• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the diff between playlist reach and autoplay? they seem to be the most common when people discuss "payola"

Just now, Darkling said:

Anyway, I think a lot of international casual listeners fans of kpop might be taken aback from the recent scandals surrounding them and not willing to listen to their music anymore, but that's just a guess. Aside from the lack of push and promotions that HYBE can be inflicting on them, of course.

The song beind mid doesn't help either

1711339106_424_Pato-Fumando-GIF.gif?w=740&ssl=1

• Like 1

Now I wonder how LSRFM's next title track is going to chart

Kinda need Starship to steal whatever tactics hybe are using cause IVE doing 700k makes no sense to me:rip:

Just now, Mitsuki said:

It has nothing to do with Payola. 'ETA' debuted with 2.61M global with 1.89M of playlisting reach, 'ASAP' 2.6M and 'Get Up' with 2.1M with much less since they were simple b-sides. 'How Sweet' had a mixed reaction from international community. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to do as good as their previous releases. 

ASAP is horrible tho and still did huge numbers

They just simply aren't getting the same push or the scandal killed some of the hype

2 minutes ago, Darkling said:

Anyway, I think a lot of international casual listeners fans of kpop might be taken aback from the recent scandals surrounding them and not willing to listen to their music anymore, but that's just a guess. Aside from the lack of push and promotions that HYBE can be inflicting on them, of course.

They lost all their hybe company and success stan asslickers:rip:

1 minute ago, Pikachu said:

whats the diff between playlist reach and autoplay? they seem to be the most common when people discuss "payola"

playlist reach is the amount of the playlist exposure the song has on playlists (the biggest one: top daily hits).

autoplay is the song that automatically plays next after you finish a song.

• Thanks 1

Wait, there were some users who keep saying HYBE payola in Spotify is one of the best since they really know how to playlist and work the autoplay feature in their favor and most of the thread threaten them really bad. :deadbanana:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Playlist reach depends on a number of playlists the song is put on. The more playlists, the more people listening to the playlist would be able to come across the song => the bigger playlist reach

Autoplay is kind of like the Spotify version of Youtube ads when the song randomly plays in your queue. 

Edited by illia
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hendery said:

ngl this kinda just confirms that hybe payola/push actually works :rip:

I just want to see if they can make Katseye successful. It's going to be a bigger challenge 

Just now, Hendery said:

Kinda need Starship to steal whatever tactics hybe are using cause IVE doing 700k makes no sense to me:rip:

They just simply aren't getting the same push or the scandal killed some of the hype

They did 1.129 million with a full day of tracking but yeah it's a mix of bad playlisting and the consequences of their previous era. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

Wait, there were some users who keep saying HYBE payola in Spotify is one of the best since they really know how to playlist and work the autoplay feature in their favor and most of the thread threaten them really bad. :deadbanana:

That's very different from "payola", also, spotify streams do not count as actual streams unless you listen to more than 30 seconds of the song.

Edited by Darkling

RIP Karl Marx you would have loved Karina :jonnycat:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adama said:

I just want to see if they can make Katseye successful. It's going to be a bigger challenge 

They did 1.129 million with a full day of tracking but yeah it's a mix of bad playlisting and the consequences of their previous era. 

Their playlists during eleven/LD/eleven was so much better now they gave up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

playlist reach is the amount of the playlist exposure the song has on playlists (the biggest one: top daily hits).

autoplay is the song that automatically plays next after you finish a song.

5 minutes ago, illia said:

Playlist reach depends on a number of playlists the song is put on. The more playlists, the more people listening to the playlist would be able to come across the song => the bigger playlist reach

Autoplay is kind of like the Spotify version of Youtube ads when the song randomly plays in your queue. 

How can we know the total of playlists reach for a song? 

They all look so beautiful. :heart2:

The 2nd half of the video is the best since they start dancing to others parts. Probably my fav relay dance of them.

• Like 1

My girls NewJeans fell off

Ae girls winning

Mother Min Heejin N/A

Seunghan out 

Wonyoung hiding

Rocket Punch disband

Oh it's bad for me 

spacer.png

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Darkling said:

Thta's very different from "payola", also, spotify streams does not count as actual streams unless you listen to more than 30 seconds of the song.

True. Is more as being smart of how the system works and turn in into your favor. 

I think we have to consider as well that the international reception to the whole HYBE vs ADOR mess has been more in favor of HYBE.

I do believe armys were helping NJ with international streams just because they belong to the whole HYBE family thing. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Their playlists during eleven/LD/eleven was so much better now they gave up.

Even for After like and I AM. Imo I wouldn't care if they could at least distribute their albums properly in the US, but they can't even do that :toofunny3:

• Like 2

Wait I saw NJ's numbers :deadbanana2: 

HYBE said you want to leave then no payola anymore 

for comparisons

first day playlisting:

how sweet: 27M

supernova: 7M

heya: 6M

easy: 7M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hendery said:

You might think ASAP is horrible, but It wasn't pushed while doing better numbers than 'How Sweet', that is a title track and have more playlisting reach.

'ASAP' was going viral on Tiktok due to the success of the MV teaser they previously released and hyped the song up. 

I'm not denying they have been pushed with some of their songs, but not all of them and If even their songs that weren't pushed before did better numbers than HS and BBG It's fair to say It's not as black and white as just accuse of 'lack of payola'. I believe the lack of interest in the song and yes, some of their hype/support being 'killed' due to the scandal are things to take more in consideration. 

• Like 2

accendio as a title track wouldve smashed on spotify tbh

all the viral looks were for that + sound is what people love from IVE :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Bubble Gum was used for ads and tv program in Japan but only debut #63on spotify Japan :rip:
can't believe my girls flopping this hard
Min Hee Hee lost
Bang Body won 
:jonny2:

Edited by OrionHwang

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.