K-Pop Thread: Idol Hunks Get Wet and Wild at Waterbomb Festival

Ryan

Just now, geniecantstophypeboy said:

If they can't carve their own niche and find their own sound and pace after 2 years, chances are they won't later either. :deadbanana2:

Allegedly, Unforgiven concluded a trilogy and Easy is a new era.

Yet, everything released so far gave nothing but more of the same, with fewer clothes on. I wonder why.

white-woman-saying-oh.gif

I'm choosing to ignore the thinly veiled slutshaming to focus on the stupidity on full display here

• Replies 53k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

4 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Do you guys even listen to le sserafim ? They released countless perfect night typa songs before NJ debuted

spacer.png

It was the first time they released a step- garage song which is what Newjeans often put. Like we can tell Bang PD thought of them lol. Otherwise he would have let the song like it was originally teased 

Edited by Adama

Just now, katyberry said:

LE SSERAFIM - COMEBACK SHOWCASE: EASY (Announcement Poster) : r/kpop

Le Sserafim were doing that kind of music even before NewJeans debut

And NewJeans didn’t invent that teaser concept, it was done they were even born with The Virgin S#icides

the-virgin-suicides-speciwomen3.jpg

Anything else?

1 minute ago, Butters said:

I'm choosing to ignore the thinly veiled slutshaming to focus on the stupidity on full display here

Their previous releases were a mixed bag and those teasers hint at more mixed bags. More questions? :gaycat5:

1 minute ago, illia said:

There's a difference between Perfect Night and Sour Grapes/Impurities! Also them all of a sudden switching up styling and vibe to be "refreshing".....

Newjeans Newjeans Walking GIF - Newjeans Newjeans Walking GIFs

Oh le sserafraud...at the end of the day, even other hybe labels want a piece of the newjeans cake

Im not commenting on the full on thesis of Lesserafim not having a “musical identity”…… but i do have a bone to pick with HYBE for putting all those old songs on their album and ruining the tracklist :biblio:

2 minutes ago, illia said:

And NewJeans didn’t invent that teaser concept, it was done they were even born with The Virgin S#icides

the-virgin-suicides-speciwomen3.jpg

Anything else?

None of these songs are similar? 

perfect night-  2 step garage 

sour grapes - pop/rnb/ bossa nova 

blue flame- retro/disco 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

If they can't carve their own niche and find their own sound and pace after 2 years, chances are they won't later either. :deadbanana2:

Allegedly, Unforgiven concluded a trilogy and Easy is a new era.

Yet, everything released so far gave nothing but more of the same, with fewer clothes on. I wonder why.

Their niche is just pop music and bops, same as IVE

as others mentioned, perfect night sounds like the usual chill b sides that they have

the only thing that was remotely similar to NJ is the beginning of the choreo where they are talking to each other

spacer.png

That LesMiserables merch photoshoot was so good. Almost made me want to buy some!

also before the release they literally said perfect night sounded similar to impurities :coffee2:

Edited by hallucinate

1 hour ago, illia said:

What musical identity do IVE have that makes them more *creative* than LSRFM?

IVE are the ABBA of Kpop though, with their strong melodies and straight up pop sound. The "Ooohh" part in Love Dive could low key sound like and ABBA sample for example

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

I'll have you know it's a popular opinion on social media, I'm a bit surprised some people here disagree. 

i bet the same people who dont like unforgiven... :toofunny3:

Sheep coming for LSR when SM always steals from other top groups. They lost the plot  spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Am I wrong, though? 

spacer.png

Unforgiven teasers were the biggest whiplash in recent times in Kpop and a clear example of overcompensating for the mid release with expensive marketing and style over substance.

Other labels would have put more thought, spent more time and money on the album and comeback itself and less on the teasers.

I actually don't disagree with you about the fact LE SSERAFIM doesn't have a remarkable musical identity and direction, but at the same time, I don't see It as a problem If It's working for them. If they are being successful and there is a solid audience for them being the way they are, then It's the right way to go. 

Just now, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Their previous releases were a mixed bag and those teasers hint at more mixed bags. More questions? :gaycat5:

You're not actually saying anything of substance. I'll give it to you that Unforgiven lacked direction but Easy will be their most cohesive project since Fearless judging by the sound.

Lets talk about ART and ARTISTRY in Kpop

• Thanks 2

If I'm wrong and their next album is great and turn lesserafim into the baddest reggaeton queens they are, we win.

If I'm right, and they give another undercooked release, I win.

Either way, it's a win. 

I have been anticipating all their releases so far and stayed hopeful, but I don't see much improvement on that front, and i think it's too bad.

I remember the day Attention was released, that everyone including myself were claiming that it was NewJeans who was "copying" LE SSERAFIM, since Attention had a very minimalistic and chill sound like Fearless

Edited by Pluto6

Yoona performed old SNSD Japanese songs at her tour last night and said Karma butterfly & All my love is for you is her favorite SSJS songs. 
Taste!!

Also Taeyeon still #2 on all charts:deadbanana4:

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

I remember the day Attention was released, that everyone including myself were claiming that it was NewJeans who was "copying" LE SSERAFIM, since Attention had a very minimalistic and chill sound like Fearless

things that never happened

• Haha 11

Me Spending my entire tax refund on Aespa Crocs and Karina Photocards:lakitu:

spacer.png

• Like 2

Le Sserafim definitely had a musical identity during their first two eras, the decline started with Unforgiven 

The Little NewJeansters (what’s their base called? Cookies or something?) are rapidly approaching Stink level delusions of grandeur and victimhood complex

Except it took the Stinks several years to start acting like everybody wanted to copy and/or destroy Blackpink, the Cookies are speedrunning

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

My man casually going viral from these reality shows, such an it boi :gaycat3:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.