K-Pop Thread: 2NE1 Reunites, Signs with YG

Ryan

2 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

Why do I feel like this is about to be amazing :jonny5:

What is this? I'm confused? Aespa comeback already?

2 hours ago, ItsJustMe. said:

her power is just too much :hoetenks::hoetenks: only because she went there in her barcelona vlog

I need her to become more fluent in English and become an international actress. Jisoo Streep here we come. Imagine Jisoo in a comedy, drama, action, horror come on Jisus!!

2 hours ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

All new groups are doing a western push with english songs and US promotions, bts, Ive, lesserafim, aespa... :WAP: newjeans are about to come in swinging too anytime and knock out everyone with the biggest US marketing campaign known to mankind :WAP:

We are entering a new era. 5th gen has really begun :gaycat5:

Yall are really overrating the NewJennies and it's starting to become super annoying 🙄 I like them. Dont get me wrong. They're cute. But I feel like they're not much different then IVE except for their bunny mascot aesthetic. Danielle is their Wonyoung for sure though. Again I like NewJeans but they're not the kpop juggernauts that yall are making them out to be.

1 hour ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

So, what went wrong? :coffee2:

Poor title tracks choices ruining their hot streak. Their weird gatekeeping of their releases this comeback.

1 hour ago, Rainy Devil said:

Not a fan of NewJeans but I'm interested to see how their US debut will be.

Most kpop groups full english songs are kinda bad and totally different to their KR comebacks, and not in a good way, imo.

Maybe NJ's team will be more smart about their approach. 

Not really true. I just feel like the US has a very outdated view on kpop. They expect them all to be serving cookie cutter cutesy like Cupid for example. When the genre is so versatile and much more nuanced than that. I finally stopped limiting myself to just Blackpink and have become alot more well versed in KPop and the US can actually learn alot from kpop. From a production, marketing, promotion and talent standpoint for sure. One could argue since NJ is already doing so well their not much change that needs to be done other than having a song be fully in English 

1 hour ago, Rainy Devil said:

idk. Not a chart expert. :coffee2:

I honestly can't say is the music because there have been questionable songs that became hits. And their recent music was fine to me. Maybe the song will rise after a few days/weeks, I remember that Drama took some time to rise as well.

My only issue with itzy is their vocals. I really don't like their tones. 

I mean you can say that for most kpopstars their voices are usually very girly high pitched chipmunks like Tate McRae/Camila Cabello/

Tumblr avocado/Autotuney Spears. 

1 hour ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

There have been many features with "big shot" American artists lately but I'm not sure MHJ will go that route, unless there is a genuine interest on both sides. Features are decisions coming from a businessman, as a creative, it's not clear how much MHJ is willing to compromise her artistic vision for commercial success. I'm not saying she is against associations with a 3rd party, obviously not with the mountain of brand deals newjeans have, but I think she follows some code of conduct or philosophy, and she is very selective with the brands or individuals she partners with.

Newjeans have also shown excellent results in Japan, it's going to be very interesting to see how she juggles between all 3 markets, Korea, Japan, USA at the same time. :lakitu:

Who's MHJ?

• Like 1

• Replies 57.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• MonsterNavy

1 minute ago, SchmoodRing said:

Who's MHJ?

Korea’s top child enthusiast 

spacer.png

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, illia said:

Le Sserafim are in LA right now, some of their staff is posting pics

They must be shooting a music video already :coffee2: Comeback in mid-late February I guess

GDaWfsIasAAfSpf?format=jpg&name=mediumGDarMofacAA62v0?format=jpg&name=medium

Interesting. Last year, they filmed Unforgiven MV around 3/25 and made their comeback on 5/1. They announced comeback news on 4/4 and released Burn the Bridge trailer on 4/9. We should be hearing from them very soon.

Edited by PerfectSacrifice
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, thirdward said:

jennie working with James Fauntleroy is crazy 

we are getting a #real album and not some basic pop songs :jonny:

him and Mike dean like wow 

I’m GAGGING. Jennifer is coming to PLAY!!

• Like 1

BABYMONSTER ranked among 4th-5th gen girl groups

#1 in Rap

#3 in Vocals

#4 in dancing

personally I’d put them 2nd over NMIXX as they have more vocally capable members than NMIXX. I personally think only 2 girls in NMIXX can actually sing

Edited by Mel.
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

SM is going to have a new owner again :deadbanana4:?

Original Title : "Kakao Initiates Major Overhaul: Integrates Affiliates and Appoints New Entertainment CEO"

https://v.daum.net/v/20240109172722770

According to industry sources on the 9th, Kakao Entertainment's CEOs, Kim Sung-Soo and Lee Jin-Soo, are expected to step down. Both have been responsible for content businesses including music, video, digital, and story intellectual property (IP) and platform businesses, following the merger of KakaoPage and KakaoM into 'Kakao Entertainment.'
The new CEO of Kakao Entertainment has yet to be decided.
Kakao is reportedly considering the sale of SM Entertainment due to legal risks. While 2-3 companies have shown interest, the sale might significantly alter the direction of Kakao's global entertainment business, hence they are taking a cautious approach. Last August, Kakao Entertainment and SM announced the launch of a joint North American corporation, intending to create synergy by concentrating on their core competencies.
An industry source said, "There is a company willing to become the owner of SM by offering about 2.5 trillion won. Given Chairman Kim Beom-Soo's decision to focus on core businesses to transform the company's DNA into an AI firm, rapid changes in Kakao are expected."

The only kpop Jennifer worth checking for is mother Jennifer Huh

I don’t make the rules 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adama said:

Original Title : "Kakao Initiates Major Overhaul: Integrates Affiliates and Appoints New Entertainment CEO"

According to industry sources on the 9th, Kakao Entertainment's CEOs, Kim Sung-Soo and Lee Jin-Soo, are expected to step down. Both have been responsible for content businesses including music, video, digital, and story intellectual property (IP) and platform businesses, following the merger of KakaoPage and KakaoM into 'Kakao Entertainment.'
Kakao is reportedly considering the sale of SM Entertainment due to legal risks. While 2-3 companies have shown interest, the sale might significantly alter the direction of Kakao's global entertainment business, hence they are taking a cautious approach. Last August, Kakao Entertainment and SM announced the launch of a joint North American corporation, intending to create synergy by concentrating on their core competencies.
An industry source said, "There is a company willing to become the owner of SM by offering about 2.5 trillion won. Given Chairman Kim Beom-Soo's decision to focus on core businesses to transform the company's DNA into an AI firm, rapid changes in Kakao are expected."

I hope this doesn’t affect their top male soloist Kim Woojin and his upcoming PAKs and RAKs

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Adama said:

Considering the sale of SM you say?

IMG-0576.png

Edited by TheCal
  • Haha 2

Just now, Save-Me-Oprah said:

I don’t make the rules 

spacer.png

Off topic but imagine having "Huh" as your last name

Jennifer HUH

That's some iconic shіt

stan-twitter-woman-explaining.gif

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

I don’t make the rules 

spacer.png

no but both are more worth checking than 635362736 bg members you thirst over

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We love a D lister and it’s just the beginning of her worldwide domination :ryan3:

Edited by Adama
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

the way i got like 4 babymonster ads on youtube this week alone :rip:

Edited by hallucinate
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, TheCal said:

Sell you say?

IMG-0576.png

First SM then YG is next :coffee2:

8 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

I hope this doesn’t affect their top male soloist Kim Woojin and his upcoming PAKs and RAKs

spacer.png

You mean Wonbin?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

no but both are more worth checking than 635362736 bg members you thirst over

spacer.png

not sure what this has to do with anything relating to mother Jennifer but ok

EejvcXPVoAMUSoJ.jpg

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, hindsight said:

if Jennie Kim is talentless then what are the NewJeans girlies

owN7JyY.gif

Right, like….so unserious

• Haha 3

they sound so good, why doesn't SM let them sing live more often

bitch

cea33e4107f24720aeecd6db9045c7f9.gif?ex=

Love 119 sounds so good with the live band and trumpets

it's a hit!

cryingemotional.gif

Crying cause MIDzy’s were one of the main fandoms shading BABYMONSTER’s “Batter Up” Spotify debut only for ITZY to do WORSE on every metric :bibliahh:

ITZY is a 5 year old group and doing these numbers is ATROCIOUS!!

• Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, Adama said:

all that fight last year just for kakao to sell it, sm is destined to be under hybe i fear

• Haha 2

HYBE swimming in money, SM in shambles, YG... being YG, CUBE being CUBE too and being carried by G-IDLE, Starship... who even cares about Starship? :rip:

HYBE and JYPee are the only ones left standing. Why?

IMG-0576.png

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Adama said:

You mean Wonbin?  

Wonbin isn’t a soloist, sweatcheaks

(yet)

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mel. said:

I’m GAGGING. Jennifer is coming to PLAY!!

can’t wait bc it’s shaping up to be a good project and well funded 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.