K-Pop Thread: 2NE1 Reunites, Signs with YG

Ryan

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

I understand Karina & Sakura but wonyoung they want her to attend variety shows but complain when she's overworked :rip:

They know going on variety shows is nothing compared to how she's overworked as a spy.

:cm:

• Replies 56.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• Pluto6

1 hour ago, Sailor Moon said:

It's kinda sad how small companies don't do well now like in the 2nd/3rd gen.

Like we had

AOA

EXID

Gfriend

MAMAMOO

Oh My Girl

Kara

T-ARA

Apink

... (and that's not even all of them)

All they all did very well, but in the 4th gen we only have (G)I-DLE and IVE.

And Stayc ??? :mazen: They're doing well okay 

7 minutes ago, Adama said:

Not you forgetting STAYC lol :dies:! They're the best exemple of small company among the 4th gen. 

It's sad that H1-key couldn't capitalize on their top 20 hit from last year 

STAYC i'm so sorry :deadbanana2: quality only!

this sexy bop :jonny5:

• Haha 1

need them back rn

Spoiler

and i miss sieun's old face so much omg :monkey: 

• Like 1

Are you perched :mandown: ? 

3 minutes ago, Adama said:

Yunriah and Chaewoncé are about to shut up the haters once and for all :clack:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sailor Moon said:

Some would also say Griddle and Ive are both groups that are from/partly originated in the 3rd generation.  And also, Ive's parent company acquired SM.  So who's the small company now? :eddie:

But it is a problem.  Girl groups have become so expensive while the domestic music industry returns have not kept up with that inflation, leaving a situation where only large entities with a lot of money to embezzle can risk girl groups anymore.

And a reason why girl group culture in Korea disappeared is because of the damage left by the 3rd generation, either with groups that alienated too much of the audience, or too frequently abandoning the audience all together to chase global fortunes, leaving post-pandemic Korea a damaged incubator to create "fresh" ideas the big companies can harvest from, resulting in more of the same, and the same.

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

Perched to see how much Lesserafim's live vocals have/have not improved :coffee2:

don't know enough about ATEEZ but I think their noisy music might do well at Coachella 

dance-dancing.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

Some would also say Griddle and Ive are both groups that are from/partly originated in the 3rd generation.  And also, Ive's parent company acquired SM.  So who's the small company now? :eddie:

But it is a problem.  Girl groups have become so expensive while the domestic music industry returns have not kept up with that inflation, leaving a situation where only large entities with a lot of money to embezzle can risk girl groups anymore.

And a reason why girl group culture in Korea disappeared is because of the damage left by the 3rd generation, either with groups that alienated too much of the audience, or too frequently abandoning the audience all together to chase global fortunes, leaving post-pandemic Korea a damaged incubator to create "fresh" ideas the big companies can harvest from, resulting in more of the same, and the same.

+ I feel like the big 4 have a huge monopoly on the industry, HYBE alone has like 10 groups that are all doing very good, why would anyone want to give a chance to some flop group from a small company that will disband after one comeback?

LSRF will do just fine :giraffe:

9 minutes ago, Adama said:

yes wooyoung and friends are coming to devour

2 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

LSRF will do just fine :giraffe:

Yeah they're probably practicing a lot and artists use a lot of backtrack in coachella so they would have to be super bad for it to be noticible.

31 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I drag auntie boa for kiis(and for derailing aespa on several occasions) but the day her and taeyeon leave SM is the day I switch on that company like I did to YG :clack:

Taeyeon leaving SM would cause them to file for bankruptcy. Aespa and RV would pull out. Investors would cancel thier contracts. Stock Prices would dip so low that not even SM Money Laundering Scheme (NCT) would be able to save them. No Conglomerate would want to associate with them. SM building lights will turn off cuz they can't pay thier electric bill. SMRookies will riot and burn down Kwangya. An end of a Era.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Taeyeon leaving SM would cause them to file for bankruptcy. Aespa and RV would pull out. Investors would cancel thier contracts. Stock Prices would dip so low that not even SM Money Laundering Scheme (NCT) would be able to save them. No Conglomerate would want to associate with them. SM building lights will turn off cuz they can't pay thier electric bill. SMRookies will riot and burn down Kwangya. An end of a Era.

Okay this was a joke but like all of this would literally happen.

:clack:

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Okay this was a joke but like all of this would literally happen.

Dont scare me. Ive lost too much from that shitty company…Never Again will I be victimized by SM. #BoycottSM

spacer.png

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

+ I feel like the big 4 have a huge monopoly on the industry, HYBE alone has like 10 groups that are all doing very good, why would anyone want to give a chance to some flop group from a small company that will disband after one comeback?

Nobody has a monopoly on the girl group market because at any point, it can be disrupted by something becoming popular.  There are dozens of examples of this, as opposed to boy groups who will always have a homophobia ceiling to hit.

Now, are the big companies trying to create a monopoly, not by releasing a bunch of groups, but preventing groups not under their control from even existing?  Maybe. This was definitely happening during the pandemic when small companies with girl groups that might've been able to do something but had no events and so no financing and no future, while the big companies were sucking down all that streaming/album buying/stock manipulation/nft scamming/government covid subsidies.

I figure the big companies who are left all need to be producing at least 5 girl groups, each, to make up for the damage.  That way more producers and staffers can be hired who might bring with them some new ideas.  And on the other side, maybe Korea's girl group culture can be reignited.  People think it died with certain smartphone policies being changed in 2015, but the Brave Girls algorithm thing showed those smartphones still consume girl groups, too.

He needs a haircut

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Yunriah and Chaewoncé are about to shut up the haters once and for all :clack:

What about Sakura :mandown:

1 hour ago, rapperjennie said:

Perched to see how much Lesserafim's live vocals have/have not improved :coffee2:

don't know enough about ATEEZ but I think their noisy music might do well at Coachella 

I want LSRFM to have a good camera work and put good transitions! Hope HYBE took notes from Beyonce!

I also wonder if any of them are going to use a band? 

ATEEZ music is too loud! I know they're going to scream a lot lol! 

1 hour ago, Mattheo said:

yes wooyoung and friends are coming to devour

10 minutes ago, xrosup said:

He needs a haircut

He looks Japanese here

2 hours ago, Sailor Moon said:

It's kinda sad how small companies don't do well now like in the 2nd/3rd gen.

Like we had

AOA

EXID

Gfriend

MAMAMOO

Oh My Girl

Kara

T-ARA

Apink

... (and that's not even all of them)

:clap3: and looking back at it this makes SNSD's status more impressive.

They had serious competitions despite being from the Big 3 and they weren't the top girl group right off from the bat 

FtPrMbXagAA__Jv?format=jpg&name=small

2015-2019 correspond with GFRIEND's activities

2020-2021, GFRIEND's activities during the pandemic, after HYBE's acquisition, then disbandment

2022, Lesserafim debut.

All that to say, a group like GFRIEND that was selling close to 100k albums was generally not profitable. Smaller girl groups with little to no activities besides album sales stand no chance. :mandown:

images-2023-07-27T180918.184.jpeg

My fave is shaking..

• Confused 1

Starry Night such an underrated gem in her discography tbh :jonny3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.