• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

1 minute ago, Odette Violet said:

**** SM. we really that World Tour 

The fact they occupied half of the Hhghest grossing girl groups concerts of all time without even touring huge stadiums or outside of Asia, they were that INSANE :clap3:

Their brand recognition 17 years in is still going strong :clap3:

SNSD being the reason any of these groups can even tour outside of Asia. I'm gonna need these kids to stop and look up who broke down the China, Japan, and U.S. market in the first place. It's SMTown ***** 👏

• Like 1

A BOP IS ON THE WAY! EXPRESS MAIL

1 minute ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

SNSD being the reason any of these groups can even tour outside of Asia. I'm gonna need these kids to stop and look up who broke down the China, Japan, and U.S. market in the first place. It's SMTown ***** 👏

Well they were basically #1 Girl Group in the biggest Asian markets ( Japan, China + support from SEA and being the default GG in korea )

like they could prolly crossover in the west nicely if the market was a lot more bigger and the reception for Kpop or asian acts was kinda better,  not that it's great now  but still 

Kelly was shook lol 

• Like 2

Just now, 1qazx said:

all of those are 2nd gen which was 10 years ago.

All of those show there is a precedent.

How come if another group does it now is copying but if NewJeans does it is not copying. :rip:

That is a release tactic that happens like every generation. Not sure why it should be something only one group can do or own. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry to say, but I think SM is over Red Velvet. This mini was uneventful to say the least, absolutely nothing really stuck out to me

its clear SM is just giving them songs to record for the sake of having a comeback, the rollout, the members throwing shade at SM. They really phoned this mini in. The title track is just okay, I expected better and why are all the songs mellow and moody, it's summertime! The girls and gays wanna shake ass! Where are the "Red Flavor" and "You Betta Know"'s?!

it's clear they're being pushed aside for their new money makers Aespa and focusing on the new girl group

i really love "Night Drive" tho. That's the only song that connected with me

7 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

It's SMTown ***** 👏

gurlll :hoetenks:

• Haha 2

No lies told. Korea put a stamp on it. BABYMONSTER leaders of 5th gen :clap3:

• Haha 5

I ask for a barbiecore, not  bearcore Taeyeon

:clack:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

All of those show there is a precedent.

How come if another group does it now is copying but if NewJeans does it is not copying. :rip:

That is a release tactic that happens like every generation. Not sure why it should be something only one group can do or own. 

Because nj copy what happen decade ago, which in any case always happen in any field. Other group copy nj after few months. If nj didnt do it other group wouldnt do it. Look at ive, 1st, 2nd, 3rd only one single, after nj 2 singles, then 3 singles.  No other group promote every single song of the album every come back. 

50 minutes ago, Xalric said:

The big problem of JYP with their GG is trying so hard for hits when they should build big fanbases. 

Like Twice is the main example, they have the fanbase to be one of the biggest touring force, even competing with Boy groups.

Like they should aim the same for Vcha.

jyp doesn't care about hits anymore the goal has always been album sales and concerts this is exactly why their girl groups are tanking in Korea :rip:

54 minutes ago, 1qazx said:

cupid chart great on spotify didnt make them bigger than nj. illit is as faceless as 5050.

Watch the rest of kpop copy mhj next japanese come back, release kr version of japanese singles. 

Were you born yesterday ? :rip:

2 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

jyp doesn't care about hits anymore the goal has always been album sales and concerts this is exactly why their girl groups are tanking in Korea :rip:

Were you born yesterday ? :rip:

name any other group do that in the last 10 year, release kr version of jp come back on the same day

18 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

And Taeyeon's Dance Pop album incoming :jonny6: @Sheep Won

Imagine how hard it must be being a @Sheep hater in this thread :sistrens:

GLJLZ3TWMAEjHmu.jpg

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mel. said:

IT'S HAPPENING!? :duca::duca::duca::duca:

YG is clearly desperate for income with BLACKPINK gone, 0 endorsements or solo money flowing either

a 2NE1 comeback would be great, but under YG? absolutely not after how it ended

10 minutes ago, 1qazx said:

name any other group do that in the last 10 year, release kr version of jp come back on the same day

TWICE did it in 2019

PS wait you said the same day :rip: I guess they don't count then

Edited by illia

24 minutes ago, Mel. said:

IT'S HAPPENING!? :duca::duca::duca::duca:

CL has been seen meeting both with YHS and with YG ent this year. She already has the rights to her name and BP raided the hard drive and Teddy probably left with whatever is remaining. This rumor is based entirely on those meetings and assuming that 2NE1 is the ONLY thing that company has that she would want at this point. It's baseless speculation and lets not pretend the man who sent Park Bom out to die in the press wants anything but the worst for 2NE1 and their fans. Nothing will come from this and CL is just trying her hardest to make things happen in spite of opposition like she has been since the day she decided to become a musician.

Edited by Sheep

3 minutes ago, illia said:

TWICE did it in 2019

not physical

the kr version released 2 months after jp version, not the same day

Edited by 1qazx

37 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

So many lies bestie.... Please don't come for me..

- Wonder Girls were literally the first Kpop act to chart on Hot 100 while SNSD being N/A, with PSY being the first Kpop act to officially breakout in the West

- Boa was the first Kpop act to breakout in Japan

Edited by Pluto6

why are yall arguing endlessly with some khia

Also I'm in the middle of finals but I came on here to put myself on the right side of history and announce that Cosmic is a 10/10 comeback. No notes. If SM is really going to give them the fx/snsd treatment, what a note to go out on they should be so proud. A truly peerless discography. :cries:

Edited by Sheep
  • Like 9

Oh... Seems like Japanese single flopped in Japan. 

On Oricon they end up 4th place

NewJeans-Japanese-debut-single-on-the-Or

Unit doing good even in Japan

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

oop

Obviously BlackPink are the most global currently, but please don't use this "ranking" as a source. It is just a measure of how many different countries have Wikipedia pages for the artist. :skull: 

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Girls' Generation is the only Nations Girl Group. Yall faves can fight over made up titles by random western Stan's. :hippo:

And let them know :clap3: 

• Like 1

I want that 2NE1 comeback so bad but I really hope its not in YG :rip: 

it will definitely be THEE kpop event and I cannot stand seeing that disgusting man win. not after everything he did to the 2NE1 girls 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joseline said:

Oh... Seems like Japanese single flopped in Japan. 

On Oricon they end up 4th place

NewJeans-Japanese-debut-single-on-the-Or

Unit doing good even in Japan

It's smashed harder than almost every Japanese single this year by a huge margin, sis. It's at 710k on Hanteo which won't reflect on BB Japan nor Oricon, but puts it in the top 10 year-end for biggest Japanese singles already.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.