K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

1 hour ago, Zack said:

I'm VERY surprised but optimistic for her, I think it would be better for her to just stay in SM (whether RV stays as 5 this year or not). 

Seulgi's position is confusing to me. It was revealed last year that she had "renewed" sometime in 2021, but this press release hints that it was maybe for longer than the standard 3 year extension. We don't really know since SM hasn't confirmed details directly like they have for Irene now.

Wendy, Joy and Yeri's contract status is unknown, but it's expected that Wendy and Joy's will expire this August, if they don't renew.

Is there a reason why their contract renews are so far from each other (Seulgi long ago, Irene now and no news from the other three) :soda:? Usually we see news mentioning all the members.

• Replies 52.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

13 minutes ago, VelvetCrush said:

Is there a reason why their contract renews are so far from each other (Seulgi long ago, Irene now and no news from the other three) :soda:? Usually we see news mentioning all the members.

What I think is that they all "renewed" in 2021 (Yeri in 2022) for a 3 year extension until this year. Though SM never announced it at the time. SM revealed in the media that Seulgi had "renewed" in 2021 last year possibly due to speculation and/or maybe damage control to distract from EXO contract issues.

But either Seulgi's contract will be up for renewal again (since it's almost 3 years since the last renewal) or she agreed to a longer extension. We don't have details on that yet.

As for Wendy, Joy and Yeri...simply nothing has been said, but Wendy and Joy have openly criticized SM lately. News about Irene appeared last year which suggested she was planning NOT to renew. Whether that was leaked by SM to put pressure on her or maybe even vice versa to force SM to offer a better contract...we can't be sure but it's interesting that a few months after that news...she's renewed.

Edited by Zack
  • Like 1

Edited by youresotoxic
  • Like 3

GFs7tuiasAAGRUt?format=jpg&name=medium

queen looks amazing :jonny:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youresotoxic said:

we love him

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522qhnup17aeh6fsc2y19

• Like 1

9 million KRW for a Eunseok photocard :deadbanana4:that's like $7k USD

it-boy status

he is so pretty

"I love your fag"

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, youresotoxic said:

And Taeyong apparently at the end of this month.

I hope dream returns to bops like Boom and We Go Up.

30 minutes ago, Butters said:

latinafim agenda is alive and well :giraffe:

they are gonna deliver yet again, we CAN stand it

3 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

:ahh: 

god I really hope its music related :rip: 

False alarm lolll I totally forgot about her annual birthday photobook. It’s looking more like that’s what it is

TREASURE attended Junghwan’s graduation in support

Hyoyeon is going on her 2nd USA Tour:jonny6: beating the SNSD solo artist are Local allegations. Need SM to give Taeyeon a real world tour now

• Like 3

le serrafim is the best girl group of all time, why? :lakitu:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Hyoyeon is going on her 2nd USA Tour:jonny6: beating the SNSD solo artist are Local allegations. Need SM to give Taeyeon a real world tour now

the way SM still comes thru for Hyo's solo career :clap3:

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 9:48 PM, youresotoxic said:

I'm confused? Is she finally free from her shitty label. Who is she signed to now? She out of all the soloists from her generation needs to a proper comeback and asap. Are we getting Bare And Rare Part 2? I have so many questions!

On 2/5/2024 at 9:47 PM, youresotoxic said:

She's an odd to me. I like her because she's different. Dark and edgy but she has yet to wow me if that makes any sense?

1 hour ago, Mel. said:

The baby is not so much a baby anymore :clap3:

Wait he turned 18 last year why is he graduating in 2024?

5 hours ago, Zack said:

I'm kinda shocked!

A proper RV World Tour better be part of her terms for renewal, cause istg SM really botched the previous one...  :gaycat5:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.