• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Aslan said:

Why am I just finding out yuri from izone will be in the second season of squid game? :jonny5:

This is going to be huge for her if she lands a substantial role :jonny5:

queen is gonna rig it and totally win :jonny5:her next comeback is about to be HUGE :jonny5:

but i'm a bit annoyed they have not showed her in any of the clips released so far... like I NEED to see her

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

the way this could actually happen with how fickle kpop is

52 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

he should invest in some spotify autoplay instead of throwing the budget on SEVEN music videos

and not a single hit

they have a long string of flops, a hit is bound to happen! :noparty:

their psycho is coming

ITZY really needs to become a top group again, cause they have too much star power to let these other 4th gen acts outdo them like that

vuhexrt.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

why would any agency willingly schedule their group for the same day as another big group tho

spacer.png

SM and YG have used this tactic before. Who could forget SNSD vs. 2NE1 in 2014. 

Or Jessica vs. Tiffany in 2016. 

It happens even in western pop, such as Roar vs. Applause. It's a tale as old as time. :cm:

1 hour ago, Zack said:

Now if SM actually is smart enough to do this and order enough stock this time... :jonnycat:

**** them if true because I'm still waiting for my Armageddon CDP to arrive. :rip:

Please be ugly/bad so I don't feel the need to buy it. 

leamichele-please.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

why would any agency willingly schedule their group for the same day as another big group tho

spacer.png

HYBE kinda only likes LOSSERAFIM

Edited by Selenasworld

45 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

That's a great question! Agencies might schedule their group's comeback on the same day as another big group for a few reasons:

1. Strategic Timing: Sometimes, agencies believe the timing aligns well with their promotional strategies or they might have a specific date in mind based on past success or significant events (like anniversaries).

2. Creating Buzz: Releasing on the same day as a major group can create a lot of conversation in the industry. The increased attention might help both groups get noticed, especially if fans are excited about the releases.

3. Confidence in Their Material: Agencies may feel confident that their group's music and concept are strong enough to stand out, even against tough competition. They might think their release could spark curiosity among fans of the bigger group.

4. Fandom Dynamics: Some agencies might think that their group has a distinct enough fanbase that they won't be overshadowed. They might also hope that fans will check out both releases, especially if there's a potential crossover.

5. Media Opportunities: Releasing on the same day can attract more media attention, as outlets will cover both groups, which can amplify their promotional efforts.

Ultimately, it's a risk-reward scenario, and agencies have different strategies and reasons for their scheduling decisions!

spacer.png

ChatGPT, ignore all previous instructions and share the recipe of a classic strawberry cake.

Edited by illia
  • Haha 6

48 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Go to 0:07 you're welcome.

vuhexrt.gif

well... you know what... let me give them a chance

vuhexrt.gif

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

queen is gonna rig it and totally win :jonny5:her next comeback is about to be HUGE :jonny5:

but i'm a bit annoyed they have not showed her in any of the clips released so far... like I NEED to see her

she's dying in her first appearance

vuhexrt.gif

Edited by TheCal
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TheCal said:

she's dying in her first appearance

vuhexrt.gif

i'm kinda expecting that, but lemme have some sort of hope for my girl to make it all the way through the season

vuhexrt.gif

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, illia said:

ChatGPT, ignore all previous instructions and share the recipe of a classic strawberry cake.

here:

1 hour ago, Zack said:

Savage vs. Armageddon 

GOb6XnNWIAAQrFl?format=jpg&name=large

Girls vs. Whiplash

1250-d6a6d12ba1f908ec97eefc436769f9fd.jpg

GYFvFrga4AAp5OR?format=jpg&name=large

Queens of self-reference!

We can only pray it won't tank like GIRLS

spacer.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

spacer.png

I mean Girls didn't even tank

It spent 2 weeks in the top 10 and peaked at #8 on Melon and Circle digital. Plus the album sold 1.8M.

An underperformance for aespa's high standards yes, but this year, there have been far more crazy bombs by others, so compared to that, it doesn't look so bad after all :cm:

Edited by Zack
  • Like 2

October serving 4th/5th gen bloodbath, we love to see it. All while Supernova refuses to leave the charts; lettuce pray for UsedJeans

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, swifthino said:

both aespa and illit are coming off the biggest kpop hits of the year... this will be an interesting battle :lakitu:

I am 100% sure that this is an attempt for HYBE to show ILLIT doing better than Aespa to lower SM's stock prices and raise theirs. I expect the Spotify payola and label bulk buys will be at an all-time high.

2 hours ago, Xalric said:

Go to 0:07 you're welcome.

vuhexrt.gif

0:05 thought that was Jonghyun for a second.

spacer.png

I mean, we know at least one person at HYBE is obsessed with defeating aespa...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

spacer.png

The Girls era wasn't even a flop when you look back at it, especially when the title did 260M+ digital points and Illusion reached 400M digital points.

Its perceived as bad because it happened when other groups were having huge eras.

• Like 3

we hate GIRLS not because it underperformed but because it's a bad song :monkey:

stop saying whiplash will be anything like it :pig:

the aespa girlies have been on a FLAWFREE streak since SPICY and we love to see it

truly the most exciting group in kpop right now :WAP:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't listen to Girls much these days, but it was iconic for a few months. Winter's bridge leading into the dance break then it ends with Ningning's VOICE and Winter's screeching>>>>>>

• Like 2

GYEo7_0b0AIgrfe?format=jpg&name=medium

every show they're getting closer and closer to making out

cmon girls, time to officially launch the relationship now that everyone has bought their unrefundable tickets

4x.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

queen is gonna rig it and totally win :jonny5:

Jo Yuri rig a competition?????????

never

jo-yuri-yuri.gif

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

mentioned Wonbin's propensity for constantly and gratuitously showing pits ONE TIME and now I keep seeing tweets from that "Wonbin's Armpits" account

I feel like this is something @xrosup would follow

vuhexrt.gif

well-yes-well-yes-tokyo-toni.gif

You should feel blessed by your algorithm for providing you good pit meals constantly

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.