K-Pop Thread: All The Girls Are Girling, Girling

Ryan

35 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Is SM the most corrupt organization with the most fraudulent artists? Discuss. 

• Replies 62.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

magnetic is the only song i use from illit's EP but i wanna see where they go sonically

N5BepL6.gif

:redface: no women on top 10 but either IVE or aespa will take it whoever will do the comeback first

edit: Twice :siptea:

Edited by Odette Violet

Just now, Odette Violet said:

:redface: no women on top 10 but either IVE or aespa will take it whoever will do the comeback first

Twice is in the top 10

N5BepL6.gif

1 minute ago, youresotoxic said:

Twice is in the top 10

N5BepL6.gif

Yes edited it boo

They've been hard carrying that company for years

Aespa Girls GIF - Aespa Girls Mv - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mel. said:

What trends does YG follow? They were literally the ONLY hip-hop company when they started. No one else was doing it.

I think there is something to be said of Seo Taiji bringing a mix of hip-hop, dance & breakdancing to Kpop, but even this was stolen from black artists predominantly in the US. That's not necessarily a bad thing; artists steal from artists all the time. But it's become more generic and disposable over time, which is why there's been a celebration of newer groups moving away from the YG sound.

I know NJ's sound is stolen from UKG (not coincidentally also influenced by black artists, especially from the Carribean), but it's clear that we're at least moving away from a one-sound-for-all paradigm that YG's been pushing for years. The push from SM with fx and even their major artists at the time (SNSD - IGAB, for instance) is finally moving the needle. YG's first and foremost intention has been to create a mass-market, rapidly expiring consumable devoid of artistry. Everyone wants a massive hit, but not everyone is willing to go to jail to maintain their influence, so YG needs to be commended for that, as well.

Mark's finger and what it can do for me remains the best NCT related output of '24

NCT-Mark-for-Elle-Korea-April-2024-docum

NCT-Mark-for-Elle-Korea-April-2024-docum

• Haha 2

Still kinda love this even if the lyrics remind me of my own mortality

ezgif-5-faa5e8f0ba.gif

• Haha 3

Track #2: - --- -- --- *-* *-* --- *-- (0:07)

and they say NewJeans has no impact

4x.gif

So, so far Gidle have the biggest song of 2024?

I know YG is seething at Miyeon getting the last laugh 

m6026anyoaeb1.gif

• Like 5

Smoo D has been stuck in my head all day

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 40_L3VE said:

You quoted ME, saying I was talking about visuals, when I wasn't.

You forgot you're the one who quoted me with an off-topic first when I wasn't directing at you in the first place and now you're complaining about a misunderstanding? Please give me a break

Edited by aesthetic bih

2 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Track #2: - --- -- --- *-* *-* --- *-- (0:07)

and they say NewJeans has no impact

4x.gif

Mess, why the f*ck is 0:07 counted as a song? Apparently track 2 is just a morse code for "Tomorrow", which could've been easily an outro for Track 1 :deadbanana2:

7 hours ago, Joseline said:

:clap3::clap3:

It's funny how he could have been the most successful BTS soloist if he had gone the hyper mainstream pop boy route, but he's busy doing just whatever sound he wants. 
and JK is devouring instead in success. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joseline said:

:clap3::clap3:

It's funny how he could have been the most successful BTS soloist if he had gone the hyper mainstream pop boy route, but he's busy doing just whatever sound he wants. 
and JK is devouring instead in success. 

7 hours ago, 40_L3VE said:

Bad fillers, bad makeup and possibly a bit too much alcohol?

Kpop needs to enter its body positivity era STAT. Grown men starving themselves to keep boyish bodies. :shakeno:

If you look cloesly, there are male idols like Mingyu who are a beacon for healthy bodies in kpop, and now others need to also adopt whatever works according their height and metabolism instead of starving tbh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

I know YG is seething at Miyeon getting the last laugh 

m6026anyoaeb1.gif

Jesús :WAP:

the way they rose from the dead after Soojin left needs to be studied 

m6026anyoaeb1.gif

3 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

If you look cloesly, there are male idols like Mingyu who are a beacon for healthy bodies in kpop, and now others need to also adopt whatever works according their height and metabolism instead of starving tbh

That would be ideal, but for every 1 Mingyu, there are 7 Felixes, who go on crazy diets to keep their flower boy charms.

Too many fans get intimidated by manly physiques for labels to allow their idols to hit the gym and follow a healthy and exercise meal plan.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.