboi said:

Even with louder back track Le sserafim still aren't escaping their weekly whacking it seems :bam:

But I was told Newjeans only got praised because they had a loud back track at Lolla... So what is the truth..

Well newjeans are far more universally loved i fear, and they didnt have a bad first week that opened hate gates for them

I'm a huge Red Velvet stan but the CK album is horrible from title to bsides. A few cute songs but mostly boring. I blame the new SM

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, paddii_ said:

I'm a huge Red Velvet stan but the CK album is horrible from title to bsides. A few cute songs but mostly boring. I blame the new SM

chill fill was a disgrace to their legacy. sm really catfished us thinking they'd be serving psycho 2.0 with those visuals

• Like 1

Despite the controversy surrounding their Coachella performance last weekend, LE SSERAFIM will be fine; their Spotify streams, global stats, and Korean stats are still extremely good. Smart is also rising on Spotify after the performance. This situation brings to mind the backlash IZ*ONE received for outperforming TWICE, RV, and ITZY in chart performance, streaming numbers, and sales in the past. If we are going to compare this situation to a Western artist, it reminds me of how Normani is dragged despite her success and being among the best performers of her generation. Regardless of what trolls say, IVE and LSRFM are widely regarded as two of the top girl groups of their generation.

But I do think a lot of the animosity towards LSRFM stems from the fact that some wish their faves had the same push and promo that HYBE gives them. 

IMG_9956.gif?ex=662e728f&is=661bfd8f&hm=

Edited by Ethereal
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Despite the controversy surrounding their Coachella performance lasy weekend, LE SSERAFIM will be fine; their Spotify streams, global stats, and Korean stats are still extremely good. Smart is also rising on Spotify after the performance. This situation brings to mind the backlash IZ*ONE received for outperforming TWICE, RV, and ITZY in chart performance, streaming numbers, and sales in the past. If we are going to compare this situation to a Western artist, it reminds me of how Normani is dragged despite her success and being among the best performers of her generation. Regardless of what trolls say, IVE and LSRFM are widely regarded as two of the top girl groups of their generation.

But I do think a lot of the animosity towards LSRFM stems from the fact that some wish their faves had the same push and promo that HYBE gives them. 

The back to back truth spilling comments u served

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sunny said:

The back to back truth spilling comments u served

1 hour ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

:bibliahh:

NOT THE AESPA-HATER/PRESSED ATRLER HERE BEING THE HOST :jonny5:

2 minutes ago, newaespa said:

Is that actually Pluto? :ahh: 

4 minutes ago, newaespa said:

1 minute ago, Ethereal said:

Is that actually Pluto? :ahh: 

@Pluto6

lvbibZ.gif

43 minutes ago, illia said:

@Pluto6

lvbibZ.gif

Leave me out of this

lvbibZ.gif

Edited by Pluto6
  • Haha 3

It wouldn't be surprising if that's actually him. Fans often emulate their favourites, so Bang Chan's bullying and meltdown over Wonyoung not bowing to him every five seconds probably pushed #that user to despise girl groups as a whole.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's 2024 and we still have gay gg stans trying to push this narrative that bg stans are the most misogynistic, when it has been concluded that gay gg stans tend to be the most misogynistic among kpop fandoms. 

Imagine trying push this weird narrative that I "despise ggs" just because I stan a bg, when I have been dragging all the misogynistic users in here and got them thread banned including that one user who you're just kikiing with, whose pfp is literally a pic of IU with a SJ member, and he has been using that pic to slvtshame her :biblio:

Edited by Pluto6
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I still don't understand what's going on with NewJeans, are they releasing a mini album? A Korean single? Or just a Japanese song? I'm confused

im glad ILLIT is doing well because it'll make MHJ come even harder but what's with the last comeback being almost a year ago and no mini/rollout/album in sight?

Seeing how Kpop stans are still hating on LE SSERAFIM, it's just pure jealousy at this point, since they are mad that their faves aren't getting that same push. 

Of course they are going to use louder backtrack this time especially after the hell people have put them through the past week, and now people are complaining that the backtrack being too loud? :ace:

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 1

hybe won. churn out idols quickly, don't invest in training/seeking talented idols because it's too expensive/time consuming, and reap on the corporate pipeline built off BTS

as a business major i have to stan, but as a kpop stan i have to take an L considering how being good live is now too much to ask for

• Like 1

2 hours ago, playboi said:

Their performance is up on YT and accessible for everyone. NJ had their performance divided into two. 1st half was live band version of 6 songs which did not have backtrack at all and they took it easy with choreo, 2nd half was Get Up tracks with full choreo, headset mics and backtrack, but loudness varied, it's easy to hear their vocals vs backtrack (ETA for example). 

Mind you that was NewJeans first proper performance. Their only experience being 3 university festivals and Korean music shows. Actually no one expected them to do well, but they did. People just had high expectations for LSFM and their timing was unlucky due to encore controversy.

Kinda seated to see NewJeans growth with upcoming world tour. Maybe they can go back to Lolla for bigger slot after they gain experience :keir:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

It's 2024 and we still have gay gg stans trying to push this narrative that bg stans are the most misogynistic, when it has been concluded that gay gg stans tend to be the most misogynistic among kpop fandoms. 

Imagine trying push this weird narrative that I "despise ggs" just because I stan a bg, when I have been dragging all the misogynistic users in here and got them thread banned including that one user who you're just kikiing with, whose pfp is literally a pic of IU with a SJ member, and he has been using that pic to slvtshame her :biblio:

reminded me of this

Me being called a girl group stan, when my main faves are RIIZE, TWS and SVT. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

I still don't understand what's going on with NewJeans, are they releasing a mini album? A Korean single? Or just a Japanese song? I'm confused

im glad ILLIT is doing well because it'll make MHJ come even harder but what's with the last comeback being almost a year ago and no mini/rollout/album in sight?

NewJeans is releasing 3 CD albums this year. 

May 24 — single album "How Sweet". includes Korean title track How Sweet and trilingual b-side (or you can say JP promotional track) Bubble Gum. pre-order starts April 26. Bubble Gum MV drops on April 27. 

June 21 - single album "Supernatural", includes title track Supernatural and b-side Right Now. This is JP album, but it is likely to include trilingual b-side and JP title track (assuming it will be like 90% English).

Nobody understands what kind of roll out they are doing. The less questions I ask, the better it is. MHJ weirdly decided to link KR cb and JP debut together. It's not looking good, but I will take anything atp:rip:

2nd half of the year - new album. either EP or LP. assuming LP since they need songs for world tour. 

• Like 5

Anyways, let me not engage in fanwars with that insufferable user anymore, who is clearly obsessed and has constantly been trying to start fights with me this past month :suburban:

Edited by Pluto6
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.