K-Pop Thread: NewJeans Demand MinHeeHee Be Reinstated

Ryan

I feel like SM should have released the logo tonight just to increase hype even more

But based on rumors that the date shown in Hot Mess MV could be the comeback date for Whiplash (October 21st) plus another rumor which also said a "rock style comeback in October", it seems the teasers might not start for another couple weeks at least. Let's see :lakitu:

Edited by Zack
  • Like 3

• Replies 63.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

The year is 2011. You just got into k-pop, and SNSD are slowly but surely taking over Japan.

You tune into the VMAJs and watch them perform the best, most dreamy track off their new album.

Life is good. Then you wake up.

• Like 4

iyu eopseo nan saenggin daero chic

spacer.png

now you speak french, talkin' 'bout we

spacer.png

• Like 3

Did somebody mentioned Alice?

sung-han-bin-sung-hanbin.gif

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pikachu said:

i mean that Jimin song is Top 10 on US Spotify, I think that alone tells you how real any of Hybe's Spotify stats are, and especially how NJ's streams immediately dropped to normal levels after the MHJ thing after smashing w the Get Up album.

19 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Just because they dropped on Spotify doesn't mean they still don't have the hybe privilege. 

About ive, IVE is like mile bigger than LSRF in Korea, plus they have a strong fanbase in china, Korea and Japan so I'm not surprised they're outselling LSRF.
Also they used to do better than LSRF on Spotify until Baddie era where they lost their international support, IVE has no company stans so it had to happen eventually. 

It took LSRF two years to get a TTH placement meanwhile it took few weeks for NJ, HYBE massively promoted NJ on Spotify so they could challenge BTS/BP but MHJ messed up. :nicole2:

I don't disagree that NJ were getting the heavy HYBE push at first, sis. My issue with HYBE currently is that we can regularly see all of their payola and it makes other acts look smaller because no major chart system is weeding out the obvious streaming fraud except Circle, where they're bombing. Look at "Standing Next To You" being a potential  Daesang winner despite being a flop in Korea all thanks to its Spotify performance. 

18 hours ago, Pluto6 said:

The gap between TWICE and SNSD is so huge, you have no idea :redface: 

SNSD are barely bigger than 2NE1 and Wonder Girls heck 2NE1 were bigger in Korea while Kara were bigger than them in Japan :ahh:

And you guys have the audacity to claim that SNSD are bigger than BTS 

spacer.png

Forever 1 - #5

One Spark - #126

Set Me Free - #94

Talk That Talk - #20

Scientist - #32

Alcohol Free - #6

Cry For Me - #164

I Can't Stop Me - #8

spacer.png

Wait. MADEIN is not promoting on music shows. Why?

Guys just want to share I just arrived to Korea and will be here for studies for a while and I wanna say I would be pressed asf if I was Bang PD and the first thing someone see when they arrive to Korea is this 

IMG-4309.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, katyberry said:

the likes :deadbanana4:

It was the other members who switched up on everything after saying they were okay with it (SM approved it and was/is getting royalties, they had no issues with the business)

But it's good to see more people finally waking up to something closer to the TRUTH 

OT: NINGNING can make it work, just look at Jennie. It all comes down to the group. 

ezgif-6-d6b1a3a4ad.gif

EDIT: That account deleted the tweet after harassment from a certain fanbase lol...

Edited by Zack

The true successors of 2NE1, eating up BlackPink, Babymonster and Meovv all in one performance. MTB

Your faves are too boring to do this.

6 hours ago, Nein said:

How is Tzuyu's solo doing?

Flopping on digitals ok on physicals 

As expected

momo-twice.gif

:clap3:CVNT  winning. Congratulations to the girls, this has been their year 

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

Forever 1 - #5

One Spark - #126

Set Me Free - #94

Talk That Talk - #20

Scientist - #32

Alcohol Free - #6

Cry For Me - #164

I Can't Stop Me - #8

spacer.png

TWICE are considered a Japan gg these days anyways.

Idk what you tried to prove here, cause TWICE are still way bigger than SNSD overall? 

spacer.png

Edited by Pluto6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Stray Kids doing a song for Tower of God again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pluto6 said:

Not you randomly trying to start a SKZ vs aespa fanwar :skull:

SKZ daily Spotify streams = 8,5M

aespa daily Spotify streams = 4,5M

SKZ literally have DOUBLE the amount of daily global streams as aespa, like so don't come for them :katie:

The least you could do is basic math and realize that stray kids 226 songs averaging 37k streams per day is not better than aespa's 34 songs averaging 132k streams per day. I'd hope an artist that has 6 times as many songs as aespa is doing more streams but only doubling their streams is actually extremely embarassing :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, illia said:

Stray Kids doing a song for Tower of God again

They are actually doing 2 songs again, one opening and one ending :jonny5:

The fact that their last opening OST for Tower of God was a smash hit in Japan, and is the longest charting song by a foreign artist in Oricon history :tornado:

They were also the first Kpop act to perform at The First Take with the ending song "Slump "

46 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

The least you could do is basic math and realize that stray kids 226 songs averaging 37k streams per day is not better than aespa's 34 songs averaging 132k streams per day. I'd hope an artist that has 6 times as many songs as aespa is doing more streams but only doubling their streams is actually extremely embarassing :ahh:

You can't really use average streams here, that's not how it works.

Those "226" SKZ songs need to be filtered out as well, since SKZ re-recorded their first 6 albums when a member left, which means that they will of course have more songs overall. For some reason their OT9 songs are not combined with the OT8 versions which is something groups usually do on Spotify, including combining Japanese versions etc.

SKZ's song "Double Knot" has for example 4 versions:

- OT9 version

- OT8 version

- OT8 Japanese version

- OT8 English version

Had it been any other company, those 4 versions would've been counted as 1 song on the Spotify page instead of 4 just like how HYBE did with LE SSERAFIM etc.

JYPE for some reason aren't doing that with SKZ.

Plus SKZ for some reason have duplicate versions of the exact same songs, who contributes NOTHING to their streams overall, since those duplicate versions have like only 500K streams overall.  

Edited by Pluto6

Anyways back to the most streamed 4h gen group globally :coffee2:

GW46vHCWcAAqVDB?format=jpg&name=large

9 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

Those "226" SKZ songs need to be filtered out as well, since SKZ re-recorded their first 6 albums when a member left, which means that they will of course have more songs overall. For some reason their OT9 songs are not combined with the OT8 versions which is something groups usually do on Spotify, including combining Japanese versions etc.

- OT9 version

- OT8 version

- OT8 Japanese version

- OT8 English version

Had it been any other company, those 4 versions would've been counted as 1 song on the Spotify page instead of 4 just like how HYBE did with LE SSERAFIM etc.

Plus SKZ for some reason have duplicate versions of the exact same songs, who contributes NOTHING to their streams overall, since those duplicate versions have like only 500K streams overall.  

waagh the math doesn't agree with me

tantrum-kid.gif

It must be hard success stanning for a group nobody normal has ever heard of :wave:

Edited by Sheep
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pluto6 said:

TWICE are considered a Japan gg these days anyways.

Idk what you tried to prove here, cause TWICE are still way bigger than SNSD overall? 

spacer.png

Relatively, SNSD are still the #1 girl group (and K-pop act) by far.

In terms of units, sure TWICE has passed SNSD. But that's just because the market has grown like crazy. It's like saying Crazy, an underperforming era, is bigger than every TWICE era until their third studio album just because it did moderately in a much larger market. 

36 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Stray Kids have yet to surpass RIIZE in digitals despite an almost 6 year head start. Why would anyone want to compare them to Aespa? :deadbanana: 

But not too much on Stray Kids - this might be the first time ever that a top boy group isn't full of criminals or terrible people (SuJu, BTS, Big Bang, etc.).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Sheep said:

waagh the math doesn't agree with me

tantrum-kid.gif

It must be hard success stanning for a group nobody normal has ever heard of :wave:

3 minutes ago, Eternium said:

In terms of units, sure TWICE has passed SNSD. But that's just because the market has grown like crazy. It's like saying Crazy, an underperforming era, is bigger than every TWICE era until their third studio album just because it did moderately in a much larger market. 

Stray Kids have yet to surpass RIIZE in digitals despite an almost 6 year head start. Why would anyone want to compare them to Aespa? :deadbanana: 

But not too much on Stray Kids - this might be the first time ever that a top boy group isn't full of criminals or terrible people (SuJu, BTS, Big Bang, etc.).

SKZ are indeed bigger than aespa though except for in Korea maybe

Edited by Pluto6

5 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Bestie SNSD's sales were surpassed plain and simple you need to let it go.  They're still relevant 17 years later and considered the top GG of all time in SK that should be enough. It's embarrassing atp.

tantrum-kid.gif

Edited by Sheep
  • Haha 1

I need this song to make a resurgence 

An absolute bop that may have been a few years ahead of its time for some people 

spacer.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

- OT9 version

- OT8 version

- OT8 Japanese version

- OT8 English version

Plus SKZ for some reason have duplicate versions of the exact same songs, who contributes NOTHING to their streams overall, since they have like only 500K streams overall.  

You realize that 226 is from the wikipedia article that aggregates their entire discog regardless of re-recordings into one list right? If they have MULTIPLE versions of their whole discog like this that makes the average even worse and makes you defending it even more embarrassing omg :ahh:

Kworb (Stray Kids - Spotify Top Songs (kworb.net)) also includes several instrumental versions of their khia singles, totaling to about 273 overall tracks not including versions in other languages which is WAY more than I had even anticipated. The average managed to get WORSE with 31k daily streams per track:ahh:

I'll actually be fair for 5 seconds. "Flop" group aespa is doubling SKZ track average with 66k average streams per day for 68 tracks (inluding instrumentals, remixes, etc to lower their average). aespa, a group that has basically been thrown between multiple labels amidst a company war for the past 3 years, is performing better on streaming per release than your alleged globally known favs.:ahh:

Remember that fuckass OST for Deadpool that y'all were gloating about a week ago? It's struggling to hit 20 million streams at the moment depsite the movie crossing 1.4 billion dollars. Meanwhile, an OST for a literal flop movie that NOBODY saw on apple tv passed 115 million streams this week. Guess what song it is?

Go back to arguing about Twice supposedly surpassing SNSD despite none of their soloists touching Taeyeon in any market besides whale farm album sales please.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.