Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

3 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

zhang-hao-boys-planet.thumb.gif.e75c4730

chilli is still a thing? chile

Lisa ate at the French Gala but I'm a bit scared.

Jennie and Rose are in the studio working on new music, Jisoo booked and busy as an actress, and Lisa...?? There have been no news about her signing a contract with any company, no pics in the studio. What is she even doing right now? 

I mean, it's not my business, it's her own life and she can do whatever she wants, but I just wonder what her plans are. Does she even want to be on stage?

11 minutes ago, Xalric said:

I come back to this:

Jaden Jeong exposed BBC CEO last year:

The CEO claimed that LOONA pre-debut eras cost around $9M, and Jaden Jeong said it cost a bit less than $3M.

The CEO of ATTRAKT claimed that he bought the rights to the demo for Cupid for ₩1b which is around 90% of the I-DLE budget for the whole album + MVs + Photoshoot + Glam etc...

I think that depends on how many songs and MVs they are releasing. $1M for a single album with 1 MV would be really high.

A MV like GI-DLE's wife is simply a white room with some costume changes and some post-production editing, that doesn't cost more than $50k to make.

More ambitious MVs with a big crew, actors, backup dancers, big production sets, taking place over several days, in another country can easily cost 10 times as much.

I don't know where Super Ladies was filmed but from the teasers I can see there is a lot going on and I have no doubt the MV costs are in the $100,000's.
Loona's debut had many MVs all filmed in different countries, that's why the costs are so high.

7 minutes ago, illia said:

Jennie and Rose are in the studio working on new music, Jisoo booked and busy as an actress, and Lisa...?? There have been no news about her signing a contract with any company, no pics in the studio. What is she even doing right now? 

I mean, it's not my business, it's her own life and she can do whatever she wants, but I just wonder what her plans are. Does she even want to be on stage?

Maitre Gims french rapper (well I think you know him), said that Lisa actually came for free and without anything to promote. Which is like okay great your selfless, but you need to work now.

8 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

I think that depends on how many songs and MVs they are releasing. $1M for a single album with 1 MV would be really high.

A MV like GI-DLE's wife is simply a white room with some costume changes and some post-production editing, that doesn't cost more than $50k to make.

More ambitious MVs with a big crew, actors, backup dancers, big production sets, taking place over several days, in another country can easily cost 10 times as much.

I don't know where Super Ladies was filmed but from the teasers I can see there is a lot going on and I have no doubt the MV costs are in the $100,000's.
Loona's debut had many MVs all filmed in different countries, that's why the costs are so high.

I don't know where it was filmed either but the Producers and crews posted it day by day, and the final day of filming the MV was day 5.

• Like 1

Some music video budgets that I found:

TREASURE - Jikjin (416K)

2ne1 - come back to me (467K)

Not sure how reliable they are, but according to this (https://blog.jambox.io/what-is-the-highest-budget-k-pop-music-video/#:~:text=The budget for the “Idol,the Busan Asiad Main Stadium.)

BTS - Idol (1.3M)

blackpink - As if its your last (800K)

EXO - Monster (660K)

1 hour ago, Pluto6 said:

Idk, why these clueless 40 year olds in the company thought that people worldwide would be blown away by this group and their Disney Channel music:snowman:

like honestly they would work great as a lemonade mouth/ high school musical/ cheetah girls disney+ series as a group of young girls becoming a girl group, not as a serious contender for any major western girl groups on billboard

39 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

Some music video budgets that I found:

TREASURE - Jikjin (416K)

2ne1 - come back to me (467K)

Not sure how reliable they are, but according to this (https://blog.jambox.io/what-is-the-highest-budget-k-pop-music-video/#:~:text=The budget for the “Idol,the Busan Asiad Main Stadium.)

BTS - Idol (1.3M)

blackpink - As if its your last (800K)

EXO - Monster (660K)

That seems really high for some of those videos, I watched the Treasure one, it's them dancing in a parking lot and driving cars :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, illia said:

According to Vogue Thailand she filmed TWD spin off in Paris. But yeah, no news regarding her musical career. It’s interesting bc we used to have rumors about big companies wanting to sign her (plus the unrealistic 80 millions dollars deal) but so far nothing. We saw Rosé having a lunch with the President of Columbia + her being in studio.Jennie manager following RR and UMG reported one of her AI song on YouTube and she was in studio in LA too.

I don’t think Lisa visited the states since the end of the tour? 

10 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

That seems really high for some of those videos, I watched the Treasure one, it's them dancing in a parking lot and driving cars :deadbanana2:

I think they counted the cars :suburban:

But other TREASURE music videos look more expensive, similar to BLACKPINK

2 hours ago, Xalric said:

I come back to this:

Jaden Jeong exposed BBC CEO last year:

The CEO claimed that LOONA pre-debut eras cost around $9M, and Jaden Jeong said it cost a bit less than $3M.

The CEO of ATTRAKT claimed that he bought the rights to the demo for Cupid for ₩1b which is around 90% of the I-DLE budget for the whole album + MVs + Photoshoot + Glam etc...

Oh, If Loona whole pre-debut costs were around $3M (MV production for each member and unit, music show promotions for the units, production costs for the single albums, outfits, shoot, make up etc) then $822k for just one era seems really good actually (that you can reduce more the album production costs in comparison to most groups since Soyeon is in charge). 

34 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

I think they counted the cars :suburban:

But other TREASURE music videos look more expensive, similar to BLACKPINK

It can't be this one

The MV was literally in YG Headquarter parking lot and Lobby. :rip: 

3 hours ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

VCHA: 383,019 monthly listeners

Billlie: 725,452 monthly listeners

Cute. Good luck to them but I don't think they are pioneering anything. :snowman:

This song (and It's MV) gave massive High School Musical energy 

If they snub 'Don't Give a What' again

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xalric said:

It can't be this one

The MV was literally in YG Headquarter parking lot and Lobby. :rip: 

I'm not a treausre expert (or listen to them), but these look a biT more expensive.

4 hours ago, Spark said:

She is already back to gaining followers after 2 days from the scandal. :rip: She's on track to recover from that "loss" in a couple weeks. The same people dragging HyunA are the same people accepting ZICO back, so anyone with a brain not corrupted by gay stanwar'd misogyny can see the amount of vitriol she's receiving is just cause she's a woman. If anything, she's a victim. As I type this HyunA is mid slumber in Cambodia, resting after her sold out headlining slot at a festival. :lakitu:

I think you should divert your focus to Jessica Jung being able to find more than moderate success outside of China. Album flopped despite her alleged massive Chinese fanbase having 6 years to save up. Sold 50k in the first week, and nothing after that.

No chart success in Korea. Nobody even bothered to make a wikipedia page for her album. Spotify numbers at 1.7M for the whole EP after 2 months. HyunA's bomb single Nabillera at 10.6M, literally 10x bigger than her whole EP. Very sad. Not everyone can have a fruitful music career after leaving their group.

Even with a loss of 220k, that's still 6 million more than the ex-Girls' Generation member. 

all this words wast over Korean Nicki Minaj, girl-

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

like they snubbed your COUNTRY? spacer.png

Just now, luizinho said:

like they snubbed your COUNTRY? spacer.png

And prepare yourself for when Stray Kids snub it too 

Just now, Mitsuki said:

And prepare yourself for when Stray Kids snub it too 

they will be here and we will go premium, gatuxinha

The way S-Class was basically a movie in terms of budget:redface: Like the MV teaser alone literally served a movie trailer:

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pluto6 said:

The way S-Class was basically a movie in terms of budget:redface: Like the MV teaser alone literally served a movie trailer:

I love how they have BUDGET, no everybody can relate

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, luizinho said:

they will be here and we will go premium, gatuxinha

Hope is the only thing stronger than the fear

4 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

And when they did a literal mini documentary to flex LALALALA's budget  :dies:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Kidding me :jonnycat: They better perform twenty 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.