K-Pop Thread: NewJeans Demand MinHeeHee Be Reinstated

Ryan

1 minute ago, Vrx. said:

Idk it's been several weeks since I've paid attention lol

iCQzDQCi.gif

The year was 2016. Tzuyu, age 16, was seen holding a little paper Taiwanese flag in a video. Everyone in China got bent out of shape about it because of geopolitical instability re: Taiwan-China relations and them thinking that Taiwan is part of China.

Instead of backing up Tzuyu, her country, her right to support her Taiwanese identity, and her country's independence and right to self-determination, JYP decided to bend over backwards to make the Chinese complainers happy because they risked losing their sales.

The agency forced Tzuyu to record a terrifying hostage-style apology video (it's still on their channel). She apologized for expressing her Taiwanese identity and read from a script that denounced Taiwan's independence, saying she "considers herself a Chinese person", that she's "proud to be Chinese", that "both sides of the Strait are one" and that "there's only one China".

and that's what you missed on Glee

iCQzDQCi.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 63.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

The year was 2016. Tzuyu, age 16, was seen holding a little paper Taiwanese flag in a video. Everyone in China got bent out of shape about it because of geopolitical instability re: Taiwan-China relations and them thinking that Taiwan is part of China.

Instead of backing up Tzuyu, her country, her right to support her Taiwanese identity, and her country's independence and right to self-determination, JYP decided to bend over backwards to make the Chinese complainers happy because they risked losing their sales.

The agency forced Tzuyu to record a terrifying hostage-style apology video (it's still on their channel). She apologized for expressing her Taiwanese identity and read from a script that denounced Taiwan's independence, saying she "considers herself a Chinese person", that she's "proud to be Chinese", that "both sides of the Strait are one" and that "there's only one China".

iCQzDQCi.gif

I will never forget this video, mind you she was only 16/17 back then, the trauma...

TWICE Tzuyu apology video for scandal [ ENG TRANS IN DESCRIPTION ] on Make  a GIF

"Run Away" has me in a chokehold. Tzuyu, her mind :heart:

Also let's appreciate her angelic daughters :heart2:

• Like 1

Most sone are 30 and have lives, careers and families. they aren't gonna be on a pop music forum talking about twice members :deadbanana:

I

Nearly every GG fan here are a fan of both. There is no real beef between them 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

iCQzDQCi.gif

Just heard her solo and it sounds like a Sunmi reject so I'm assuming it's flopping 

iCQzDQCi.gif

• Haha 1

now why is this one of the best kpop songs ever

iCQzDQCi.gif

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Most sone are 30 and have lives, careers and families. they aren't gonna be on a pop music forum talking about twice members :deadbanana:

I

Pretty sure there's 0 beef considering TWICE consistently has given SNSD their flowers and acknowledged that they would not even be a thing if it weren't for their previous success 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Xalric said:

I really want to know how many songs these three are going to record

Like they've been in the studio together at least one week every year for the last 10 years, but never a song came out of it. Wasting our time like that.

GD was still settling the rights to his name and everything as recently as July, I would not be shocked if he's just started recording his album.

CL was clearly planning solo activities last year before YG talks started - this batch of selfies is from the YG studio.

P is the goat crossover producer and I pray he's working with both but it's more likely that they were just hanging out and playing music since they're all very old friends.

3 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Pretty sure there's 0 beef considering TWICE consistently has given SNSD their flowers and acknowledged that they would not even be a thing if it weren't for their previous success 

and SNSD have shown them love back time and again

17 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I

It's literally like saying that all sone are anti-blink because I exist when almost every sone here is also a Blink. You have to be a special type of delusional.

• Like 2

Billboard Global 200 Charts [2024.09.07]
#1 #Jimin - '#Who' (#12) [-4]

#2 #LISA - '#NewWoman' (#33) [-18]

#3 #JungKook - '#Seven' (#83) [-6]

#4 #ILLIT - '#Magnetic' (#102) [-11]

#5 #aespa - '#Supernova' (#106) [-18]

#6 #StrayKids - '#ChkChkBoom' (#111) [-26]

The "fad" groups that literally dont cahrt in the US because they dont get a label push are out charting this alleged global group with months old songs. Why? 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Odette Violet said:

Her eyes. They think hers is not natural 

She's the new target for kpoppies in twitter and tiktok for just looking "pretty"  :deadbanana4:

Jesus, this is absolutely awful. Twitter k-pop stans always love to act with moral superiority, but are the first ones to jump on a hate bandwagon for the smallest thing. I hope this doesn't affect her, UNIS released a BOP recently and if those people cared about the music that's what they'd make it go viral.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OrbitNumber1 said:

Jesus, this is absolutely awful. Twitter k-pop stans always love to act with moral superiority, but are the first ones to jump on a hate bandwagon for the smallest thing. I hope this doesn't affect her, UNIS released a BOP recently and if those people cared about the music that's what they'd make it go viral.

she's chronically online, she definitely saw them :biblio:

anyway stan this Queen and she's a  filipina so she can SING

• Like 1

I always forget Kpop has so many insecure teen girls as a primary demo. So basically they moved on from Wonyoung to Gehlee for the same reasons. Good job making her famous!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

she's chronically online, she definitely saw them :biblio:

anyway stan this Queen and she's a  filipina so she can SING

obsessed with their inability to find the key or hit the right notes actually my god 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

better not be sunglasses

spacer.png

It's gowns great gowns and beautiful gowns for sure

spacer.png

speaking of Gehlee, any pop group would definitely benefit for having a filipina singer like the track record is already there :clap3:

Edited by Odette Violet

werk queen. We love a vocalist who can also dance :giraffe:

4 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

is Gehlee the new it girl?

She's one of the top 5 it girls of Unis.

:cm:

7 hours ago, starstruckaj said:

Another day, another survival show. But this time no minors allowed! Everyone has to 19 or older so I'm kinda perched; MNET would never.

There was that Queendom variant that formed the Stale7up girl group.  Lesson learned.

Edited by harrythevifan

11 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

There was that Queendom variant that formed the Stale7up girl group.  Lesson learned.

Why everybody involved with that show and group acts like it never existed? :lakitu:

3 hours ago, Xalric said:

I really want to know how many songs these three are going to record

Like they've been in the studio together at least one week every year for the last 10 years, but never a song came out of it. Wasting our time like that.

they're still working on the same song

MRtnu11.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.