K-Pop Thread: Idol Hunks Get Wet and Wild at Waterbomb Festival

Ryan

18 minutes ago, Chemist said:

aespa Drama serving longevity :clap3: I have milked that song for all its worth 

I'm ready for the next era 

• Like 4

• Replies 53k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

3 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

He looks like BamBam here low key

white-woman-saying-oh.gif

11 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

sucks that melon is dead

it’s way more interesting to follow than youtube music (with hourly updates and ULs) :monkey:

Especially when a song is close to get a RAK! 

3 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Lesserafim is the most commercial active Kpop group atp.

The project is run by Bang PD, a businessman, and it shows. There is little originality, creativity or subtlety that goes into anything they do and everything feels too on the nose. Buy out popular trainees, bring in expensive famous foreign producers, buy the same western demos through Scooter Braun, recycle the same concept outfits and "hot girl dancing" formula again and again, push 1 million remixes, hammer 1 million tiktoks, release half-baked albums, buy promotion with usual big names in the industry, variety shows / influencers / youtubers, push more promotion with the Hybe Family program... Quantity over quality.

It's not bad, but it's a bit souless. :ducky:

Maybe it’s part of Yunjin storyline who will  change the idol industry! She will first change how LSRFM is handled then the idol industry :cm: 

8 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

Please don't remind me of this :penguin: 

Btw, I can see Han opening an IG account later this year, while Lee Knowles would neva' sadly :penguin:

It appeared in my timeline and It occurred to me It wouldn't make any difference If Han's account existed cause 

He simply doesn't care 

Lee Know is not far behind :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

The way LE SSERAFIM have never missed with their title tracks and are 3/3 so far, only if we use the Fearless (Cassie remix) version instead of the original :clap3:Otherwise they would 2/3, cause we don't claim the original Fearless over here I fear

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, newaespa said:

AVvXsEiPJV4_lleQOKjJoSlktn_u3kjLNRYQlVpi

:deadbanana2:

You can't just drop a chart full of Korean without any context

But lemme guess it's either Twice or Itzy

spacer.png

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

It appeared in my timeline and It occurred to me It wouldn't make any difference If Han's account existed cause 

He simply doesn't care 

I feel like almost every member has been very low key lately except for Hyunlix and Changbin :penguin: 

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, newaespa said:

AVvXsEiPJV4_lleQOKjJoSlktn_u3kjLNRYQlVpi

:deadbanana2:

I can name like 10 groups who have similar chart runs :suburban: who is this

9 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

He simply doesn't care 

My life is so hard

voyezten-hyoyeon.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Pluto6 said:

I feel like every member has been very low key except for Hyunlix and Changbin :penguin: 

Felix has been inactive for some time since he was doing voluntary work in Laos, but he and Hyunjin are usually very active indeed. 

Chan has been surprisingly active recently, updating about his whole Australia trip. :celestial4:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

I can name like 10 groups who have similar chart runs :suburban: who is this

18 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

The project is run by Bang PD, a businessman, and it shows. There is little originality, creativity or subtlety that goes into anything they do and everything feels too on the nose. Buy out popular trainees, bring in expensive famous foreign producers, buy the same western demos through Scooter Braun, recycle the same concept outfits and "hot girl dancing" formula again and again, push 1 million remixes, hammer 1 million tiktoks, release half-baked albums, buy promotion with usual big names in the industry, variety shows / influencers / youtubers, push more promotion with the Hybe Family program... Quantity over quality.

Another day, another wickedly salty hot take from Ms. genicantstophypeboy

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

My life is so hard

voyezten-hyoyeon.gif

Maybe It's you jinxing, Oprah

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Mitsuki said:

Felix has been inactive for some time since he was doing voluntary work in Laos, but he and Hyunjin are usually very active indeed. 

Chan has been surprisingly active recently, updating about his whole Australia trip. :celestial4:

Chan is still perpetually on Bubble (or whatever the app is called now) tryna convince stans that he's their boyfriend

voyezten-hyoyeon.gif

21 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

It could be a copypasta

spacer.png

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

whatever that means

The project is run by Bang PD, a businessman, and it shows.

:eek:starting off with a very astute exposition 

There is little originality, creativity or subtlety that goes into anything they do and everything feels too on the nose.

with that monstrosity of a username:redface:

"hot girl dancing" formula 

no comment

if theres anyone that needs to work on subtlety its you with this post:ducky:

• Like 2

Just now, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Chan is still perpetually on Bubble (or whatever the app is called now) tryna convince stans that he's their boyfriend

voyezten-hyoyeon.gif

He's really not that active on bbl usually. Before he started updating about Australia, he was almost a month without posting there. 

45 minutes ago, Adama said:

You’re focusing on Riize when the big problem is how even a digimon like IU can’t even get 300k uls and the #2 barely getting 200k  :deadbanana4:

it’s tragic 

It's been like that for a while. Better focus on the positions than the actual #'s :giraffe:

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

it’s just too good

spacer.png

Nile Rodgers oppa you will always be famous

bI0qGQh.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Girl this is kpop, it's always been soulless, starting with English demos, overrehearsed robotic choreos and members not being allowed to write music, to scandals like god forbid a 30 year old man with dіck and balls dares to hold hands with a woman :deadbanana4: You just described the entire industry so idk why Le Sserafim are the only ones under the attack

Edited by illia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

bring back the aes and kwangya :psych:

1 hour ago, Reginald said:

aespa Drama serving longevity :clap3: I have milked that song for all its worth 

I'm ready for the next era 

:clap3: we all do

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

It could be a copypasta

spacer.png

Am I wrong, though? 

spacer.png

Unforgiven teasers were the biggest whiplash in recent times in Kpop and a clear example of overcompensating for the mid release with expensive marketing and style over substance.

Other labels would have put more thought, spent more time and money on the album and comeback itself and less on the teasers.

we need this LSFM 

white-woman-saying-oh.gif

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

bring back the aes and kwangya :psych:

The way I am literally mourning the loss of the aes and everything! I hate SM 3.0 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, illia said:

Girl this is kpop, it's always been soulless, starting with English demos, overrehearsed robotic choreos and members not being allowed to write music, to scandals like god forbid a 30 year old man with dіck and balls dares to hold hands with a woman :deadbanana4: You just described the entire industry so idk why Le Sserafim are the only ones under the attack

I think many Kpop groups generally strike a good balance between desire for commercial success and creative expression. Aespa have that SM experimental sound and image, Ive have a very strong musical identity, GIdle and Stray Kids mix spectacle and more personal input/message, Newjeans also have a very strong musical identity and do a lot of work with indie / non Kpop / non mainstream 3rd parties. That's alongside the usual collaboration with big brands and other promotional tactics. For Lesserafin, the balance leans heavily toward the latter. They don't have a creative identity as much. Their unforgiven album was also the weakest album among all the artists I mentioned here.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.