• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

3 minutes ago, elevate said:

whitney-houston-singers.gif

Absolute powerhouse of a group! Also you can totally see the level of experience they have in effect; they are very specific with what they want + suggest enhancements or adjustments in a way that's uncommon in these recording videos (Wendy in particular, lol). They're also collaborative with one another (Seulgi requesting to see Wendy's verses / notes, etc).

Experience is important! 

Speak on IT :clap3:

They are really specific about their vocals and you can tell they all really understand their voices and strive for perfection. WENDY I feel sometimes should be actually credited as a vocal producer. I've seen other recording behinds where the idol just comes in to sing what they are told, how they are told to sing it, and then they leave.

But watching RV is so refreshing because it's clear they see it as a labor of love and I guess that's why it always shows in the final results with their amazing vocal arrangements and quality. Cosmic as an album is no different! :clap3:

Edited by Zack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kang Haerin :loki:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, romiskes said:

Still one of the best k-pop moments of all time, that "The Great Escape" performance was legendary. :WAP:

The stage presence, visuals, talents are all excellent. They were overwhelmingly good in peak their years:jonny6: No gg has come close since

Edited by Kety
  • Like 1

is this a cover or a new HanniXDanielle song for NJ1? :jonny5: sounds absolutely amazing, I love the rap parts

Edited by TheCal

Hyein ateeeeee:jonny5:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, illia said:

aespa's Hot Mess choreo is TERRIBLE so far :rip:

What happened to the excellence that was Supernova and Armageddon

They are hanging out with IVE too much I guess. I agree though Armageddon and Supernova choreos are perfect for the songs 

2 hours ago, Odette Violet said:

STUNNING. It's giving the most powerful active girl group in the world :clap3:

I'm so excited to see them in Tokyo in August ahhhhh :clap3: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheCal said:

Hyein ateeeeee:jonny5:

Best solo for now while she was recovering she was also really training those vocals. She sounds so confident 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Veiko said:

Ok I'm digging into Taeyeon's discography and this are some incredible songs for me! Her music is nothing like snsd it feels way more mature and western somehow? 

yeah some songs are even better in live 

Im thinking in watching more begin again videos after watching Adele's cover and four seasons I love live bands but I still need to listen her first album and all the minis 

Taste jumped out. Siren and Gravity are pop perfection. One Day is another career highlight. 

LISA is giving us the MPG global IDOL we deserve

:jonny6:

oh the TEASER 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

also, its funny when twice stans and blonks are fighting oncez never use sales or streams but they are using it with red velvet stans :lmao:  

Why do you constantly bring random Twitter beefs in here? :rip: And all of this is not unprovoked when Reveluvs have been constantly attacking TWICE on Twitter. 

And we get it, BP are the biggest Kpop gg of all time, nobody is denying that?? 

However let's not act like TWICE aren't the best selling Kpop gg of all time and arguably the Kpop gg with the most hits in Korea and Japan :rip:

10 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

At least RV is charting somewhere (Melon)

Sit this one out

GQ76knEaQAEuPMY?format=png&name=900x900

8 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I can post a dozen receipts to prove this but I'm at work. Obviously WG & Psy contributed to Hallyu. Snsd did more with thier Madision Sauare garden performance for Hallyu then WG and thier English flop albums and collabs with Akon and the Jonas Brothers

Girl we are talking about the first breakthrough, which was when Wonder girls was the first Korean act that managed to chart on Hot 100 and promote in the US back in 2008, which was 3 years before SNSD decided to promote in the US. PSY was the next Kpop act to chart, which was 4 years later.
It literally took 10 years for the next gg to chart on Hot 100 after Wonder Girls, which was BP in 2018. There's nothing that SNSD did in the US that can compete with that.
You're also acting like SNSD performed at Madison Square Garden alone, when it was literally a SMTOWM concert :rip: And you're gagging over talk show performances when Wonder Girls did it before SNSD as well :dies:

But PSY eclipsed them both and deserves to be credited more. 

7 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

In 5 years BlackPink and twice will be having thier legacy diminished by younger fans that will say thier impact and legacy is inflated and overhyped. It's already happening on twitter. The Boys Era was way more impactful for Kpop globally then Nobody or 2 Diffrent tears era. This shouldn't even be a debate. 

We don't know what the future holds, however I feel like The big 3 (BP, TWICE and BTS) legacy will be untouched for a very long time. 

6 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Also about the Psy thing. SNSD & Smtown literally sold out Madison Square garden & LA concerts a year before Gangnam style existed :deadbanana2: I'm not taking away what Wonder girls did. I was literally a fan of theirs as well during the time. But if we compare the actual impact and repercussions of what they did, it's night and day. Nobody is talking about thier Nickelodeon interviews compared to SNSD iconic letterman night show performance. Nobody even remembers Like Money:dies: but I Got a Boy YouTube VMA award is Remember by thousands hardcore Belibers and Directioners from that time. Gee & I got a Boy Music videos were the biggest Music videos of the time behind Gangnam style and 2Ne1 videos globally. Especially in the west. Only big bang was bigger in Europe than SNSD pre-2014. SNSD was breaking barriers. WG wishes. It's not just about who is first, cuz then we can go back to Boa and her stamp on Japan and America. SM was literally known for breaking out of Korea even before JYP with DBSK & BoA dominating SEA & Japan. SM just started to suck at thier expansion in 3rd Gen when they fumbled EXO 

Again, Wonder Girls charted on Hot 100 literally 4 years before Gangnam Style in an era where people barely knew what Kpop was. It took 10 years for the next Kpop gg to chart on Hot 100 which was Blackpink with D4

When it comes to the US:

In short, Wonder Girls were the first to have their little US breakthrough and break down barriers, but PSY was the first to official breakthrough with bigger impact

• Thumbs Down 4

2 hours ago, Pluto6 said:

Imma let you slide this time and pretend that I can't read today

S_jkMJ.gif

I know this post aged badly, but forgive me @Gorjesspazze9, since I suddenly got my reading skills back and saw the things y'all wrote, and I had to end some of you

S_jkMJ.gif

Edited by Pluto6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Comedor said:

Taste jumped out. Siren and Gravity are pop perfection. One Day is another career highlight. 

That's a good one but Circus and All Night Long are the highlights for me. I think I like more the b sides of her minis and the tittle tracks of the albums 

Lisa the thai legend that you arespacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Veiko said:

Ok I'm digging into Taeyeon's discography and this are some incredible songs for me! Her music is nothing like snsd it feels way more mature and western somehow? 

yeah some songs are even better in live 

Im thinking in watching more begin again videos after watching Adele's cover and four seasons I love live bands but I still need to listen her first album and all the minis 

How lucky you're to discover her at this stage of her career:jonny6: she's the best korean soloist for me and her lives usually better than recorded version especially those performances from 2017-2020

People are complaining online about how little solo screen time joy, wendy and yeri had compared to irene and seulgi, i wonder if this is related to contract renewal negotiation still on going or they decided to leave and SM minimized their visibility, SM is an evil company

suddenly reminded that certain person using newjeans to attack aespa not long ago

and now saying BUT BUT BUT RED VELVET STANS STARTED THE ARGUMENT!!!!!!! 

very very weird and suspicious 

• Like 1

Truly the prettiest group ever :ghostface:

GQ_GaYUbwAQYzn_?format=jpg&name=medium
GQ_GaYeasAA8zjS?format=jpg&name=medium
GQ_GaYeaUAAfsaQ?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

Why do you constantly bring random Twitter beefs in here? :rip: And all of this is not unprovoked when Reveluvs have been constantly attacking TWICE on Twitter. 

And we get it, BP are the biggest Kpop gg of all time, nobody is denying that?? 

However let's not act like TWICE aren't the best selling Kpop gg of all time and arguably the Kpop gg with the most hits in Korea and Japan :rip:

what is this hunty? I never said anything about that in my posts earlier :rip: 

• Like 1

the mv is going to be a collapse :gaygacat5:

@Veiko

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1qazx said:

wakeone has been promoting produce group in japan since 2018. their whole purpose since izone was to sell in japan. 

Girl all this mental gymnastics, as if every wakeone group was the same and had the same public and appeal  :gaycat7: The way some of you defend certain groups I hope their company gives you a check or something because I swear I cannot understand putting so much effort into this

depressed-desparate.gif

Edited by Darkling
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.