K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

9 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

So there's a snippet of Armageddon on the d site...

de4af2e30c00b56df6b2ca8aa4056439c2c1eb36

dont say it's bad

• Replies 52.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

It's a widespread problem in Kpop. Everything is so intentional in Kpop from the clothes to the hair to the images to the videos even to the nails but when you get to the actual music....you have songs named BAHAMA and Long Note on an album named Armageddon. 

The Girls EP is probably the worst offender out of aespa's discog. Girls and Illusion go so hard and then you have Lingo/ICU/Lifes Too Short after the other. I'm open to aespa trying all genres (don't really like Kpop ballads as a whole though cause theu don't feel genuine) but its just not fun when you press shuffle & you're slayed by this hard hitting song with Winter/Ningning singing their hearts out while a beat pounds your ears....and then the next song is the world's sweetest song. It's a downer.

omg i had exactly the same conversation with my irl yesterday and said the exact same thing about girls :s

savage is immaculate thought and even the "ballad" on it is a serve so i dont understand what happened to them

kpop used to serve amazing full albums though. reboot is lowkey a timeless masterpiece. i wish companies tried more to emulate that kind of album, but as you said, it's more about the visuals than the music now (and before anyone say that kpop was always like that, it's simply not true. we're living the worst era of kpop in terms of music)

nowaday the norm is literally to tease a release for at least a month and a half with 4 concept photoshoots, preorders of 10 versions and tons of other useless stuff, then only 1 week of promotion when the actual music is out before ending the era (literally a few days after the album release???) like what the **** happened to THE MUSIC????

Edited by Windy Day
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

yeah i don't think i'm going to be using half of the aespa album :shutup:

and can we talk about the decline in the quality in SM Entertainment overall? can't believe this is the same company that gave us so many classic albums in the past decade :deadbanana2: 

also i don't get why because the producers/writers are mostly the same :deadbanana:

Reveal hidden contents

i'm lowkey blaming NCT for this tbh

SM peaked musically like a decade ago, I agree. But Aespa and RV have been doing thier thing. But throw on some SHINee or EXO and it's just facts. Pre 2017 SM was Elite :jonny5:And I'll die on this hill 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Each of the songs have different mood and I like it. I like the unpredictability of it all :clap3:

like I don't get this cohesive complaints but at the same time praising  Savage for being that album when  Yeppi2 then Lucid Dreams are in it, sounds like it don't belong on the same album. That's just me I guess :pancake:

Edited by Odette Violet

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Zack said:

I did but only on this song :jonnycat:

The Way To Go and FLYERS vibes were strong on this one!

:jonny2:Ok, I just heard it! 
Can't believe people in here are trying to drag this Excellence. This 2nd Gen Bop will be on heavy rotation 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

omg i had exactly the same conversation with my irl yesterday and said the exact same thing about girls :s

savage is immaculate thought and even the "ballad" on it is a serve so i dont understand what happened to them

kpop used to serve amazing full albums though. reboot is lowkey a timeless masterpiece. i wish companies tried more to emulate that kind of album, but as you said, it's more about the visuals than the music now (and before anyone say that kpop was always like that, it's simply not true. we're living the worst era of kpop in terms of music)

nowaday the norm is literally to tease a release for at least a month and a half with 4 concept photoshoots, preorders of 10 versions and tons of other useless stuff, then only 1 week of promotion when the actual music is out before ending the era (literally a few days after the album release???) like what the **** happened to THE MUSIC????

Yeah it's obvious the concepts are so well thought out that I wish it extended to the music. It's enjoyable when you can put on an album when you're working or studying or cooking etc & not have to worry about running over to skip the song. This is probably one reason  NewJeans blew up so quickly. When you press play on Get Up, every song evokes the same feeling or vibe so you aren't jolted by the sudden shock of a different energy. Same thing with Savage. I don't want aespa to stick to one sound their whole career, just stick to one sound every album. I'll probably just end up making a playlist for Armageddon tbh :rip:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

SM peaked musically like a decade ago, I agree. But Aespa and RV have been doing thier thing. But throw on some SHINee or EXO and it's just facts. Pre 2017 SM was Elite :jonny5:And I'll die on this hill 

honestly something changed after the pandemic :skull:

there are great projects coming out of the company here and there but overall the quality has gone down visibly :shutup:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

honestly something changed after the pandemic :skull:

there are great projects coming out of the company here and there but overall the quality has gone down visibly :shutup:

I wonder if some writers and producers left when LSM did. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Each of the songs have different mood and I like it. I like the unpredictability of it all :clap3:

like I don't get this cohesive complaints but at the same time praising  Savage for being that album when  Yeppi2 then Lucid Dreams are in it, sounds like it don't belong on the same album. That's just me I guess :pancake:

lucid dream still has that electronic / pc music inspired sound while being a "ballad"

it's not like they threw forever at the end of savage and called it a day

• Like 1

the way lucid dream is calmer than the rest of the album but still has those loud electronic moments that makes it perfect as savage's closing song :jonny6:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

what does it sound like 

i replayed supernova snippet too many times... it got boring

ship us armageddon

fumou-toda-fake.gif

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Supervillain said:

it's clearly AI :rip: people on tiktok have been making fakes of the entire album using the 'Suno" or whatever other AI music webite

Edited by katyberry

Album isn't out and people already complaining :redface:

That's why I avoid spoilers :bird: You don't know what you got, until you got it.

• Like 2

@youresotoxic I fear I missed several beautiful Xiaojun pictures while I was on my SM boycott

spacer.png

This should be getting released any day now since it's japanese 

5 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Live My Life :skull: Who asked for Disney Channel rejects?

This song sounds excellent. Who hurt you, bb?

5 hours ago, Zack said:

Long Chat is sounding like the only chop for me so far. 

Could have had the remix ver. of Hold On Tight on the album instead of that to be honest.

Zack once again spilling :clap3: 

5 hours ago, Mattheo said:

it's true

SM completely lost the plot with their albums after savage so i lowkey was expecting that

What? My World is undeniably the best mini of last year and a standout in K-pop as a whole. 

5 hours ago, Pikachu said:

honestly not surprised with the lighter songs nearing the end because the korean fans seem to like those kinda songs more

It's how albums typically worked in the late 90s/early 2000s and it's literally an SM staple in concerts. They always like to leave on a sweet note.

4 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Why the hell did we get the medley so early though :deadbanana2: The album is 3 weeks away

We're getting track videos before the album comes out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyme said:

Some of you intentionally being confused and thinking asking for a cohesive project = hating on aespa :toofunny3: No one likes hearing a song like Supernova and then hearing a song like Long Chat right after. It makes for an unpleasant listening experience. Not everyone puts one song per album on repeat.

Listening to an album on Shuffle and then judging the album is always going to be wrong. I will die on that hill. Cohesion isn't about every song sounding the same, it's about the album transitioning well while maintaining its identity.

Girls Generation were built different ❤️

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Listening to an album on Shuffle and then judging the album is always going to be wrong. I will die on that hill. Cohesion isn't about every song sounding the same, it's about the album transitioning well while maintaining its identity.

Listening to it chronologically would make the problem even worse. Every song doesn't have to sound the same to be cohesive either. I listed NewJeans Get Up as an example where the songs all give the same song but ETA sounds very different from Cool With You and NewJeans. Savage too with how aenergy sounds but it still fits with the title track and Lucid Dream with the metallic elements and booming bass.

• Like 1

Just when SKZ drops finally a good song. SVT decided to release a MV for the worst song of the year.

spacer.png

I do not love the sound of Aespa's album but Supernova sounds cool so judgment will be reserved for that. Idk if I agree about SM having a decline in quality though, it's more so just Aespa :rip: I too don't really understand why their great and consistent sound from Savage has been thrown out the window. Most of their b-sides after that just seem like someone spinning a wheel at the demo store.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supervillain said:

if you're being fr Red Velvet is gonna get buried by SM the way SNSD was, no way that would be written for aespa and not them

1 hour ago, Mattheo said:

dont say it's bad

Its very anthem ish to say the least

it sounds like ai bfrrr

or at least an edit sound of the actual song

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.