K-Pop Thread: GFRIEND to Reunite for 10th Anniversary

Ryan

This is so good wait :jonny5: how was this not a #1 smash? Let me stan this gorgeous King until my faves comeback

• Thanks 2

• Replies 66.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Cheers said:

This is so good wait :jonny5: how was this not a #1 smash? Let me stan this gorgeous King until my faves comeback

3D >>> seven :jonny6:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

3D >>> seven :jonny6:

Seven is awful. Standing Next To You sounds like a dated mess after a few listens.

3Dsus is the truth and ARMYs should've pushed this instead! I blame Wack Downlow for it not going #1.

1 hour ago, youresotoxic said:

should've been the biggest boy group hit of 2021

stan-twitter-dancing.gif

well yes! :-*

• Like 2

FINALLY!! It has been long overdue and should've been their 2nd #1 album at least, but JYP always made them release on the exact same day as some of the biggest artists in the US :redface:  So proud that they are still reaching new peaks in their almost 10 year career :clap3:

Truly the nation's girl group :clap3:

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 5

Oohh... Plot Twist is coming for 300k ULS on Melon. Smashing on every single metric. 

GHyPeH5W4AAyuNa?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

SuperM ruined the list ngl, since they cheated

Edited by Pluto6

I'm still stuck on this 

• Like 1

This song has the chance to challenge Eve&Psyche as the most successful 4th gen bside. Congrats to them, third hit this era:clap3:

Edited by PerfectSacrifice
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, PerfectSacrifice said:

This song has the chance to challenge Eve&Psyche as the most successful 4th gen bside. Congrats to them, third hit this era:clap3:

Eve is not a b side. It has a MV and had full promo. There is no point to calling something a “B Side” when it was a full and completely promoted single. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, katyberry said:

I'm still stuck on this 

This is probably just an intro.

2 hours ago, hallucinate said:

wait this chill remix slays a bit :jonny:

there were rumors of them covering fancy for the spotify singles thing so maybe it will be released :jonnycat:

Oh wow I loved this! Fancy is such a classic and I love the new girlies for covering it :clap3:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xalric said:

When we talk about GG and MelOn results, there is an other account to take, BoA talked about it on the show she did with Hwasa, Lee Hyori, Uhm Jung Hwa and Kim Wan Sun. 

At one point, your label still pushes the songs but they stop selling.

I've been talking about it too. When they (female artist mainly cause I've not seen with male since it's a total different path with the military where some of them lose completely their fandoms during that time) are viewed too old to compete with idols but too young to compete with the legends.

Realistically Twice in Korea are in that limbo, everything they'll try will not make them move out of there, but internationally there are still room to grow. And the worst part is if they push their star internationally, Korean fans would scream and try to boycott them when they aren't even supporting them as much as they used to.

Spoiler

I think whatever JYP is doing right now is working for them internationally, and I hope they don’t do too much to push twice in the west tbh. Right now the girls are organically finding their audience in the west and growing their fanbase without doing too much fanfare in the media (I know there are TV performances but that’s the bare minimum everyone must do for the exposure), and that’s helping them sell albums and sellout stadiums. If they jump the gun and start aggressively pushing the group through unnecessary payola on the radios and festivals and stuff, the audience might actually get turned off and their momentum might get halted, especially when the girls are not fluent in English and are not as familiar and enriched with the western culture to actively promote without looking unrelatable. Groups like NewJeans, BP, Lesserafim at least have members in them who can speak fluent English and are already knowledgeable with how the western media operates and what it likes in popstars, having grown up in foreign countries themselves. And the music of those groups is also way more western friendly than Twice. So Twice has less potential than those groups in that regards. And it’s incredibly impressive how far they have reached in the west despite that limitation. We love these legends for that. 

Edited by Witnessed ET
  • Like 1

Kai is too kind and precious to be forced to share oxygen with S**bin

gYVXE2V.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

That being said Twice formula was the best at their peak, having fun colourful pop song with no big meaning behind them. With some members being full cute, while others full on sexy while some of them were serving girl crush, but still blended well into one group, the big problem of NMIXX, Lightsum and most of the groups trying to recreate that.

M

They were never in one category but at the same time in all of them. 

• Like 1

I loved this so much on release day but lately its just hitting harder :WAP:

yawn truly is THEE kpop soloist

• Like 6

AVvXsEgkLDW2BObJ6KeQXmCKUolsTRot1iyXOBjh

is this real or edited

• Haha 1

Did Somebody say Nations Girl Group:eddie:

• Like 3

is she allowed to travel without her parents? :eli: 

• Like 2

Kazuha saying "loser, loser" has been stuck in my brain for several days now. 

220513-LE-SSERAFIM-s-Kazuha-at-Fansign-Event-documents-1.jpeg?v=1fb1e

2 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Did Somebody say Nations Girl Group:eddie:

I'm not clicking play because this will take over my mind for at least 3 days based off previous experience, but I support your SNSD fangirling and your Soundcloud. Your neighbours will deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.