K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

6 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

Which are the charts to look at when you're tracking a proper japanese release though?? I think Line is kind of uneventful, but I hope this Mess does well for them and Yay at them promoting in Japanese music shows

Billboard + Oricon are the main Japan charts to track the true "popularity" I believe (correct if I'm wrong). 

LINE is used a lot by K-Pop fans so it's not a true picture of what the actual public likes, but it's still good to see they are gaining popularity in many charts.

The physical release also had a good 1st day sales on Oricon :clap3:

They will also perform on The Music Day in Japan this week

Edited by Zack
  • Like 1

• Replies 52.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

49 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

i want to feel like im downloading a computer virus on my windows XP every time i stream an aespa song.

The way I kinda get this :ahh:

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, montacelo said:

Still trying to understand how this went so wrong... They should have kept the beat in the teaser as the chorus or drop. This just sounds so dated. What is YG doing, or should I say TRYING to do, because this ain't it, and I say this this as someone who liked Sheesh. I feel so bad for this group :monkey:

the instruments. sound like taylor swift re record

2 hours ago, Asscatchem said:

the ahyeon reveal was iconic.

11570648.gif

1KqELiM.gif

need this for Seunghan except he'll be descending from the heavens dressed as Jesus Christ

spacer.png

• Haha 1

A hot mess indeed. They just haven't been doing it for me, since Girls era. I'm a casual listener now, but I really wanna stan them again. MYs being annoying didn't help either

Edited by Pluto6

13 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

-44% drop in one day, and y'll want to claim these Thai streams as organic? :skull: 

She's organic. I just didn't stream yesterday, that's all.

2 hours ago, Kety said:

0:37 onwards

they kinda had the best dance line in 2nd gen :jonny6: also Yuri OWNED that stage wow oh wow

Seo is also part of the dance line. Multi talented queen :clap3:

• Like 1

Seo is underrated as a dancer but then I think that's bc she priorities vocals more and being the harmonizer of the group :clap3:

3 hours ago, Asscatchem said:

i want to feel like im downloading a computer virus on my windows XP every time i stream an aespa song.

The accuracy. Everything about "Hot Mess" serves afterthought. And if they aren't going to give their Japanese singles the quality they give their Korean releases, I'd love to see them try a different musical genre. Give us fun pop or a quality ballad or something instead of…a hot mess.

The lyrics are so bad, too. I get that they wanted us to know Aespa's coming back 10/21 and promote potential titles like "U Like It" and "Fiction," but they could have done it better.

5 hours ago, Pluto6 said:

It's 2024 and Oprah is still acting like RIIZE whole concept isn't hugely inspired by NewJeans 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

Considering White Fox (now NewJeans) is a scrapped SM project and MHJ was a lot of the brainpower behind SM's glory days, it's not shocking to see NJ and RIIZE overlapping.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kety said:

they kinda had the best dance line in 2nd gen :jonny6: also Yuri OWNED that stage wow oh wow

Who's the 5th member showing up in some of the earlier clips? I thought there were only 4 in the dance line. Is it Seohyun?

3 hours ago, Kety said:

I need the 2027 Grand Comeback to have CMIYC levels of choreography :jonny4:

Sunny been on the couch for too long 

1 hour ago, Odette Violet said:

Seo is also part of the dance line. Multi talented queen :clap3:

Ah, so that answers my question above. It is her. Queen!

12 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Sunny been on the couch for too long 

I just know Susan ran the SM cafeteria like the navy from October 2017 - August 2023

zvyvjFv.gif

• Haha 1

Yves Will also surpass 800k monthly listeners in Spotify the best among post Loona Spotify accounts 

Edited by Selenasworld
  • Like 2

SM had to turn thee minjeong into a polly pocket :shakeno: how to destroy your brand 101

i really miss the "i'll step on your ass" energy. we need RBF winter back. her celebrity really gave the blackpink girlies a run for their money during the NL era now it's just like whatever. disclaimer she's still beautiful and talented i blame SM for mismanaging her brand

An4FZ6F.gif

VfS7vS3.gif

GsnKhL4.png

H6lyIm8.png

CiaraSales-vi.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.