K-Pop Thread: Idol Hunks Get Wet and Wild at Waterbomb Festival

Ryan

5 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

I think many Kpop groups generally strike a good balance between desire for commercial success and creative expression. Aespa have that SM experimental sound and image, Ive have a very strong musical identity, GIdle and Stray Kids mix spectacle and more personal input/message, Newjeans also have a very strong musical identity and do a lot of work with indie / non Kpop / non mainstream 3rd parties. That's alongside the usual collaboration with big brands and other promotional tactics. For Lesserafin, the balance leans heavily toward the latter. They don't have a creative identity as much. Their unforgiven album was also the weakest album among all the artists I mentioned here.

What musical identity do IVE have that makes them more *creative* than LSRFM?

white-woman-saying-oh.gif

• Replies 53k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

1 minute ago, illia said:

And yeah you aren’t gonna come for IVE 

spacer.png

Edited by Dialamba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

its like they saw the organic success of eve psyche and instead of carving their own sound with that, they just stole a nugu demo :rip:

• Like 1

the way swan song is gonna eclipse easy. another eve vs unforgiven moment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

And yeah you aren’t gonna come for IVE 

spacer.png

I’m not, I like some of their music, but pretending that their “creative identity” (which is Western demos and rejects) is stronger than LSRFM’s (which is also Western demos and rejects) is kinda funny

They both are very similar in that regard actually

2 hours ago, Chemist said:

What is RIIZE doing in the top 5?

The most suprising thing for me is there are 3 SM songs in the top 10

Unforgiven is NOT a good song. So the LSFM girlies are 2/3 in terms of title tracks.  Sorry :doc:

17 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

I think many Kpop groups generally strike a good balance between desire for commercial success and creative expression. Aespa have that SM experimental sound and image, Ive have a very strong musical identity, GIdle and Stray Kids mix spectacle and more personal input/message, Newjeans also have a very strong musical identity and do a lot of work with indie / non Kpop / non mainstream 3rd parties. That's alongside the usual collaboration with big brands and other promotional tactics. For Lesserafin, the balance leans heavily toward the latter. They don't have a creative identity as much. Their unforgiven album was also the weakest album among all the artists I mentioned here.

God stop talking its embarassing

7 minutes ago, illia said:

Ive have a lot of bops with beautiful melodies and generally release cohesive albums. Their producers are working hard.

Lesserafim show hints of reggaeton inspired music but that stops here. Instead of committing and exploring a particular sound, they take some shortcuts and throw random western demos in there with some remixes and call it an album.

• Haha 1

It's true that LE SSERAFIM is very business and success focus, bus so is IVE (who is exactly like LSRFM) and STAYC (who is a group made by the ego of producers thinking they have the formula to create hit songs with no real substance).

1 minute ago, sunny said:

God stop talking its embarassing

I'll have you know it's a popular opinion on social media, I'm a bit surprised some people here disagree. 

1 minute ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Ive have a lot of bops with beautiful melodies and generally release cohesive albums. Their producers are working hard.

Lesserafim show hints of reggaeton inspired music but that stops here. Instead of committing and exploring a particular sound, they take some shortcuts and throw random western demos in there with some remixes and call it an album.

the faux deep dive genre analysis for an act that has had TWO (2) comebacks

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Ive have a very strong musical identity

I don't think so, the only releases of that group that ressemble each other and follow similar aesthetic would be Love Dive/I am, they just release catchy tunes for success, LSF have a way stronger identity.

The Garam less versions of songs is not even the worst part of the album since it was expected. 

Like as an I-DLE Stan you'd be surprised how much the Shuhua bars are harassing CUBE for Soojin less versions of their early singles.

Edited by Xalric

13 minutes ago, Xalric said:

It's true that LE SSERAFIM is very business and success focus, bus so is IVE (who is exactly like LSRFM) and STAYC (who is a group made by the ego of producers thinking they have the formula to create hit songs with no real substance).

Kinda crazy how both BEP and Brave Bros, failed to replicate the success of the groups they gave music to, with their own groups, specially Brave Bros, as StayC is kinda big, but still haven't managed to release "THE" catchy tune they need for their CU-TT moment.

isn't that the same user that went scorched earth for HyunA a few weeks ago

IMG_6438.gif?ex=65dc5b35&is=65c9e635&hm=

• Haha 1

Min Heejin should sue Source Music...but actually she would also have to take action against the entire kpop industry too 

2 minutes ago, katyberry said:

Min Heejin should sue Source Music..

For what? There’s not a single song on that album that is exclusively NewJeans

• Like 2

For what? There’s not a single song on that album that is exclusively NewJeans

Anybody can see the newjeans print on Le Sserafim for the past few months! 

Just now, katyberry said:

Anybody can see the newjeans print on Le Sserafim for the past few months! 

What print exactly?

15 minutes ago, Butters said:

the faux deep dive genre analysis for an act that has had TWO (2) comebacks

If they can't carve their own niche and find their own sound and pace after 2 years, chances are they won't later either. :deadbanana2:

Allegedly, Unforgiven concluded a trilogy and Easy is a new era.

Yet, everything released so far gave nothing but more of the same, with fewer clothes on. I wonder why.

What print exactly?

LE SSERAFIM - COMEBACK SHOWCASE: EASY (Announcement Poster) : r/kpop

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

It's been like that for a while. Better focus on the positions than the actual #'s :giraffe:

What’s chocking about their position? They don’t have high uls 

24 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

I don't think so, the only releases of that group that ressemble each other and follow similar aesthetic would be Love Dive/I am, they just release catchy tunes for success, LSF have a way stronger identity.

LSRFM does have an identity  bc of their image and them focusing on the performances but definitely not bc of their music. Their peers def have a stronger musical identity. Their last project was so uncohesive, it was all over the place.  

Edited by Adama

Do you guys even listen to le sserafim ? They released countless perfect night typa songs before NJ debuted

spacer.png

LSRF has the best brand appeal for 4th gen but yeah sometimes their concepts are all over the place and their albums aren’t really cohesive :celestial3:

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.