K-Pop Thread: Red Velvet we love you so much; stream Cosmic!

Ryan

17 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

girl, you’re absolutely making 0 sense it’s insane. this has nothing to do with ETA. the entire LGBT community in korea right now is offended because IU is using a slogan that the lgbt community is using RIGHT NOW to fight for our human rights, but iu is ALLEGEDLY stealing it for her own aesthetic and self-centered story. don’t you see how disrespectful she is? like other users on here said, it’s like if someone made a song called "me too" today. :rip:

i tried to show you why this was a problem and why the LGBT community is offended but you probably didn’t even read the article explaining the situation that i’ve sent you, even though the article is neutral and exposes both point of views.

now, there’s a CURRENT movement right now, using "love wins" as a slogan, to fight for marriage equality in korea. at the same time, iu comes and steal that phrase (that is once again synonymous of LGBT rights), and tries to make profit for her own gains without even mentioning the lgbt community one time. 

how hard is it for you to understand that an artist as powerful as IU deliberately stealing our slogan that people DIED for and that is also heavily linked with the killing of gay people in mass shootings for her own self-centered (allegedly) concept is dangerous and problematic?

and like i showed you yesterday, there’s NO WAY she doesn’t know about the cultural context around this particular phrase because when you look up for "love wins" on namu wiki there’s only LGBT related stuff.f

so there’s only two explanations:

- iu is stupid and doesn’t know the historical and societal importance and meaning of words she uses, which is alarming for someone who’s famous for her songwritting

- she doesn’t give a **** about the LGBT community and is stealing the slogans of ongoing pro mariage equality movement to redirect the spotlight on herself

I know about this slogan used in the LGBT community. I also know from a single google search "love wins" is also several other songs, a religious book, a restaurant, a detoxification center, a moisturizer, a curling iron and so on.

We are not going to agree. You think you, or a group of people are entitled to use a term like love wins while no one else can, and I disagree.

• Like 1

• Replies 50.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

this doesn't count as that Japanese debut Seunghan is coming back for that I was talking about

2NaDVQR.gif

13 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

I know about this slogan used in the LGBT community. I also know from a single google search "love wins" is also several other songs, a religious book, a restaurant, a detoxification center, a moisturizer, a curling iron and so on.

We are not going to agree. You think you, or a group of people are entitled to use a term like love wins while no one else can, and I disagree.

this wasn’t a simple google search lmao you’re simply vomiting on atrl all the propaganda on copium that iu stans have been tweeting all week

this is literally white people saying "why can’t we use all lives matter?" all over again but this time with heterosexuals asking why they cannot use queer slogans :rip:

also not you saying "a group of people" in that tone in a website that is mainly that particular group of people!!! absolutely terrifying

28 minutes ago, katyberry said:

What is there to focus on? 

Thank you for proving my point :dies:

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

this wasn’t a simple google search lmao you’re simply vomiting on atrl all the propaganda on copium that iu stans have been tweeting all week

this is literally white people saying "why can’t we use all lives matter?" all over again but this time with heterosexuals asking why they cannot use queer slogans :rip:

also not you saying "a group of people" in that tone in a website that is mainly that particular group of people!!! absolutely terrifying

You are the one doing propaganda spamming about LGBT issues in a Kpop thread about a Kpop song that has nothing to do with it :redface:

If I was mean I'd say you and others are using IU for clout to push your agenda and give your cause more visibility with IU name:biblionny: But I'm not mean I will simply say you are passionate about LGBT issues and I think it's respectable. As Nmixx Lily would say, I love that for you.

Heart Christmas GIF

Edited by geniecantstophypeboy

Genuinely confused by companies making european songs for the US market. :sad: starshit is so out of touch I fear considering Icona Pop never made it big in US. Where was this energy for love dive and after like which are much more appealing to global audience?

I think the remake is also a little flat and soulless compared to the original :rip: 

1 minute ago, EndofASadMovie said:

Genuinely confused by companies making european songs for the US market. :sad: starshit is so out of touch I fear considering Icona Pop never made it big in US. Where was this energy for love dive and after like which are much more appealing to global audience?

I think the remake is also a little flat and soulless compared to the original :rip: 

This energy wasn't here for love dive and after like because their investors weren't breathing down their neck at the time to be like Newjeans and be popular in the west too :cm: If Newjeans didn't become popular in the west, I think most Kpop companies would stick to East Asia / Asia like they have been doing.

2 hours ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

itzy realeased a listenable song after 3 years and suddenly their fans think they have the right to come for someone of higher status like godspa

Sit down, pigs.

:dies:

3 hours ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

IVE last album and All Night. the start of their downfall i fear

we need a redemption arc next comeback

need starshiT to wake up fast asap and fix everything

their management of IVE has been a mess since the I’VE IVE era tbh :rip:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

need starshiT to wake up fast asap and fix everything

their management of IVE has been a mess since the I’VE IVE era tbh :rip:

It's time for Starship to ult: WONYOUNG SOLO DEBUT; title track: Strawberry 

wonyoung-strawverry-izone-wonyoung.gif

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

You are the one doing propaganda spamming about LGBT issues in a Kpop thread about a Kpop song that has nothing to do with it :redface:

If I was mean I'd say you and others are using IU for clout to push your agenda and give your cause more visibility with IU name:biblionny: But I'm not mean I will simply say you are passionate about LGBT issues and I think it's respectable. As Nmixx Lily would say, I love that for you.

Heart Christmas GIF

this is such an insane take but okay

of course i’m asking other iu fans what they’ve been thinking about this issue on here since iu is a kpop artist and this controversy has been trending at #1 in korea for like 4 days in a row now and publications like the Korea Times are picking the story up

mainstream medias are also starting to talk about it

https://n.news.naver.com/article/016/0002253363?sid=103

but i get that you’re so overly obsessed with kpop that you have absolutely no clue about what’s happening in the real world :hug:

“Finish the rest of the week and I’ll comeback with good news”

album announcement next week?! :duca::duca:

You just know IU Love Wins is about to be her biggest song yet :WAP: Her Ditto is coming :duca:

She’s booked!! She said she’s been having non-stop schedules

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

@Darkling @kendoll2001 the ZB1 fanbase is self-destructing lately on Twitter

fumou-toda-fake.gif

It’s SO toxic :dies: I’m just minding my business, here for Zhang Hao

IMG-9646.jpg

29 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

This energy wasn't here for love dive and after like because their investors weren't breathing down their neck at the time to be like Newjeans and be popular in the west too :cm: If Newjeans didn't become popular in the west, I think most Kpop companies would stick to East Asia / Asia like they have been doing

That's so sad imo. They already gained momentum in the west with lover dive and that's when they shoud've done some promos and pushed the song into playlists. After Like peaked at #83 on US Spotify and that was a sign of a growing audience and fanbase ( did nobody in their team notify the company about this??? ) but for some reason they didn't bother promoting or put it into playlists. They had the opportunity to strike the iron while they're hot and new but they fumbled their potential so hard in the west. Their recent EST releases feel sour because of this. 

• Like 1

i think it’s time for them to give us an izone reunion

Not this being reposted once a month :deadbanana2: She is so cool :jonnycat:

10 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

It’s SO toxic :dies: I’m just minding my business, here for Zhang Hao

IMG-9646.jpg

not the rat plushie

fumou-toda-fake.gif

• Haha 4

the song is whatever but these pics are so cute :monkey:

they really wasted this opportunity ugh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.